McDowell its over dude...no more - Hallelujah

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunnerz4life

Re: I Just Hope This Is True (Some Sense At Last!)

Post by Gunnerz4life »

If it makes perfect sense, it is least likely to happen at Arsenal FC.

k1tsun3

Post by k1tsun3 »

I hope so, but I'll only believe when I see it. There are quite a few players that need to be cleared out.

SCREAM AIM FIRE

Post by SCREAM AIM FIRE »

Great news about the clear out if true...but WTF is the deal with giving ox a new contract? how many times have we seen a player come in have a good season, get a pay rise then disappear into obscurity or have a season long career ruining injury? He should have to prove himself next season too before he gets a new contract.

the moog

Post by the moog »

i don't believe a word of it until i see it.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

We heard this shit last season and indeed Wenger tried to offload alot of them, the problem is they are all shite and on good money. Thus they don't want to go and no f**ker wants them, eg Almunia, Denilson, Bendtner, Squillachi and now Arshavin, the only one he actually got rid of was Eboue (probably the most useful of those mentioned) oh yeah and I forgot to other blokes called Fabreagas and Nasri :roll:

augie

Re: Rumours

Post by augie »

STLgooner89 wrote:I think vertonghen could be a possibility but it's hard to believe since we gave Djourou a new contract. I hope we do though, it's scary thinking that Djourou is only 2 injuries away from playing time. Selling Squillaci and Djourou would be the favorable situation, then promoting Bartley is squid's current place.

Don't see M'vila happening either since Diaby isn't going anywhere and we have Coquelin who is obviously capable.

We need a direct playmaker in his prime. Rosicky is older while Wilshere and Ramsey are both young still. I'd say that Gourcuff would make sense but he's had a terrible injury laden season so far. I guess that would certainly make him cheaper though and our medical team would have him cured as soon as they got their hands on him :lol:

Also, what about those Del Piero stories? I don't thing it would be terrible to get him on a free. Someone who knows he's on the bench except for a few cup games but also a guy who could nab some goals.

Podolski, Del Piero, Gourcuff, and Vertonghen?

Like you said, I aint opposing the potential signing of the belgian but I am very sceptical of the chances of it happening. If I am honest I would sell frimpong along with djouru and diaby (along with a few others of course) but by the same token I honestly cannot see any of them leaving in the summer so why would he buy him ?
Gourcuff is a good shout imo but of course it wont happen but personally I wouldnt take del piero even if he offered us money to come

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

why are people going on about buying players when what we really need to do is hang on to our best ones and sell the worst ones.

get Podoloski and Vertongen in ok but after that I dont think we need anybody

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Red Member wrote:why are people going on about buying players when what we really need to do is hang on to our best ones and sell the worst ones.

get Podoloski and Vertongen in ok but after that I dont think we need anybody
...and once Denilson and Arshavin are back, we'll be even stronger won't we mate ? :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

And not a single mention of the great Abou from either Wenger or you Sid. Well done sir !

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

Arshavin got a bit lazy so I am pleased he got sent back to Russia.

Denilson if he has become a better player in Brazil then it would be fantastic to see him back.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Red Member wrote:Arshavin got a bit lazy so I am pleased he got sent back to Russia.

Denilson if he has become a better player in Brazil then it would be fantastic to see him back.
Red, you're going to have stop this mate. I've got to have my serious face on at my desk today, and I'm already pissing myself.

Its a shame you're backing down over Chesney now though......we only need the bring back Almunia quote for the hat-trick today :D

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:And not a single mention of the great Abou from either Wenger or you Sid. Well done sir !

I think he falls into the "no f**ker wants him" category steve o :lol: :lol: :lol:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

SteveO 35 wrote:And not a single mention of the great Abou from either Wenger or you Sid. Well done sir !
Exactly, I have only listed those Wenger has actually tried to offload, I could add at least another 4 or 5 who should be on that list, would Abou be on it? Well what do you think? :wink:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Ab-who?? :oops:

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

I have looked into the Denilson situation and it is bad news unfortunately

http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/29516_ ... _stay.html

appears to be turning into a great player anyway. hopefully he will get back into the Brazilian side in time for the World Cup