When will enough be enough?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

When will enough be enough?

You've already had enough.
56%
If RVP leaves.
6%
Even if RVP stays, we still don't invest in the squad.
23%
If we finish outside the top 4.
No votes
When Wenger leaves.
5%
You'll always be happy with Arsenal.
9%

Total votes: 64

terry henry

Re: When will enough be enough?

Post by terry henry »

Depends what you mean when is enough? Will I ever stop going to the Arsenal. No. Does that mean I'm happy with the situation then no and Wenger remaining manager is completely unacceptable. Thats the problem with football really as surely most fans think this way.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:There aren't really enough options to vote for. If one of the MODs could please add the option...

"When Abou leaves the treatment table"
There. Fixed that for ya! :D :wink:
The thought of the Great Man's return is the only hope I have for next season. When RvP leaves he will be the one remaining top class talent we have :(

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Enough was enough at least 2 years ago.

Henry left as he was aware that the project was a non starter, buying promising kids and hoping for the best.

Since then most of our better players have got disenchanted for one reason or another and each and every season we have to re assemble key elements of our squad, usually with inferior players or potential

Had we kept re-investing in the team and been genuinly challenging for trophy's players like Cesc, Nasri, RVP wouldn't have had an issue on staying but time moves on and we, as a team, don't.

If Wenger's hands are tied by the board then he should have the balls to come out and say so, the fans may be more understanding of his situation and could apply pressure onto the board more, but he doesn't, as his salary is worth more than his integrity.

diggerdan

Post by diggerdan »

Enough is Enough.. we are not even look close to challanging for silverware... we boast 10's of millions of pounds profits... we cant defend..and need 10 chances to score... ! :banghead:

However, Arsenal FC is still the greatest club in the history of clubs ... i will support them no matter what ..divison 2 ! Middlesex leauge, Hackney Marsh. :barscarf:

however, at this moment in time... my team has become a cash macheine for making rich men richer ... and real fans poorer. :cry:

we might as well give the club to Ustmanov ..he can out muscle Abramovich ..at least we might win the Carling cup in the next 5 years..and will stop being a feeder club for Man City and Barcalona ..which is what we currently are

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:There aren't really enough options to vote for. If one of the MODs could please add the option...

"When Abou leaves the treatment table"
There. Fixed that for ya! :D :wink:
The thought of the Great Man's return is the only hope I have for next season. When RvP leaves he will be the one remaining top class talent we have :(

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Jeeeez that's a Cracker! - You are Soooo FUNN EEEE! :high5: :D :wink:

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

How many more times must we "Judge him in May", it's like groundhog day :banghead:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

He will get one final judging this Summer I reckon.

If he allows van Persie to go for one reason or another and doesn't strengthen the squad then his time will be up as last season will not go away.

Resident Plastic

Post by Resident Plastic »

I don't understand how some people can say 'enough is enough'. You support your club regardless of if they are doing well or shit. We've been in the top 4 for the last 15 years, if we don't make it next season and you think 'fuck it, i'm giving up on football' then you're a plastic fan and just as bad as anyone who bandwagons Chelsea or City. The mentality of some people is mind boggling. if you instantly give up because they've had a couple of mediocre or shit seasons then you aren't a real fan, you're no better than the 'lifelong' (2003-present) Chelsea fans.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Resident Plastic wrote:I don't understand how some people can say 'enough is enough'. You support your club regardless of if they are doing well or shit. We've been in the top 4 for the last 15 years, if we don't make it next season and you think 'fuck it, i'm giving up on football' then you're a plastic fan and just as bad as anyone who bandwagons Chelsea or City. The mentality of some people is mind boggling. if you instantly give up because they've had a couple of mediocre or shit seasons then you aren't a real fan, you're no better than the 'lifelong' (2003-present) Chelsea fans.
I'm 99.9% certain this is not a thread about having enough of Arsenal but about having enough of the current regime & lack of ambition.

I'm interested to know what has to happen before people would start protesting & making their feelings more publically known. If/when RvP goes, will we all moan on here, "reluctantly renew" but then carry on as normal once we get to the stadium?

Delorean Dor's

Post by Delorean Dor's »

Dan_85 wrote:
Resident Plastic wrote:I don't understand how some people can say 'enough is enough'. You support your club regardless of if they are doing well or shit. We've been in the top 4 for the last 15 years, if we don't make it next season and you think 'fuck it, i'm giving up on football' then you're a plastic fan and just as bad as anyone who bandwagons Chelsea or City. The mentality of some people is mind boggling. if you instantly give up because they've had a couple of mediocre or shit seasons then you aren't a real fan, you're no better than the 'lifelong' (2003-present) Chelsea fans.
I'm 99.9% certain this is not a thread about having enough of Arsenal but about having enough of the current regime & lack of ambition.

I'm interested to know what has to happen before people would start protesting & making their feelings more publically known. If/when RvP goes, will we all moan on here, "reluctantly renew" but then carry on as normal once we get to the stadium?
Well I intend stamping my feet for 24hrs outside the local chip shop, wont make any difference to what the Arsenal board do but sure as hell will confuse the chip shop owner, last time a bloke ask for a pickled egg had him stumped, should be greeat viewing.

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

A couple"??!! Make that about seven. Yes, of course those of us that dare to speak out against the dear leader are not "real fans" (despite travelling home and away to watch players who are hugely overpaid for massive failure every season). There are none so blind as those who will not see. Wenger's time was up about 5 years ago. But he will be around for another 5 thanks to a board with zero ambition and some fans who think that we are no longer Arsenal FC but instead have become Arsene FC.

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

Good poll.

I said RVP staying but no re-investment. Everytime we have a bit of potential, we sell as opposed to stock up. This is another one of those junctures - but this time I won't put up with another downgrading offseason.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

frankbutcher wrote:Some of us of have had it with the current situation. Others seem to be waiting for this Summer to pan out. The rest seem to have an un-swerving faith as long as Wenger is in place. But when will enough be enough for you?
The moment drogba scored the penalty. That is the moment i've finally had enough of the club direction and philosphy. I hope wenger, gazides, stan and hill wood felt as numb and sick as i do now. PHW should be on the phone to Usmanov right now, inviting him to join the board.

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

Nos89 wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:Some of us of have had it with the current situation. Others seem to be waiting for this Summer to pan out. The rest seem to have an un-swerving faith as long as Wenger is in place. But when will enough be enough for you?
The moment drogba scored the penalty. That is the moment i've finally had enough of the club direction and philosphy. I hope wenger, gazides, stan and hill wood felt as numb and sick as i do now. PHW should be on the phone to Usmanov right now, inviting him to join the board.
This win will have not affect on them whatsoever. They will see no significance in what has happened. The Club has no ambition and tonight will change nothing.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Seems that some would rather Kroenke Wenger & the thieves steal the money from the clubs coffers whilst making out The Arsenal are still run by some type of moral football guardians :banghead:

Meanwhile Arsenal are now the 2nd club in London & that's where we will stay because Kroenke & his syrup are too mean to spend fuck all :banghead:

All this anti Usmanov stuff is club & AISA / Red Action propganda & media bullshit, Jabba threatened to take legal action to defend his reputation & the newspapers bottled it, :box:

Time for Usmanov I reckon, football won't be going back to the old days anytime soon!!!! :barscarf: