Chesney a doubt for sunday - couldnt make it up

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Chesney a doubt for sunday - couldnt make it up

Post by mikeyb772001 »

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/05/szczes ... ee-points/

Wojciech Szczesny is a doubt for Sunday’s game with West Brom. The Polish stopper has been nursing an injury which Arseblog News understands is a knee problem although today’s Guardian mentions an issue with his back.

The issue has been ongoing for the last month and may explain, while not excusing, his under-par performance against Norwich. Should he fail to make it, Lukas Fabianski could play his final game for Arsenal, as he will seek to leave the club having fallen behind his compatriot in the pecking order this season.

Arsene Wenger is targeting the three points necessary to secure third place and says that his team must remember they have defensive, as well as offensive, duties to perform.

“At Stoke we had a good game and offensively against Norwich we had a good game. Defensively, though, we had not the expected level. Maybe we were focused too much on winning the game and forgot that to win the game you need to defend as well”.

And after such a disastrous start to the season, the manager feels finishing third would be something to be proud of.

“It will be a great achievement if we manage to do it. I believe it would be reward for a group which has exceptional strength,” he said.

“They have come through some difficult times, always recovered and always battled. Therefore I will be extremely delighted when we do it. Let’s make sure we finish third and win our game – that is the only answer we can give. To do that of course you need a full, committed performance from everybody.

“On that front I am quite sure we will get that from our players and then we will have a very good chance to do it.”

Obviously third and the points we’ve dropped this season aren’t anyone’s idea of an ideal campaign but under the circumstances it’s about the best we could have hoped for when we lay 17th early on.

The last time it was this tight on the last day of the season was the final game at Highbury when Sp*rs were struck down by an attack of the green apple splatters, but the Arsenal manager still isn’t sure what happened.

“Frankly I didn’t know what happened,’’ he said. “I didn’t cook that day. If I had cooked more of them would have been ill!”

flash gunner

Re: Chesney a doubt for sunday - couldnt make it up

Post by flash gunner »

Red Wumbers dreams have been answered :roll:

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

Should have got the result at Norwich and then this wouldn't matter.

Flappy has a great chance to prove himself to the Arsenal and to potential clubs, as it looks like this will be his last game as a Gunner. I hope the kid can go out with his head up high - for our sake and his.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

flash gunner wrote:Red Wumbers dreams have been answered :roll:
Now if we can only get Denilson back from his loan spell in time for Sunday...........

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Well, wouldn't it just come and slap Lord Wenger right in the face.

Three glaring errors in the last two transfer windows:

1. No cover for RvP
2. No creative midfielder signed and two sold
3. Three shit reserve goalkeepers

Luckily for Wenger, only the first two points have bitten him this season, but right on cue for the final week we have Flappyhandski ready to do his usual "how to destroy everything in 90 mins one man display act"

Oh well - he's cost us more FA Cups and Beer Cups than I care to remember so why not go the whole hog and fuck up the 3rd placed trophy as well.

Red Member's voodoo doll has been working

augie

Post by augie »

mikeyb772001 wrote:http://news.arseblog.com/2012/05/szczes ... ee-points/

Wojciech Szczesny is a doubt for Sunday’s game with West Brom. The Polish stopper has been nursing an injury which Arseblog News understands is a knee problem although today’s Guardian mentions an issue with his back.

And after such a disastrous start to the season, the manager feels finishing third would be something to be proud of.

“It will be a great achievement if we manage to do it. I believe it would be reward for a group which has exceptional strength,” he said.

“They have come through some difficult times, always recovered and always battled. Therefore I will be extremely delighted when we do it. Let’s make sure we finish third and win our game – that is the only answer we can give. To do that of course you need a full, committed performance from everybody.

F**k Off - I have never heard of a season of great acheivement when you can only draw at home versus the worst team (by a distance) in the league, lose away to the 2nd worst team in the league who hadnt won a game in ages before they beat us and then go and suffer the worst defeat in the 125 years the club has been in existance :evil: :evil: :evil:

Of course to get that 3rd place we need to get a full commited performance from all the players........is that like we seen in old shatford, in milan, in ewood park, in fulham, in loftus road ?? Do me a fcuking favour and stop spouting crap :roll: :oops: :oops:

Btw if flaps is in goals sunday you can kiss goodbye to 3rd and maybe even 4th

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

SteveO 35 wrote:Well, wouldn't it just come and slap Lord Wenger right in the face.

1. No cover for RvP

Luckily for Wenger, only the first two points have bitten him this season, but right on cue for the final week we have Flappyhandski ready to do his usual "how to destroy everything in 90 mins one man display act"

Oh well - he's cost us more FA Cups and Beer Cups than I care to remember so why not go the whole hog and fuck up the 3rd placed trophy as well.

it certainly has :D
I now feel more confident about Sunday

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Red Member wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:Well, wouldn't it just come and slap Lord Wenger right in the face.

1. No cover for RvP

it certainly has :D
I now feel more confident about Sunday
Which of the two would you prefer to see between the sticks Red - Almunia or Flapper ?

N1Goon

Post by N1Goon »

Flappy is going to bottle it to spite the Arsenal fans and Arsene, just you wait. He is still fuming he got dropped when he got injured and Sir Ches benched him last season.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Wenger is a cretin, if proof wasn't already there over the past 7 seasons, now Wenger is creaming himself in the hope of finishing 3rd... you couldn't really make it up.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

paperclip

Post by paperclip »

N1Goon wrote:Flappy is going to bottle it to spite the Arsenal fans and Arsene, just you wait. He is still fuming he got dropped when he got injured and Sir Ches benched him last season.
That crossed my mind, but surely this is his last attempt to make an impression ahead of the Euros, so he'll give it his absolute best.

and still cost us 3rd :cry:

RioGooner

Post by RioGooner »

Can we still have chesney minus one leg? still better then Flaps

Resident Plastic

Post by Resident Plastic »

It's our lasagna moment

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Cant we sign Mad Jens on a one game loan like last year :barscarf:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I never thought i'd say this but 5th place......in the long run, may be the best thing for Arsenal. :shock: