City match thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chippy

City match thread

Post by Chippy »

After today's results the only thing I think we can fairly safely predict is there will a few goals. Other than that....

Bunting14

Re: City match thread

Post by Bunting14 »

Ah the Battle of the Bottlers....

nexum5me

Post by nexum5me »

we'll lose.
i think i'll treat this like the man utd game and pretend we just aren't playing that day, far less painful.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

nexum5me wrote:we'll lose.
i think i'll treat this like the man utd game and pretend we just aren't playing that day, far less painful.
Nah. I'm not the most optimistic of supporters (that's why I'm on here) but even I don't think we'll lose this one. We're usually alright at the bowl and they're hardly in the best of form themselves. A draw is probably the most likely result. I'll say 2-2.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

i am more confident we will get a result against them, than Chelsea

City's away form of late, is poor and i can see if UTD beat Blackburn, City players will lose heart - getting a bit worried about Chelsea, wish AVB was still in charge :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

ive a bad feeling about this game

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

mcdowell42 wrote:ive a bad feeling about this game
:rubchin: where have i heard that before :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I was right about the game today :wink:

armchair

Post by armchair »

Now all we need is for flash to post.........
"We will win and all will be rosy in the Wenger garden " and this thread can officially start..........

manninger

Post by manninger »

After to day Citeh will have problems in their squad. Same old song with Balotelli and Mancini getting nowhere nearer his be XL.

We have to take advantage of it. Hopefully we will see Spud lose to inform Sunderland, and Bendtne could do us a favour, to score some goals and find another club next season.

The game will show us us if we have the moral to come back. Last season we won over the other club from manchester ans after that, it was our last victory of the season.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Draw.

The game's too important for Citeh to lose, and Arsenal's fragile confidence means 1 defeat could return us to our timid former self.

Then again, it's our away form that has been poor all season, and our home form that has been good recently, so lets hope it continues until the end of the season - champions league football maybe well depend on it!

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

There's only one Arsene Wenger :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Think the COQ thread was a bit premature, maybe like the authors private life. Oh the game 0-0 :o

Rosicky's Right Boot

Post by Rosicky's Right Boot »

We can't afford to lose this game, to be in a position where Chelsea could overtake us if they beat us at the Emirates is unthinkable because it would happen...

That said I'm not confident at all. Typical Arsenal though.

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

I have no idea why confidence is not high in our ability to beat City, after all we only lost our last game 2-1

To f***ing QPR :banghead:

ElliotGooner

Post by ElliotGooner »

We have a shocking record against City recently I would take a scrappy draw now and hope the scum loose to Sunderland but as the following record shows goals are hard to come by against them!

Man City 1 - 0 Arsenal (PL)
Arsenal 0 - 1 Man City (CC)
Arsenal 0 - 0 Man City (PL)
Man City 0 - Arsenal 3 (against 10 men for 80mins) (PL)
Arsenal 0 - 0 Man City (PL)
Man City 3 - 0 Arsenal (CC)
Man City 4 - 2 Arsenal (PL)

What a shocking record 1 win in last 7 in all comps and only scored in 2 out of 7 against them. Prediction 0-0.