PAT RICE

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Re: PAT RICE

Post by LDB »

Herd wrote:I'L NEVER FORGET THE DAY HE TOLD ME TO FUCK OFF
Boo hoo

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Herd wrote:I'L NEVER FORGET THE DAY HE TOLD ME TO FUCK OFF .(Wolves away 1980,the Friday after losing to West ham in the FA then Valencia the Cup Winners cup )

Still has been a great servant as a player ,and his holding of the clip board, and setting out cones for a paltry 1 Million a year a example of excellence to us all .

Pat Rice (Tasty Goal) we salute you !
Now I'm starting to wonder if Herd and Baba are sharing usernames :D

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

40 years of service from our former captain retiring due to bad knees i understand. You shouldn't let our on-off form of the last 5-6 years detract from acknowledging a true Arsenal legend on the pitch, in the backroom and on the bench his whole working life.

Personally, i'd like uncle bouldy to come in - Adams can eff off for what he wrote in his book that "Arsenal are just an employer...", funny how's he's changed his tune now he's failed everywhere else.... :roll:

Gilles wasn't at Arsenal long enough to deserve it, Lehmann just no.

My top choice would be Dennis, but i don't think he'd take it :(

HARLOW GOONER

Post by HARLOW GOONER »

Up the Pat .
A loyal servant.
My fondest memory of pat was as an 8 year old (circa 1979/80) attending the same school as his son in southgate and bumping into pat outside the gates one day before all the other kids came out, and having a very brief chat with him and getting his autograph which as an 8 year old at the time made my day.
Fast forward 20+ years (2001) and I'm staying in the same hotel as the team are in Manchester. I walk out of the toilet cubicle, am washing my hands, look up in the mirror and see pat and wenger in the reflection of the mirror, having a jimmy. My natural reaction is to pipe up, 'so how's today going to pan out? What's the prediction?' I'm met with a pregnant pause of silence which felt much longer than it probably was. Eventually pat replies 'we're going to win'. I think he sussed I was a Gooner and not a plastic Manc. Cheers pat for saving my embarrassment of the ever growing silence as I was blanked by wenger. Fast forward full time. We've lost 6-1 to utd. It's a funny old game eh!
We won the league up there the following season (wiltord 1-0) and I was lucky enough to be there for a happier result at old Trafford.

Herd

Post by Herd »

[/quote]

Now I'm starting to wonder if Herd and Baba are sharing usernames :D[/quote]

God Forbid, baba is none other than piers morgan ,I on the other hand am an Arsenal fan !

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Pat Rice is a legend. Let's not blame our demise on the cone-man. Personal memory is him presenting me with an award at the End of Season Awards ceremony for Barnet Youth. I believe he's lived in the same house in Cockfosters for 30-odd years.

Nice guy. Enjoy your retirement. :barscarf:

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

An amazing servant. A lap of honour on his own please club.

:barscarf:

IrishGunner

Post by IrishGunner »

Been the butt of a few jokes in recent years but an gooner through and through, thanks for the memories pat :barscarf:

North-Bank-1987

Post by North-Bank-1987 »

Pat Rice has been at the Arsenal longer than I've been alive, I'm gonna miss seeing him in those stylish glasses that I don't like! Cheers Pat for a good service.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Good luck and a Happy retirement Pat! "Thank-You".

Now I just hope whoever replaces him can coach our utter shyte defence into being a 'unit' who defend properly.

Post by 1989 »

Turnip should take the hint from Pat Rice and fuck off as well.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Great servant to the club, but I'm sure I'm not alone in being glad to see the back of him as an assistant manager.

From what I've pieced together over the years, Pat offers very little tactically, and although I accept Wenger is highly unlikely to hire someone who will challenge him, at least a new assistant gives a glimmer of HOPE - if nothing more - that we may bring in someone who can offer something positive on the defensive/tactical side of the game.

Post by 1989 »

Steve Bould is the new assistant manager, just heard from a very reliable source.

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

1989 wrote:Steve Bould is the new assistant manager, just heard from a very reliable source.
I hope this isn't the third false "my reliable source" I've heard around here :?

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Barriecuda wrote:
1989 wrote:Steve Bould is the new assistant manager, just heard from a very reliable source.
I hope this isn't the third false "my reliable source" I've heard around here :?
Good test of 1989's source!