125th Anniversary

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

125th Anniversary

Post by Nos89 »

Are all the celebrations over for 125th anniversary? The club seems to have ditched the anniversary badge and reverted back. Thought it was a season long celebration?? :?

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

the new badge is still on there site

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

What you mean Nos?

SCREAM AIM FIRE

Post by SCREAM AIM FIRE »

The people at the dictionary got in touch with their lawyers, they're suing us for using the word forward so badly out of context.

RocastleRock

Post by RocastleRock »

SCREAM AIM FIRE wrote:The people at the dictionary got in touch with their lawyers, they're suing us for using the word forward so badly out of context.
Or maybe copyright, the 'Forward' at the bottom of the badge was on a Birmingham city badge from the 1880's i believe or maybe even after that. Just spotted it on google.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Perhaps the club realised that celebrating 125 years is a fucking con, celebrations for 50, 100 years not 12 fucking 5, where does it stop? Just a money grabbing exercise to equal the DVD seller Park and the over the hill Henry.

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

RocastleRock wrote:
SCREAM AIM FIRE wrote:The people at the dictionary got in touch with their lawyers, they're suing us for using the word forward so badly out of context.
Or maybe copyright, the 'Forward' at the bottom of the badge was on a Birmingham city badge from the 1880's i believe or maybe even after that. Just spotted it on google.
Pretty bloody difficult to claim a copyright issue 100 years on. I doubt financially broke Birmingham wants to play at lawyers* with Arsenal.

* barristers? solicitors? whatever you lot call em.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

'Greedy *word censored*' is normally the term of reference used to describe them in this country. 8)

Except for our very own Rolypoly - who is better known on here simply as ' the bullshitter'. 8) :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

SWLGooner wrote:What you mean Nos?

I've noticed that since the turn of the year any press function given by wenger or squad member they are no longer wearing the anniversary badge. Whereas from the beginning of the year Wenger mostly appeared in an anniversary polo shirt. Maybe he thought it was bad luck.

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

probable releaseing a new shirt with a different badge