McDowell its over dude...no more - Hallelujah

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: McDowell's mainly made up Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

Daily Mail - Arsenal: Arsenal line-up Victor Wanyama as replacement for Barcelona http://ffd.me/Ouhek8 #arsenal #afc

Guardian: Cazorla has successful medical at #AFC. Announcement tomorrow. he'll travel with squad and play vs FC Koln - http://bit.ly/QypK4F

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

If Carzola has signed, I wonder if RvP is having second thoughts ?

richpye

Post by richpye »

clockender1 wrote:If Carzola has signed, I wonder if RvP is having second thoughts ?
RvP has shown to be only in it for the money. We match the best offer on the table, he signs. Nothing more or less.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

exactly the same as Rooney his 'ambition' is to double his wages

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Maybe it was all a ploy by wenger and rvp to get the board to cough up funds :rubchin:

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

hasn't worked yet, we havent signed anyone since that statement
if we just buy Cazorla its made little to no diff...

I still think Song can be a good player for us and that Frimpong + Le Coq are good understudies
but if, like lots do, I wanted Arsenal to sign a defensive midfielder
I'd be hoping for Toulalan, we know Malaga are skint and have to sell, we could do a double deal, he's French and rocksolid

Post by 1989 »

mcdowell42 wrote:Maybe it was all a ploy by wenger and rvp to get the board to cough up funds :rubchin:
I have a sneaky feeling RVP's been doing all this to force the board's hands and get them spending...if so the guy is a hero as far as I'm concerned. Let's wait and see.

Post by 1989 »

clockender1 wrote:If Carzola has signed, I wonder if RvP is having second thoughts ?
What about if CaZORla has signed? :roll:

;)

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

1989 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:Maybe it was all a ploy by wenger and rvp to get the board to cough up funds :rubchin:
I have a sneaky feeling RVP's been doing all this to force the board's hands and get them spending...if so the guy is a hero as far as I'm concerned. Let's wait and see.
you are the king of wishful thinking mate :(

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
1989 wrote:
you are the king of wishful thinking mate :(

Good title for a song! :wink: ....I think we all have to be that with wenker in charge for the foreseeable future ! :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: We Still Need a Decent Goalie so when Shez gets hurt we don't have to suffer all the heart attack moments of flappyanski, also to challenge shez and keep him on his toes.Jack Butland lokos a very good prospect.....AND a Proper LB...the equivalent of another Sagna would be nice..... :rubchin:

piresistible

Post by piresistible »

1989 wrote:
If this was all a ploy and to force arsenal to spend then he shoud sign simple as that. But if he's in it for the money then he'll sod off to citeh.

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

Would look slightly ridiculous if we sign 3 top players and RVP pisses off citing 'lack of ambition'

piresistible

Post by piresistible »

rigsby wrote:Would look slightly ridiculous if we sign 3 top players and RVP pisses off citing 'lack of ambition'
Exactly my point.

The situation with wallnut is different. It'll be interesting to see if he sins..he'll have to compete with the Ox and now Santi (who i know can play anywhere across the middle) and if that wallnut is demanding a peenny more on his contract he should be booted out.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

http://www.theweek.co.uk/football/premi ... lly-leaves

Don't know if it's already been posted but just stumbled across this link claiming that Barcelona are eyeing up Song :rubchin: