Spurs have been helpful

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Red Member

Spurs have been helpful

Post by Red Member »

with no trophies to aim for at the end of February I really think that we have Spurs to thank for our recent good run.
they set a good pace earlier this season and it has given the team something to aim for. 4th place has been considered not good enough, there is the determination to get 3rd and therefore to finish above Spurs.

After Spurs got a good point on Saturday I do still think it will be tough to finish 3rd although I would like to see it. this run has put us in with a good chance but we now need another similar style run to finish above them

Gunnerz4life

Re: Spurs have been helpful

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Red Member wrote:with no trophies to aim for at the end of February I really think that we have Spurs to thank for our recent good run.
they set a good pace earlier this season and it has given the team something to aim for. 4th place has been considered not good enough, there is the determination to get 3rd and therefore to finish above Spurs.

After Spurs got a good point on Saturday I do still think it will be tough to finish 3rd although I would like to see it. this run has put us in with a good chance but we now need another similar style run to finish above them
You would LIKE to see it? Anything else should be unacceptable, even if we finish 4th above the Russians.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Red Member wrote:with no trophies to aim for at the end of February I really think that we have Spurs to thank for our recent good run.

If you honestly think any of our current players give a f*ck about the NL rivalry you are deluded, mate. We are basically an employer to them. The days of the proper clubman are long gone. Sad but true. :(

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

If you honestly think any of our current players give a f*ck about the NL rivalry you are deluded, mate. We are basically an employer to them. The days of the proper clubman are long gone. Sad but true. :(
I think that Szczesny, Wilshere, Sagna, Jenko, Frimpong, Vermaelen and RVP genuinely care. Koscielny might. But the rest don't.

dudbux

Post by dudbux »

Gibbs?? AOC has a lot of passion he will care in a few years.

There are also numerous kids coming through who are Arsenal born and bred. Give it 5 years 50% of this team will be English players who hate spurs!!

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

players care about their wages and whether they are playing regularly in the team. Beyond that, there are very few players who ever genuinely care about their club. That's the way it is.

Resident Plastic

Post by Resident Plastic »

SWLGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I think that Szczesny, Wilshere, Sagna, Jenko, Frimpong, Vermaelen and RVP genuinely care. Koscielny might. But the rest don't.
Judging by his twitter comments, Wilshere cares more about Chelsea and West Ham than Arsenal

the moog

Post by the moog »

what a bizzare post. why would any Gooner want to thank that shower for our recent run?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

the moog wrote:

what a bizzare post. why would any Gooner want to thank that shower for our recent run?
You think this thread is bizarre you should see some of his earlier work. :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
the moog wrote:

As I keep telling those that missed it - nip into the Basement (or whatever its new name is). You might still even be able to vote for your favourite

The "irrelevant 8-2" is in the lead by some distance.... :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
the moog wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: