Poll - Arsenals worst player this season?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Arsenals worst player 2011/12?

Mertesacker
6%
Gibbs
No votes
Djourou
15%
Santos
No votes
Ramsey
14%
Song
3%
Gervinho
19%
Walcott
No votes
Arshavin
43%

Total votes: 72

armchair

Poll - Arsenals worst player this season?

Post by armchair »

I know the season isn't over but I wonder who you'd vote for as Arsenals worst player this season.

Please post why you feel your chosen player is worthy of the title - "Arsenals worst player 2011/12"

RioGooner

Re: Poll - Arsenals worst player this season?

Post by RioGooner »

has to be tha fat lazy russian for me, he's the club top earner and can't bother to stay fit. Complete mug.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

both mert and ramsey have been dissapointing this season , arshavin on the other hand I expected to be

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

The easy vote is for Arshavin but he hasnt really got a look in and when he has seemed very disinterested and out of shape but considering how much game time he has got and how very little he has given it has to be Gervinho for me. He looks awful and as much composure in front of goal as a blind lesbian in a fishmongers (copyright - its up 4 grabs now :wink: )

There are many on that list that could be voted for but when you consider this formula

game time + how little impact they have made = Gervinho for me :(

Id like to vote for Song but he is average and will never be any better than that unfortunately this vote is for worst player not the most average player

armchair

Post by armchair »

I voted for Arshavin.
I dont think I have ever actually hated an Arsenal player until Arshavin. I've felt like this for a couple of seasons now.
I know hes fat. I know hes lazy. I know he doesn't give 100%.
But I dont know why people actually think hes really talented. I think hes proper s-hit. Ahd I dont care what position hes played. Hes stiill proper s-hit!

armchair

Post by armchair »

flash gunner wrote:The easy vote is for Arshavin but he hasnt really got a look in and when he has seemed very disinterested and out of shape but considering how much game time he has got and how very little he has given it has to be Gervinho for me. He looks awful and as much composure in front of goal as a blind lesbian in a fishmongers (copyright - its up 4 grabs now :wink: )

There are many on that list that could be voted for but when you consider this formula

game time + how little impact they have made = Gervinho for me :(

Id like to vote for Song but he is average and will never be any better than that unfortunately this vote is for worst player not the most average player
Good post flash - I'd vote for the forehead if I didn't hate Arshavin so much. :oops:

augie

Post by augie »

I agree with flash - I voted for the forehead on the basis of his total lack of intelligence and composure on the pitch. I know in ways it is an inflated market but for the money he cost I would have expected more - hell I would have expected more from a player costing half that amount :roll: Normally I like to give players new to this league a season to get used to the pace and physicality but all the time in the world will not put intelligence into that odd looking head

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Gervinho has been dire all season as well as having a starting place.

I would of voted Arshavin but he hasn't featured too much to be considered.

Gervinho was bought at a high price and has failed majorly.

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

I know who Yankee is going to vote for.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

has to be Arshavin, I never like to see a player who wants to come off - and the quickest i saw him move in one game was when he was being subbed

but he did set up a great cross for TH14 against Sunderland, but that was it - will defo go in the summer

Resident Plastic

Post by Resident Plastic »

How have 4 people voted for Gervinho? Prior to the ACON he was one of the best performing players, he was creating a lot of chances for RVP and scoring a few too. Can anyone honestly say that Walcott has had a better season than him?

armchair

Post by armchair »

Resident Plastic wrote:How have 4 people voted for Gervinho?
Cause he never has the ball under control, cant beat a man and put in a cross, couldn't hit a donkeys arse with a banjo, has a stupid haircut and a f-uckin ginormous head.
Hes pretty much as poor as Arseshavin and you gotta be goin some to be as poor as that!

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

armchair supporter wrote:I voted for Arshavin.
I dont think I have ever actually hated an Arsenal player until Arshavin. I've felt like this for a couple of seasons now.
I know hes fat. I know hes lazy. I know he doesn't give 100%.
But I dont know why people actually think hes really talented. I think hes proper s-hit. Ahd I dont care what position hes played. Hes stiill proper s-hit!
You sir, have just read my mind, i simply could not agree more.

In my view the only reason i've ever disliked andrey more than any arsenal player I can remember was because everybody else defended his terrible performances.

I know a gooner who still denies he is fat, what a joke!

Post by 1989 »

Arshavin by a distance. Absolute joke of a professional.

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

This is surprisingly difficult compared to previous seasons. We haven't had anywhere near as many standout useless twats as last year or the one before now that they're generally either out on loan or perma-benched. Of those who've played regularly no-ones reached the never-ending lows the likes of Squillaci/Denilson/Bigbollox sunk to week-in week-out.

Guess I'd go for Djourou, just ahead of Headdie McGoldrick. Djourou was not far off being nearly half-decent(ish) for a fair bit of last season but utter shite this one - even allowing for playing at right-back. His non-challenge for the 1st goal at old Trafford & his role in the Fulham defeat alone make his new contract all the more unbelievable.

Gervinho might be the only player who literally has "that extra yard inside his head" they used to say Sheringc*nt had, yet is still brain-dead. But sometimes he's so bad I start to think he must actually be quite good. :?