PODOLSKI

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

PODOLSKI

Post by REB »

hope all these rumours are true but nothing official from club or fc koln .

Highbury1965

Re: PODOLSKI

Post by Highbury1965 »

The question is; is this a possible replacement for RVP or an additonal signing?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Highbury1965 wrote:The question is; is this a possible replacement for RVP or an additonal signing?
Thats what worries me :?

North-Bank-1987

Post by North-Bank-1987 »

Highbury1965 wrote:The question is; is this a possible replacement for RVP or an additonal signing?
I hope to god its the latter, I don't think anyone could come in and be an instant replacement, hes taken the bull by the horns this season, carried the team all season, to put it politely we are ****** if we sell him :(

EDIT : Careful mate about swearing - Flash

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

The BEEB run this story as their headline article yesterday and for me the Beeb is just as good as the .com website. Deal is in the bag.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

What's the chances of him getting crocked in the euros, then not seeing him til april.

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

gunner_ace wrote:The BEEB run this story as their headline article yesterday and for me the Beeb is just as good as the .com website. Deal is in the bag.
Agree with this - soon as the beeb run it you know it's true, seeing as they're normally the last to any story!

I'm happy with this as a signing, he's a very good player. I'm a little worried it's an RVP replacement though as they normally play the same position :cry:

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

i stick with my original optimism that RVP will sing a new contract

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

i like the idea of podolski on the left (he played a lot there), rvp in the middle and the ox on the right. for a long time we haven't had a front three that really scares the hell out of defences, i think that could be the one.

however, i'd find it weird to see wenger put gervinho and theo on the bench

augie

Post by augie »

And the question I have is if wenger see's podolski as a squad signing or a first 11 player and where wenger see's his position in the team. Tragically it looks more and more likely that we will be stuck with the senile old french duffer as manager again next season (esp if he is signing players now) so will he change back to a 4-4-2 like many of us wants ?
Too obvious and sensible for him to do it :roll:

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

augie wrote:

And the question I have is if wenger see's podolski as a squad signing or a first 11 player and where wenger see's his position in the team. Tragically it looks more and more likely that we will be stuck with the senile old french duffer as manager again next season (esp if he is signing players now) so will he change back to a 4-4-2 like many of us wants ?
Too obvious and sensible for him to do it :roll:
i think he will play with rvp. Dont think it will be 442 though.

I bet Gervinho will be benched- im glad as he is s****

tel

Post by tel »

It would be an excellent signing with RVP, the type we should be looking to make. If it's instead of RVP then I wouldn't be impressed. Nothing on pravda yet so it's still unofficial.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Wenger: 'I don't have a lot to say about Podolski. If we sign a player we will inform you' - http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... nce-digest

T.S

Post by T.S »

Seeing as the transfer window is closed, there is 0% chance you'll see this confirmed because, as far as I'm aware, there is no way to totally complete a transfer outside of the window. You can agree a fee, you can agree terms with the player, but you cannot complete. Now, given that Arsenal never announce anything until it's completely done, I get the feeling you'll just have to wait until the summer.

Oh, and I think RvP is staying. :barscarf:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

podolski, rvp, ox front 3 next season