Football chants you hate

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Dan_85

Football chants you hate

Post by Dan_85 »

"*Insert shit northern manager's name here*'s barmy army!"

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Red Snapper

Re: Football chants you hate

Post by Red Snapper »

That stupid slow version of the Southampton song that the **** think is brilliant.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Didn't realise we couldn't use even that word now :roll: I meant spuds obv.

Chips and Chocolate

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

Who are ya?
Your support is fuckin' shit

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

"Stand up if you hate Tottnum" gets really tiresome after the first one. I don't hate them, I nothing them. I'm not wasting an entire emotion on that bunch of onanists.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Anything these days as all clubs seem to copy the same chants. One that especially irritates me is "And it's (insert team name) (Team name) FC. We're by far the greatest team etc etc". I refuse to sing that one as we're clearly not. And it gets sung at least four or five times a game. Sounds even worse when a crap team like wigan sing it as well

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Why Dan, its got to be any of the songs on the Little Club Charter mate !

The most pathetic juvenile one of the lot without doubt though is "Same old Arsenal, always cheating" - any grown man who has sung that needs to take a long hard look at himself. Sounds so fucking crass its unbelievable - the sort of chant I'd expect in a playground kickabout between 8 year olds. "You're a cheater, nah nah nah nah nah". Just pathetic

Honourable mentions to "yer gonna win fock all" (when you're own team is being trounced). A few years ago when the likes of Wolves and Burnley would sing "Ing-er-land, Ing-er-land" to us as well - just too sad for words

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Not really a chant as such but i'm throwing that Tom Hark goal celebration music in here. Fucking awful.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

most chants are now poor and basically every club nicks each other songs - the worst 4 at the mo have to be

When the saint's go march in - i've heard at least 4 other clubs singing this
The Worlds Greatest team - every club sings this shite
na, na, na, na - Nasri, Van Der Vaart, etc, etc
He scores when he wants

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

I'm throwing the Stoke fans rendition of "Swing low sweet chariot" into the mix too. About as funny as a red hot poker in the eye.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Dan_85 wrote:I'm throwing the Stoke fans rendition of "Swing low sweet chariot" into the mix too. About as funny as a red hot poker in the eye.
Usually followed by "1-0 to the rugby team" - ho ho ho. How those long evenings in the land of boarded up pubs must just fly by with such humour

nexum5me

Post by nexum5me »

"same old arsenal, always cheating" REALLY fucks me off. especially when it's sang after one of their players has done his best to end the career of one of ours, and the referee has dared to award us a free kick.

of course, the fact that we hate it is exactly why they all sing it

SCREAM AIM FIRE

Post by SCREAM AIM FIRE »

nexum5me wrote:"same old arsenal, always cheating" REALLY fucks me off. especially when it's sang after one of their players has done his best to end the career of one of ours, and the referee has dared to award us a free kick.

Almost exactly what I was going to say... but with: Just after one of their players have dived to win a penalty

spinney12

Post by spinney12 »

Not so much the chants and songs it's the music some clubs play after a goal realllllly gets on my wick

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

spinney12 wrote:Not so much the chants and songs it's the music some clubs play after a goal realllllly gets on my wick
When we started all that shouting out the players surnames before the game bollocks, we were just one step away from that pathetic League One style shit of playing Pigbag after a goal is scored

Thankfully the Black Scarf boys got that shite abandoned