The showdown v the Baggies

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chippy

The showdown v the Baggies

Post by Chippy »

This is now a must win. Anyone got any confidence that we will??? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Rosie_titters

Re: The showdown v the Baggies

Post by Rosie_titters »

nope i said we would only get 2 pts from our last 3 games - so it doesn't take a genius to realise what i think the outcome will be

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

If results go our way tomorrow... ah, I can't say it again :cry: :cry:

Need a huge favour from brummies and Nasri tomorrow :( and even then, can't say I'm confident of us beating West Brom the way we're playing.

Can't wait for this season to end. It's been miserable.

Post by 1989 »

I'll gladly take the Europa league if it meant this will be the GIC's last game.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Not a chance we'll win.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

1989 wrote:I'll gladly take the Europa league if it meant this will be the GIC's last game.
But we know Wenger will stay regardless of where we finish. What evidence whatsoever have we got to think otherwise?

We'll lose, finish 5th, and everything will remain rosy in the Hill-Wood garden :oops: :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

1989 wrote:I'll gladly take the Europa league if it meant this will be the GIC's last game.

^^^^
This.

The end justifies the means. Short term pain, long term gain. Nothing will change until the gimp gets the bullet. I'm slowly going fucking insane living through the same shit year after year after fucking year :banghead:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

rodders999 wrote:

^^^^
This.

The end justifies the means. Short term pain, long term gain. Nothing will change until the gimp gets the bullet. I'm slowly going fucking insane living through the same shit year after year after fucking year :banghead:
If it was that easy I would agree, but it might be just as likely that we go into a death spiral like Leeds or Liverpool.

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

I'm more confident of getting a win at west brom than I am that the scum will drop any points in their last 2 games. We've handed them every incentive and all the initiative (again!), cant see any way they wont win tomorrow & if they do there's no way Fulham will stop them at the hole next week. Not unless Jol brings some lasagne with him for old times sake.

We'll finish 4th, the chavs will pull a result out the bag in Munich and May will be even more horrific than it has been for the last "few" years. Followed by an even longer shitter summer than usual as Uncle Arsene dawdles around Punxsutaeney stepping in the same puddle he stepped in last summer, and the one before that, and the one before that…

*click* "…then put your little hand in mind, there aint no hill or mountain we cant…"

Fuck. Off. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

It's still hard to believe that these players do not seem to know how important qualifying for the Champions League is. At least, this is what some of their performances reflect.To not have Champions League football would be a disaster, our ability to operate in the transfer market for the top players would be severely hampered. I know we don't exactly sign star names every summer but Podolski was a start and perhaps more were to follow. A major drawback to this would be finishing out the top four as well as a blow to the clubs aspirations of being in Europe's elite. As is the case with Liverpool, once you're out, it's very hard to get back in.

With this in mind, these players have to get themselves out of the mess they have put themselves in, and get the result we need. Time to earn your money lads.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

It's still hard to believe that these players do not seem to know how important qualifying for the Champions League is.
Yeah, this is the most frustrating thing. They have seemingly no idea of how important these games are and what's riding on them

I'm after two tickets by the way if anyone has any spares :wink: I'm a sucker for punishment...
Last edited by Dan_85 on Sat May 05, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rosicky's Right Boot

Post by Rosicky's Right Boot »

Even if we win this, which we won't, the scum will win both their final games, we've just handed them a huge incentive to do so.

Gutless team. Drawing against Stoke and Norwich and losing against Wigan. At home. Pathetic excuse for an Arsenal team.

nexum5me

Post by nexum5me »

there is no way tottenham won't beat villa tomorrow :( they're fucking awful.

so it all comes down to whether fulham can be bothered to turn up at the swamp

which is all moot anyway cos we'll draw at best with west brom.

roll on next season :barscarf:

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

don't want to be doom and gloom - But Villa have played 5 of the big 6 at home this season and lost all 5 and scored only 3 goals and let in 10

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Rosie_titters wrote:don't want to be doom and gloom - But Villa have played 5 of the big 6 at home this season and lost all 5 and scored only 3 goals and let in 10
so they're due a win! 8) :lol: