Do you agree with the ticket prices at the emirates?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jack Stealer

Re: Do you agree with the ticket prices at the emirates?

Post by Jack Stealer »

£87.50 I was quoted for a ticket at home to the chavs. I went to all the category A games last season bar spuds on my Red Membership, this season it looks like I wont be going to any. Last season to sit in the same seat I paid £59 which is extortionate enough but I can just about accept that because I love to watch my team but at that price I can't bring myself to go as much out of principal as the fact I can't afford it. The sad thing is this game and no doubt all category A games will sell out so nothing will change. The fact I'm flying to Montpellier away for half the price of a Chelsea ticket speaks volumes.

:cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

It looks like the club have got their sums right after all

The first big test took place this week - the first category A match v Chelsea
Even with the inflated prices, a lunchtime kick off and live on SKY this match has managed to sell out

I am not quite sure who the mugs are who bought tickets but it just goes to show that the club can pretty much charge what they like and get away with it. Anyway well done to all those fans who continue to buy tickets and show to the board and Wenger that you are happy with the way things are going.

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

Simple Supply and Demand...Arsenal are one of the best supported clubs in the country - particularly away, but we also get massive crowds for Carling Cup, Youth Cup, Ladies....even reserve games get big crowds, particulalry when held at the Emirates.

I still pay it, you still pay it - so you cant really blame a club reliant on income to increase as much as they can.

I agree its priced a lot of people out (me included to a large degree), but thats moden football - sadly.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Went to try for some tickets last night and the last seat in the stadium for Chelsea was at £87.50. Needless to say I left that for someone else.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Happy not to be paying hand over fist ( :oops: ) for the emirates experience. Even for a game like this, which would have been something for me to look forward to over 20 years.

The club will end up getting the kind of crowd which they want, which will have more of a percentage of people who fit the club's ideal model for a fan. Unfortunately, it's not me and it doesn't feel like any great loss.

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

People say its 'modern football' but we seem like the only club who has it this bad. Made even worse by the fact we more often then not bring in more money from transfers then we spend.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

arseofacrow wrote:Happy not to be paying hand over fist ( :oops: ) for the emirates experience. Even for a game like this, which would have been something for me to look forward to over 20 years.

The club will end up getting the kind of crowd which they want, which will have more of a percentage of people who fit the club's ideal model for a fan. Unfortunately, it's not me and it doesn't feel like any great loss.
spot on mate

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

arseofacrow wrote:Happy not to be paying hand over fist ( :oops: ) for the emirates experience. Even for a game like this, which would have been something for me to look forward to over 20 years.

and that kind of crowd makes paying £80 + for a ticket seem even more of a waste of money.

rudytel

Post by rudytel »

Like a 'TIT' I went n bought one for 87 quid upper tier yesterday. As I was filling out the payment page I just knew I was being robbed but let the early season excitement get the better of me.. :oops: :oops:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Spot on mate. I've been to every single home game except one since November 08 but have decided now not to bother with Cat A games. £62 as a minimum is just sick. I am actually lucky to be in a position at the minute where I could afford it but morally it doesn't sit right with me, even more so when I know that my money will simply not be reinvested in the team.

I'd like to think that there would be thousands who will share the same view & we'd see a half empty stadium, sadly we all know it won't happen. As you say, the club will eventually get a stadium full of day trippers who'll spend hundreds in the armoury and sit there clapping politely. On the other hand, I look forward to having a belting time getting drunk watching these games in the boozer for half the price.

Lost_Gooner

Post by Lost_Gooner »

I've gave up on going to games now, I used to got to more or less every home game and a hand full of away games, but I can no longer afford it anymore!
Combined that with I hate the people who run our club it's sad times for the working man supporter in my opinion!