2000 Luton fans in little Braintree

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Lee1

2000 Luton fans in little Braintree

Post by Lee1 »

Luton apparently sold out allocation of 2000 according to the local paper,mounted police, crowd segregation at the game on Saturday and 1 mile parking zone restrictions!...and no pay on the day! Going along and will be a real compare and contrast experience to my Emirates trip on Sunday...think the two little burger vans might be busy!!

swimmer1

Re: 2000 Luton fans in little Braintree

Post by swimmer1 »

Been a few games with Luton over the last few years they like a bit of aggro they are like the non league victims feel the world is all against them.

Saying that they have been harshly treated

Macca

Post by Macca »

Old mate of mine is a Luton fan and has told me loads of stories of their frolics, good fan base, hate Watford with a passion. Why the f*ck did Winterburn take that penalty. I remember being upper tier at Wembley for that game and the tier floor bouncing until the last few minutes, then outside after Luton & Arsenal chasing after each other .
I was only young.... :shock:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Lee1 wrote:Luton apparently sold out allocation of 2000 according to the local paper,mounted police, crowd segregation at the game on Saturday and 1 mile parking zone restrictions!...and no pay on the day! Going along and will be a real compare and contrast experience to my Emirates trip on Sunday...think the two little burger vans might be busy!!
Ive been to a few games at Cressing Rd this season and really enjoyed it im missing the luton game due to it being easter but its going to be a big game for the club. The only thing is surely Luton havent got an allocation of 2000? Even with the ground improvments it only hold 4000ish so they have half?

Have a good one mate come on you Iron :barscarf: Ben Wright to get the winner 8)

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

Flash - yep 2000 allocation sold out.In the Braintree & Witham times so must be true! Be interesting to see how they cope(or not!) with logistics of a crowd that i guess will be 3000 plus.
:barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Lee1 wrote:Flash - yep 2000 allocation sold out.In the Braintree & Witham times so must be true! Be interesting to see how they cope(or not!) with logistics of a crowd that i guess will be 3000 plus.
Yeah will be interesting. The new away end is offically open now hasnt got a roof so lets hope it rains :) i hate Luton after 1988 League Cup :evil:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

flash gunner wrote:
Lee1 wrote:Flash - yep 2000 allocation sold out.In the Braintree & Witham times so must be true! Be interesting to see how they cope(or not!) with logistics of a crowd that i guess will be 3000 plus.
Yeah will be interesting. The new away end is offically open now hasnt got a roof so lets hope it rains :) i hate Luton after 1988 League Cup :evil:
Such a horrible feeling coming out of Wembley that day although it was brightened up on the way to the tube. So many of the Luton fans wore boaters and one of our fans removed one from one of their fans and punched a hole in it Marvellous :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

flash gunner wrote:

Ruined my birthday and my first cup final I attended, still haven't forgiven them and see it as justice that thet dropped out of the league, that fate should await every club that has the temerity to beat us in cup finals.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Braintree won! Riots in the streets?
On the BBC final score, Braintree is shortened to BRA (snigger like a schoolboy :-P ).

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

capacity is 6,000 now all the work has been done

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Didnt hear of any riots but didnt go to the game. what was it like Lee?

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

Flash-really enjoyed it. No great quality but irons definately deserved to win. Decent little atmosphere ...biggish crowd (by Braintree standards!) but not as big as I thought it would be (don't think anywhere near 2000 luton fans despite what paper had reported earlier in week). Club seemed to cope ok with the volume and all seemed to pass off without incident as far as i could see.

cdparky

Post by cdparky »

Luton - bankrupt 3 times in 10 years yet their fans think they were harshly dealt with by the FA. My local team (Aldershot) went bankrupt, didn't have the administration get out of jail nearly free card to play and had to start again at the bottom of the non-league. Hope they stay in the Conference or lower for years to come.

JMascis666

Post by JMascis666 »

The attendance according to the paper was 1,707 so I assume 2,000 didn't turn up!

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

cdparky wrote:Luton - bankrupt 3 times in 10 years yet their fans think they were harshly dealt with by the FA. My local team (Aldershot) went bankrupt, didn't have the administration get out of jail nearly free card to play and had to start again at the bottom of the non-league. Hope they stay in the Conference or lower for years to come.

the fuckers banned all away fans by introducing a home membership only, brought in shit plastic pitches and their fans turned up at Wembley wearing stupid boaters. Deserved to be in non league, hope they stay there.