THE FORUM AS IT IS NOW

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
frankbutcher

Re: THE FORUM AS IT IS NOW

Post by frankbutcher »

This place is fu***ing s**t. Close it down. The Mods (clique) have ruined it. Great site and you f****ed it up!

:lol:

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

frankbutcher wrote:This place is f***ing s**t. Close it down. The Mods (clique) have ruined it. Great site and you f***ed it up!

Too many toe punts :lol:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Number 5 wrote:Get a wife first brother, then you can celebrate the occasion with the rest of us. :wink:
:shock: :lol:

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

Have to say i spend more time as a troll now on other teams forums. Glory glory Spurs is great now for a meltdown in confidence.

This site though seems to have lost something ??? early days i guess.

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

jamjc64 wrote:Have to say i spend more time as a troll now on other teams forums. Glory glory Spurs is great now for a meltdown in confidence.

All we see is the Mods denying it's lost its mojo. It's like Wenger... in denial about where the Club is going after all the years of success. The Mods doth protest too much IMO. :rubchin: (might be trying to protect their own position)

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

it's all a clique frank, from top to bottom. It's real people like us using our wits and iniative that will uncover the whole fucking lot of them for what they are, we will set the truth free 8)

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

frankbutcher wrote:
jamjc64 wrote:Have to say i spend more time as a troll now on other teams forums. Glory glory Spurs is great now for a meltdown in confidence.

All we see is the Mods denying it's lost its mojo. It's like Wenger... in denial about where the Club is going after all the years of success. The Mods doth protest too much IMO. :rubchin: (might be trying to protect their own position)

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

flash gunner wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

I'm probably not qualified to say this since I very rarely post myself but every time I log on the place seems dead. Before the closure there were far more posts and I used to stay on here for while once I'd logged on as there seemed to be new posts every minute. Now i have a quick glance now and again then get back to work as not much seems to be happening. There's the odd post now and again that almost reaches the level of the old days, but the forum is now too much like the Emirates. Soulless with no "atmosphere".

augie

Post by augie »

Leyton Gooner wrote:I'm probably not qualified to say this since I very rarely post myself but every time I log on the place seems dead. Before the closure there were far more posts and I used to stay on here for while once I'd logged on as there seemed to be new posts every minute. Now i have a quick glance now and again then get back to work as not much seems to be happening. There's the odd post now and again that almost reaches the level of the old days, but the forum is now too much like the Emirates. Soulless with no "atmosphere".

Totally agree with that part - I know we havent a game until wed but I have been on here loads of times since it has re-opened and there rarely seems to be many people on at the one time or any real debates going on :( Maybe it is just a case of us giving it time and making the place busy again ?

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

augie wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:I'm probably not qualified to say this since I very rarely post myself but every time I log on the place seems dead. Before the closure there were far more posts and I used to stay on here for while once I'd logged on as there seemed to be new posts every minute. Now i have a quick glance now and again then get back to work as not much seems to be happening. There's the odd post now and again that almost reaches the level of the old days, but the forum is now too much like the Emirates. Soulless with no "atmosphere".

Totally agree with that part - I know we havent a game until wed but I have been on here loads of times since it has re-opened and there rarely seems to be many people on at the one time or any real debates going on :( Maybe it is just a case of us giving it time and making the place busy again ?
The team's winning, so you usually see fewer posts because people are more content.

The forum was closed for a month, and over that stretch it became less a part of people's routines. Just give it some time. In the meantime the mod team and ownership will be doing all they can to improve the forum and encourage activity.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

frankbutcher wrote:The vibe of the OG is back. I can just feel it in the last 24 hours. As the droves return, let the fun times roll again.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

2 days later
frankbutcher wrote:All we see is the Mods denying it's lost its mojo. It's like Wenger... in denial about where the Club is going after all the years of success. The Mods doth protest too much IMO. :rubchin: (might be trying to protect their own position)
Make your youre mind up Frankie :roll: :lol: Just agreeing with whoever is posting at the time doesnt get you entry into the clique :-P

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

The place has definitely changed for the worse, I can see it descending into just another football forum. There doesn't seem to be any real extremes of opinion anymore. I could understand if it was just a lack of anti-wenger posts, that could be attributed to the recent "mini revival", but even the diehard akbs seem to have lost interest in the place. :cry:

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

Am I allowed back on yet??
:D

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:Totally agree with that part - I know we havent a game until wed but I have been on here loads of times since it has re-opened and there rarely seems to be many people on at the one time or any real debates going on :( Maybe it is just a case of us giving it time and making the place busy again ?
Exactly. It's a bit like a ghost town at the moment, but it's only been open a week and a bit, so it needs more time.

I don't see why it needs to change all that much from the old forum - hell, even Barry's GIF thread is back in action ( :barscarf: ) after M-50's worrying deletion of 2 pages worth of tits :? - now he's calmed down (or bizarrely stepped down after 2 or so days in the hot seat? :? ), I think some people's concerns about over modding, in line with Mikes overly strict rules, have eased a little.

As for swearing - we can all carry on swearing to our hearts content... only difference being, it'll be automatically asterixed out :lol: although, I think it should be c**t instead of *word censored*, and f**k instead of fuck as I doubt even Mike's "family friendly" concept would be derailed by that, surely? - seems like a compromise at the very least? :?