PRAVDA.COM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

PRAVDA.COM

Post by REB »

http://www.arsenal.com/usa/news/feature ... ws+Feed%29

:cry: :roll: :cry:

Stateside Gooner: We have to be supportive

By Chris Toronyi

It's not easy being an Arsenal supporter. It provides its fair share of pain and much joy. Of course we want the Club to win every game, every player to place pinpoint passes, make every shot and every decision to be spot on.

If that were the case the game would be boring. It would lack drama. It would lack losing, lack pain. Lack everything there is about sport.

Sunday was no different. All the things I mentioned occurred, BUT they happen in every game. The reason a team loses is because of numerous slight, unforeseen miscalculations made by the other team. For instance, look at my New York Giants football game yesterday against the San Francisco 49ers. Numerous plays lead to the Giants win. Not just one. Freaky things happen in sport. They just do. I'm very happy because of it for the Giants and not so because of it for Arsenal.

Yes, our game yesterday included many opportunities for us to win (or tie). We were unable to do so. We had 10 players out injured. We had players playing out of position. We had players who looked a bit tired. Look at all the factors. It wasn't the perfect formula for a result, but we showed heart, we showed class. We fought.

Look, I'm not going to sit here and blog about what we should have done differently. There is a reason I'm sitting behind this computer. I support the Club regardless of the outcome. I'm a supporter through and through.

Yes, I may question decisions, but what good does that really do when it comes to the on-field strategy. It may make me feel better and I guess it could be a form of therapy for you or me. But you see, I like to be positive. Supportive. That's what our team needs right now. Man, I really hate "hate."

We all want the same, right? We want the Club to win, we want trophies in our cabinet. It'll come. Just be supportive.

'Stateside Gooner' Chris Toronyi is a longtime Arsenal supporter and the host of The Arsenal America podcast, available every Thursday evening at ArsenalAmerica.com. You can read more of Chris' thoughts on Twitter.

Tomáš

Re: PRAVDA.COM

Post by Tomáš »

REBEL GOONER wrote:

We all want the same, right? We want the Club to win, we want trophies in our cabinet. It'll come. Just be supportive.

'Stateside Gooner' Chris Toronyi is a longtime Arsenal supporter and the host of The Arsenal America podcast, available every Thursday evening at ArsenalAmerica.com. You can read more of Chris' thoughts on Twitter.
[img]
http://totalfootblog.files.wordpress.co ... .jpg?w=640[/img]

SpanishJoe

Post by SpanishJoe »

Two nations separated by a common language (and an apparent lack of understanding).

augie

Post by augie »

Ask him how fcuking positive would he be if he was shelling out over a grand every season to see the same on pitch and off pitch fcuk ups :roll: :evil:
Ask him how "positive" he would be feeling attending every match knowing that we are 1 injury (rvp or chesney) away from a collapse that would blow the riochter scale away :cry: :cry:

He hates hate ? I fcuking hate bullshit :roll: :evil: :banghead: :banghead:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Re: PRAVDA.COM

Post by Leyton Gooner »

REBEL GOONER wrote:http://www.arsenal.com/usa/news/feature ... ws+Feed%29

Stateside Gooner: We have to be supportive

By Chris Toronyi

It's not easy being an Arsenal supporter. It provides its fair share of pain and much joy. Of course we want the Club to win every game, every player to place pinpoint passes, make every shot and every decision to be spot on.

If that were the case the game would be boring. It would lack drama. It would lack losing, lack pain. Lack everything there is about sport.

Sunday was no different. All the things I mentioned occurred, BUT they happen in every game. The reason a team loses is because of numerous slight, unforeseen miscalculations made by the other team. For instance, look at my New York Giants football game yesterday against the San Francisco 49ers. Numerous plays lead to the Giants win. Not just one. Freaky things happen in sport. They just do. I'm very happy because of it for the Giants and not so because of it for Arsenal.

Yes, our game yesterday included many opportunities for us to win (or tie). We were unable to do so. We had 10 players out injured. We had players playing out of position. We had players who looked a bit tired. Look at all the factors. It wasn't the perfect formula for a result, but we showed heart, we showed class. We fought.

Look, I'm not going to sit here and blog about what we should have done differently. There is a reason I'm sitting behind this computer. I support the Club regardless of the outcome. I'm a supporter through and through.

Yes, I may question decisions, but what good does that really do when it comes to the on-field strategy. It may make me feel better and I guess it could be a form of therapy for you or me. But you see, I like to be positive. Supportive. That's what our team needs right now. Man, I really hate "hate."

:coffeespit:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

augie wrote:Ask him how fcuking positive would he be if he was shelling out over a grand every season to see the same on pitch and off pitch fcuk ups :roll: :evil:
Ask him how "positive" he would be feeling attending every match knowing that we are 1 injury (rvp or chesney) away from a collapse that would blow the riochter scale away :cry: :cry:

He hates hate ? I fcuking hate bullshit :roll: :evil: :banghead: :banghead:
this!

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Tell stateside chris to go and watch some fucking rounders, fucking yank twat. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Chips and Chocolate

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

What a tru gooner, I'm so impressed! Wish I was like him... Fuckin' hallelujah :lol:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

OK! Go team! Win the goal! Real fans have patience! :roll: :banghead:

To be fair, and to avoid sweeping generalisations, I have had a lot of fun watching games with the yanks when I've been in NYC. That said, I'm not at all surprised pravda love this guy :lol:

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Dan, I agree, the NY Gooners are top lads :)

It does however IMO make a difference to me when I go, I feel much more angry when we lose and happy when we win, if the impact is lessened of course you're more likely to be positive

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

SWLGooner wrote:Dan, I agree, the NY Gooners are top lads :)

It does however IMO make a difference to me when I go, I feel much more angry when we lose and happy when we win, if the impact is lessened of course you're more likely to be positive
Thing is, they probably switch channels straight after to watch college "football" and are just as supportive and enthusiastic about that.
I have only spent a short amount of time in America, but long enough to realise they will watch anything and get excited about it.

Simon

Post by Simon »

"Look, I'm not going to sit here and blog about what we should have done differently. There is a reason I'm sitting behind this computer. I support the Club regardless of the outcome. I'm a supporter through and through. "

You can hardly blame the Club for using someone like him for PR purposes, although it might enhance their credibility if they featured more critical views.

However I'm sure the Club would love to fill the stadium with 60,000 clones of this guy every fortnight.

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

goonersid wrote:
SWLGooner wrote:Dan, I agree, the NY Gooners are top lads :)

Thing is, they probably switch channels straight after to watch college "football" and are just as supportive and enthusiastic about that.
I have only spent a short amount of time in America, but long enough to realise they will watch anything and get excited about it.
:worried:

Sid is posting on a thread about Americians :shock:

:wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

It's draw the game not tie the game you fucking mug *word censored* :banghead:

Batflyer

Post by Batflyer »

rodders999 wrote:It's draw the game not tie the game you fucking mug c**t :banghead:
They don't understand much about football, do they? I'm surprised this 'Stateside Gooner' didn't use the word 'soccer'. :roll: