Football chants you hate

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Dan_85

Re: Football chants you hate

Post by Dan_85 »

"Jermaine Defoe... Yiddo"

Gotta be the worst, most unimaginative chant ever for a player. Coupled with the awful "Bale, Bale, Bale" :lol: Do those wankers actually have any decent player songs?

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Racist chants.

SkaGooner

Post by SkaGooner »

the worst one is when the swamp dwellers sing no one likes us and change the words to from the lane!! its Millwalls anthem end of :banghead:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

"Super Franky lampard" :puke:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

That spend spend b***ocks the chavs sing. Sums up what's wrong with modern football and shows how classless they are. Not got them very far this season has it?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I must admit hearing the Fulham fans now singing about Dempsey to the tune of "...he scores when he wants" makes me remember the sad old 1986 days of every fucking team in the League singing "Here we go" when they scored.

Boring boring boring - please stop it now

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

I don't like racist chants, or anything that has to do with the holocaust....it just don't make sense to me :banghead:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Leyton Gooner wrote:Anything these days as all clubs seem to copy the same chants. One that especially irritates me is "And it's (insert team name) (Team name) FC. We're by far the greatest team etc etc". I refuse to sing that one as we're clearly not. And it gets sung at least four or five times a game. Sounds even worse when a crap team like wigan sing it as well

This is the worst as it sems to be the only song sung at the Emirates. Sung many times each game as its the only one most of the daytrippers know

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Who are ya

:evil: :evil: :evil:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Dan_85 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
spinney12 wrote:Not so much the chants and songs it's the music some clubs play after a goal realllllly gets on my wick
When we started all that shouting out the players surnames before the game bollocks, we were just one step away from that pathetic League One style shit of playing Pigbag after a goal is scored

Thankfully the Black Scarf boys got that shite abandoned
I did wonder how long it would be before we got goal celebration music tbh. If it ever happens that'll be that last straw for me, with regards to going to matches at AG.

The shouting back of the names (and tbh the PA guy in general, still) is so cringeworthy & embarassing.

Yeah, the bloke on the PA comes across as a right knob. He's got no idea how to get the crowd going

Herd

Post by Herd »

BLANK BLANK TILL I DIE !

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

I hate the "where'd you park your minibus?" type chants. Some clubs bring very few fans up (particularly up to our bit since its not the easiest for most people in the country to reach and not the most alluring of fixtures, I assume you normally get respectable away followings at Arsenal like) but I think it is a bit arrogant to slag them off for it. Firstly, clubs that are in the PL and are punching above their weight like Wigan deserve praise for it, not people mocking them but also its daft to turn around to the few who have made the effort and start signing shite like that, they've done their bit, not their fault if others in the town dont bother. Also its sometimes used at totally inappropriate times- not long ago we had Plymouth on a Tuesday night in the championship and they brought around 600 or so which considering the journey involved was hugely impressive, and they got the shite about minibuses.

Other than that I just get pissed off with the "fashionable" chants. Fair enough there are some chants which most clubs have (by far the greatest team etc) but I hate when you get a song like Sloop John B and suddenly every club starts singing it. That one and Just Can't Get Enough (or whatever its actually called) are shit in the extreme.

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

"You're support is fucking shit"

"Shall we sing a song for you?"

Normally, both are followed by an oppostion goal, but we still haven't learned our lesson.

Also, the relativerly new phenomanon of '"Who are ya?" being sung at Emirates after we score. No idea how or why that has taken off.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

TheCook wrote:"You're support is fucking shit"

"Shall we sing a song for you?"

Normally, both are followed by an oppostion goal, but we still haven't learned our lesson.

Also, the relativerly new phenomanon of '"Who are ya?" being sung at Emirates after we score. No idea how or why that has taken off.
get on to it mate!

:barscarf:

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

Robin Van-persie....... x3

Probably the worst Arsenal chant ever, just repeating the name out loud, three times. Shockingly unimaginative.

On a side I know its not a chant as such, but I cant stand it when a opposition sub is coming on at the bowl and everyone shouts out "who"?

I find it a bit disrespectful, and I’m sure it G's up the player to bang one in. Makes us look like ignorant fans too, for eg when Pizarro came on for toure at the weekend and the obligatory “who” was shouted round the stadium. Yeah hes not a household name but he still won the Serie A and Coppa italia with Inter, and is currently a Roma 1st teamer on loan at city, you ignoramuses