Every club in the PL has a better 2nd choice striker

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Every club in the PL has a better 2nd choice striker

Post by SteveO 35 »

The Self Harmer's deepest cut this season without doubt for me, was his failure to sign a 2nd striker in the transfer window. Henry doesn't count either does he, given that by the time he's match fit he'll be back in New York.

I actually now think that with the reserve striking options being Maryanne the Camel and Super Quality Park, we've sunk to a level of reserve striker that would not look out of place in the Championship or the top end of League 1.

I'm not even going to bother with the top 5 and their striking options because we all know they are far superior to ours but look beyond that and every team has at least one other striker to their main man that would walk into our squad ahead of the Camel and SQ. I would take any of the players on the list below ahead of those 2 jokers:

Villa - Bent, Agbonlahor, even sodding Heskey is better than Chamakh
Blackburn - Yakubu, Hoilett (even fucking Rochina and Goowillie score the odd goal)
Bolton - Klasnic, Ngog, Davies, Tuncay
Everton - Stracqualursi, Jelavic, Anichebe, Donovan
Fulham - Ruiz, Johnson, Orlando Sa, Dembele
Newcastle - Ba, Cisse, Best, Ameobi x2
Norwich - Holt, Morison, Jackson
QPR - DJ Campbell, Bothroyd, Zamora, Smith, Cisse, Helguson, Mackie
Stoke - Jones, Crouch, Walters, Fuller, Jerome
Sunderland - Campbell, Wickham, Sessegnon
Swansea - Graham, Lita, Moore
West Brom - Long, Odemwingie, Cox, Fortune
Wolves - Fletcher, Doyle, Ebanks-Blake
Wigan - possibly the only fucking team with fewer options than us and look where they are. Rodallega would walk in ahead of our two reserve jokers, but Di Santo, Sammon are on a par

Now you might argue the case on a handful of the players about but generally speaking I look at the forwards for people like QPR, Stoke and Fulham, and RvP apart I think they have better options

Absolutely tragic

lowerwest

cant argue

Post by lowerwest »

nope cant argue with a lot of that. imagining a world without rvp. i guess we are set up a bit differant as we have 2 non strikers playing in attacking positions in walcott/gervinho/ox. even so you can see our squad has no chance of finishing 4th.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Ive been trying to work out for the last few days who SQ was from your posts :? Its Super Quality Park :lol:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

flash gunner wrote:Ive been trying to work out for the last few days who SQ was from your posts :? Its Super Quality Park :lol:
8)

SQ Flash, YC.

8)

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

arseofacrow wrote:
flash gunner wrote:Ive been trying to work out for the last few days who SQ was from your posts :? Its Super Quality Park :lol:
8)

SQ Flash, YC.

8)
YC?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

You just wait till Park's adapation period is over, then this thread will make you look a fool. Mwah ha ha ha ha. :roll:

:banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:You just wait till Park's adapation period is over, then this thread will make you look a fool. Mwah ha ha ha ha. :roll:

Just in time for his National Service you mean ?!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:You just wait till Park's adapation period is over, then this thread will make you look a fool. Mwah ha ha ha ha. :roll:

He will be pardoned from doing his national service when he wins the ballon d'or next season :roll:

:wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

He will be pardoned from doing his national service when he wins the ballon d'or next season :roll:

:wink:
Lol. I reckon he'll be on the bench for the South Korea Military XI in 2 years time

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Re: Every club in the PL has a better 2nd choice striker

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

SteveO 35 wrote:Agbonlahor... Rodallega
I actually wanted us to bid for Agbonlahor last month as first choice ahead of both Walcott & Globehead, as well as 2nd choice behind RVP - not that I ever though it would happen. Dont think he'd have been ridiculously expensive either.

And apparently Rodallega's out of contract in the summer so what's the odds we bring him in as RVP's "replacement" on a free. :roll:

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

London's got the best parks...

:twisted:

STLgooner89

Post by STLgooner89 »

I wish that we would've brought pavlyuchenko in anytime in the last 2 years. Always seems to score when played and maybe he would've inspired arshavin a tad bit :twisted:

augie

Post by augie »

Where is the worlds greatest striker on sunderlands list ? :? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Surely the great nicky b must be worth a mention ? :wink:

Btw you are of course 100% correct about the shameful lack of quality in our back up strikers and when rvp's back gives in after 6 months of carrying this pile of shite then we are well and truly fcuked :cry: :cry: :cry:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote: when rvp's back gives in after 6 months of carrying this pile of shite then we are well and truly fcuked :cry: :cry: :cry:
And that is the truely frightning thing. Just say god fucking forbid RVP does his cruciate against Blackburn on Sat. and is ruled out for the rest of the season. We're seventh not with all his goals, I wouldn't rule out 17th with out him.

Park and Cahmackh up front :shock:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote: when rvp's back gives in after 6 months of carrying this pile of shite then we are well and truly fcuked :cry: :cry: :cry:
And that is the truely frightning thing. Just say god fucking forbid RVP does his cruciate against Blackburn on Sat. and is ruled out for the rest of the season. We're seventh not with all his goals, I wouldn't rule out 17th with out him.

Park and Cahmackh up front :shock:
Well that was the point of the thread mate, just to highlight how far we've slipped. Honestly there are strikers from all of the other 19 clubs in the PL I would take over those two. Remember the days when Wiltord and Kanu in their prime could only just scrape a place on the bench?

BTW - it's not Park and Chamakh up front because that would assume we'd be so brave as to play a pair of strikers. Its Park or Chamakh up front on their fucking own with the other one chucked on exactly on 70 minutes for Oxlade-Chamberlain :D

Arsene knows