City match thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rosicky's Right Boot

Re: City match thread

Post by Rosicky's Right Boot »

Elated to be wrong about this match and its outcome.

:barscarf:

MM99

Post by MM99 »

Chippy wrote:
I think most gooners would have started the Ox today, and almost none would have brought on Ramsey.
I can see why starting the Ox would most gooners' choice, but i reckon it's slightly early for him to be starting in games such as todays. Benayoun brings that added experience, control and ease of tempo that the Ox doesn't quite have due to his age and experience.

I wouldn't have brought on Ramsey either, but with theo not really providing and needing to be replaced by OC, Benayoun was also tiring and needed to be replaced. Ramsey was the obvious choice ahead of the other subs so i can see why it was made. Still he really needs to work on his finishing and decision making in the final third. That chance he had was a disgrace and he really should have set up RVP or at least hit the taarget.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

MM99 wrote:
Chippy wrote:
I think most gooners would have started the Ox today, and almost none would have brought on Ramsey.
I can see why starting the Ox would most gooners' choice, but i reckon it's slightly early for him to be starting in games such as todays. Benayoun brings that added experience, control and ease of tempo that the Ox doesn't quite have due to his age and experience.

I wouldn't have brought on Ramsey either, but with theo not really providing and needing to be replaced by OC, Benayoun was also tiring and needed to be replaced. Ramsey was the obvious choice ahead of the other subs so i can see why it was made. Still he really needs to work on his finishing and decision making in the final third. That chance he had was a disgrace and he really should have set up RVP or at least hit the taarget.
So you agree then, it was not spot on.

Post by 1989 »

Fantastic win

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

So you agree then, it was not spot on
:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice one.

Nothing can explain why Wenger keeps playing Rambo when he's in the worst form of his career. Sometimes I think Wenger forgets it's his job to win things, not just further players careers!! :roll:

MM99

Post by MM99 »

Chippy wrote:
MM99 wrote:
Chippy wrote:

So you agree then, it was not spot on.
It was as we ended up winning the game with an assured performance. Now if Benayoun had ended up being roasted down his wing and we had conceded goals due to that Wenger would have got it wrong. Or if OC had started and the same happened then Wenger again would have got it wrong. But we won the game with a very large amount of possession, seemed to have got our tactics right and were overall the better team so no qualms with the team selection from me.

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

Rosicky outstanding again, any1 got a good pic of all our lot doin Poznan they can post up, that was a rate laugh today and there away fans up there with 1 of worst I have seen

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Maybe just maybe Wenger is beginning to realise Gervinho is this years Chamakh.We can live in hope

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Great performance, great win & a beaut of a goal. Really thought it would be one of those days where we produce an excellent performance & don't get the win but it all came good in the end.

City reinforce their reputation for having one of the quietest travelling supports in the league. Block 6 and seemingly the rest of the ground, was rocking though.

:barscarf:

Resident Plastic

Post by Resident Plastic »

donaldo wrote:Maybe just maybe Wenger is beginning to realise Gervinho is this years Chamakh.We can live in hope
he's not that bad, Walcott is worse :banghead: :banghead:

The city fans were absolute shite. I heard maybe one chant from their end the entire game. I guess that's what you expect when you've got a bunch of plastic glory hunters for fans.

Nice to see Na$ri wont be getting a trophy this season either :barscarf:

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

I thought Gervinho had an ankle prob?
heard many here, and elsewhere, criticise Wenger for stubborness

if you think Gerv is rubbish, and Wenger has fully dropped him, then its a bad signing
but brave management...

(my guess is he just wasn't at 100%)

great game today, I had a fiver on Yossi to score first @20s...
could/should have been even better!
Sagna, Kos, Rosicky + Tets all immense
Last edited by highburyJD on Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SCREAM AIM FIRE

Post by SCREAM AIM FIRE »

Anyone catch watch joe hart said when balotelli got sent off? I swear he said "Stupid black c***"
Watched it a few times, seems like thats what he said, if JT can get done for camera evidence of racism surely hart should too?

chyren1

Post by chyren1 »

SCREAM AIM FIRE wrote:Anyone catch watch joe hart said when balotelli got sent off? I swear he said "Stupid black c***"
Watched it a few times, seems like thats what he said, if JT can get done for camera evidence of racism surely hart should too?
Fo real?? :shock:

SCREAM AIM FIRE

Post by SCREAM AIM FIRE »

chyren1 wrote:
SCREAM AIM FIRE wrote:Anyone catch watch joe hart said when balotelli got sent off? I swear he said "Stupid black c***"
Fo real?? :shock:

I recorded it on my phone, will upload it in a sec, quite hard to see cause I recorded it like a complete nob! lol.

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

Just got back....atmosphere as good as I can remember. Really rocking - seemed like the whole ground was doing the posnan. What a fantastic piss take!! Haven't yet seen the first Balotelli yellow card replay....have heard it should/could have been straight red? Awful away support, Nasri got the welcome he deserved....what a great great afternoon!

:barscarf: :D :barscarf: