Wenger - Koscielny is one of league’s best

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
RocastleRock

Wenger - Koscielny is one of league’s best

Post by RocastleRock »

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... gue-s-best

I have to agree, one of the very few good things about this season so far.

He was great at Craven Cottage and many other games.

Long may it continue.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I agree, he is one of the best in the league.

I think we saw signs of this last season. For example vs Barcelona at the Grove.

Hopefully he continues his solid form for years to come.

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

Kos earnt us a point at Dortmund away months ago with that sliding tackle, he's been immense all season despite being provided with shit coaching and inadequate protection from the midfield apart from Arteta.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

He's improved immensely and has been one of our best performers this season, but he needs to do it over another 2 to 3 seasons consistently before being elevated to ''one of the best in the league'' Wenger, handing out outlandish praise too early to disguise his own current shortcomings imo.

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

he is good for us yes, but one of the best in the league? talk about hype

How about you coach us to concede less goals eh? why dont we work on that. Thats the stat that matters.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

franksav63 wrote:He's improved immensely and has been one of our best performers this season, but he needs to do it over another 2 to 3 seasons consistently before being elevated to ''one of the best in the league'' Wenger, handing out outlandish praise too early to disguise his own current shortcomings imo.
Agree.

He's been very good this season, excellent on some occasions, but one of the best in the league? No.

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

SWLGooner wrote:
franksav63 wrote:He's improved immensely and has been one of our best performers this season, but he needs to do it over another 2 to 3 seasons consistently before being elevated to ''one of the best in the league'' Wenger, handing out outlandish praise too early to disguise his own current shortcomings imo.
Agree.

He's been very good this season, excellent on some occasions, but one of the best in the league? No.
agreed he is not one of the best in the league, but prob the most improved in the league and i am actually confident if we ever get kos verm and sagna playing together at the same time then we may have a decent defence

armchair

Post by armchair »

Considering who hes playing alongside in the back four at times ie Durex, Squeaky, Miguel I'd have to agree.

If he played in a stable back four with Sagna ,TV and a decent LB and some decent DM cover ie Jack with a disciplined Song. :o I think we'd all be a bit happier. :)

skipper

Post by skipper »

Does this mean Kos is leaving us in summer and Wenger is inflating his price?

JudoKilli

Post by JudoKilli »

I've rated Kos highly since we bought him. I like the way the majority of this forum has gone from saying he's crap to praising him!

Hopefully he'll continue as he is, and with Sagna back soon we can get some consistency going at the back!

armchair

Post by armchair »

skipper wrote:Does this mean Kos is leaving us in summer and Wenger is inflating his price?
No hes going to Man Shitty next week. :shock: :lol:

skipper

Post by skipper »

armchair supporter wrote:
skipper wrote:Does this mean Kos is leaving us in summer and Wenger is inflating his price?
well you know, it's not a secret that club's policy for a foreseeable future is selling our best players.

skipper

Post by skipper »

armchair supporter wrote:
well you know, it's not a secret that club's policy for a foreseeable future is selling our best players.

skipper

Post by skipper »

2x

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

JudoKilli wrote:I've rated Kos highly since we bought him. I like the way the majority of this forum has gone from saying he's crap to praising him!

Hopefully he'll continue as he is, and with Sagna back soon we can get some consistency going at the back!
I believe rather than that, it was 'the majority of this forum' realising that a player with mainly Ligue2 experience shouldn't have been thrown right in at the deep end of an already vulnerable and inexperienced defence and that what we needed at the time was a dominant centre-half ready to fit straight in!! :roll:

Because his performances have undoubtedly improved this season, he is getting justifiable praise from gooners on here. That's showing consistency and fairness in my book, rather than any form of double standard. 8)