STOKE RFC THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

STOKE RFC THREAD

Post by REB »

this should be a fun game :twisted:

SteveO 35

Re: STOKE RFC THREAD

Post by SteveO 35 »

The most predictable Arsenal defeat of the season. Not a prayer.

We'll be the wingless wonders again, trying to slow pass our way through the middle of their team like a poor man's Barcelona.

2-0 Stoke. We made Cahill look like a man mountain at corners today so god knows what Huth, Shawcross, Crouch and Walters will make of it

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

wenger got to go like for like - play Djourou, Squillachi and Diaby, :D

Rosicky's Right Boot

Post by Rosicky's Right Boot »

Rosie_titters wrote:wenger got to go like for like - play Djourou, Squillachi and Diaby, :D
The stuff of nightmares. My school football team would have been able to overrun those 3.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

SteveO 35 wrote:The most predictable Arsenal defeat of the season. Not a prayer.

We'll be the wingless wonders again, trying to slow pass our way through the middle of their team like a poor man's Barcelona.

2-0 Stoke. We made Cahill look like a man mountain at corners today so god knows what Huth, Shawcross, Crouch and Walters will make of it
I can just see it now :banghead:

Still, we cant possibly put in a worse performance there then we did last season. That has to go down as one of the worst Arsenal performances of recent years and there is some competition on that front.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

So we know that Arteta and Walcott are out for the season now, we know that Maryanne and SQP won't play another minute this season, Wilshere is also out and no doubt after an average performance by the Ox, the GIC will be banging on about 'nurturing him' and 'burnout' (after 15 games :banghead: )

So the team at the Britannia

Ches, Sagna, Kos, TV5, Gibbs, Song, Ramsey, Rosicky, Benayoun, Gervinho, RvP

That midfield hardly inspires does it. I think I'll watch the game on x4 speed so that it actually looks like we're not walking all the time

Resident Plastic

Post by Resident Plastic »

SteveO 35 wrote:So we know that Arteta and Walcott are out for the season now, we know that Maryanne and SQP won't play another minute this season, Wilshere is also out and no doubt after an average performance by the Ox, the GIC will be banging on about 'nurturing him' and 'burnout' (after 15 games :banghead: )

So the team at the Britannia

Ches, Sagna, Kos, TV5, Gibbs, Song, Ramsey, Rosicky, Benayoun, Gervinho, RvP

That midfield hardly inspires does it. I think I'll watch the game on x4 speed so that it actually looks like we're not walking all the time
I hope Wenger starts Ox in the middle. Play Gervinho and Benayoun on the wings and stick Ramsey on the bench

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I can hear the Stoke fans already, chanting "BORING BORING BORING" as our 700th pass goes sideways at walking pace across the midfield.

Of course at that stage we will be 2 down from a corner and long throw. Sad to say but we haven't the stomach for the fight necessary to compete away from home to them.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:I can hear the Stoke fans already, chanting "BORING BORING BORING" as our 700th pass goes sideways at walking pace across the midfield.

Of course at that stage we will be 2 down from a corner and long throw. Sad to say but we haven't the stomach for the fight necessary to compete away from home to them.
Just picture a modern day Basil Fawlty wearing some full body length hot water cylinder cladding with arms stretched out wide berating the 4th official, and you have the perfect image of our day out at Stoke

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

A comfortable victory
Stoke are on their summer holidays
This will consolidate 4th place

Norwich will seal 3rd

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Red Member wrote:A comfortable victory
Stoke are on their summer holidays
This will consolidate 4th place

Norwich will seal 3rd
And you reckon I'm going to regret my quote about Barcelona !

Have you ever seen our lightweights at the Britannia. Last season they were on their holidays at the end of the season too and still pissed on us 3-1 with the mother of all fuck ups by the "excellent back up CB that we can not get rid of" Djourou

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

3-1 Stoke. As always.

I'll be there. I'm row 1, keep an eye out for me belting out "One Arsene Wenger" 8)

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Dan_85 wrote:3-1 Stoke. As always.

I'll be there. I'm row 1, keep an eye out for me belting out "One Arsene Wenger" 8)
08-09 stoke 2 arsenal 0
09-10 stoke 1 arsenal 3
10-11 stoke 3 arsenal 1

:evil: :wink:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
08-09 stoke 2 arsenal 0
09-10 stoke 1 arsenal 3
10-11 stoke 3 arsenal 1

Does that mean that to complete the symmetry it will end up:

11-12 stoke 0 Arsenal 2

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

scfc64

Post by scfc64 »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
08-09 stoke 2 arsenal 0
09-10 stoke 1 arsenal 3
10-11 stoke 3 arsenal 1

Does that mean that to complete the symmetry it will end up:

11-12 stoke 0 Arsenal 2

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
It was actually 2-1 in 08-09. Looking forward to it next week,we were pony today and at Wigan a couple of weeks back. Came back well in the next two after the Wigan game though,we'll see. You look ok in third now too.