Arsenal Travel Club membership

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Resident Plastic

Arsenal Travel Club membership

Post by Resident Plastic »

Is anyone here a member and can they explain what exactly it includes? Firstly, is it different from the Away Membership Scheme, which i think is just a season ticket for away games? If it is different, does it give you priority to away games over red and silver members?

I've looked on the Arsenal website and there's literally no information about it or how to register for it. Considering the season has just ended can anyone tell me how to apply for one.

Cheers

frankbutcher

Re: Arsenal Travel Club membership

Post by frankbutcher »

Resident Plastic wrote:Is anyone here a member and can they explain what exactly it includes? Firstly, is it different from the Away Membership Scheme, which i think is just a season ticket for away games? If it is different, does it give you priority to away games over red and silver members?

I've looked on the Arsenal website and there's literally no information about it or how to register for it. Considering the season has just ended can anyone tell me how to apply for one.

Cheers
From my understanding:

1) You can't join it anymore.
2) If you are in it, you build up away credits without being a Season Ticket Holder. You buy away games depending on how many away points you have.
3) You do not get immediate access to all away games. As per point 2, you simply buy games according to availability depending on your level of away points.

Resident Plastic

frankbutcher wrote:
Resident Plastic wrote:Is anyone here a member and can they explain what exactly it includes? Firstly, is it different from the Away Membership Scheme, which i think is just a season ticket for away games? If it is different, does it give you priority to away games over red and silver members?

Cheers
From my understanding:

2) If you are in it, you build up away credits without being a Season Ticket Holder. You buy away games depending on how many away points you have.
3) You do not get immediate access to all away games. As per point 2, you simply buy games according to availability depending on your level of away points.
Ok thanks for this. Can you collect away points if you have red membership? Would this give you preferential treatment for away tickets over red, silver and ST holders with no points Or will ST holders always get preferential treatment over red members regardless of how many away games they've attended?

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

Resident Plastic wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:

Cheers
From my understanding:

Ok thanks for this. Can you collect away points if you have red membership? Would this give you preferential treatment for away tickets over red, silver and ST holders with no points Or will ST holders always get preferential treatment over red members regardless of how many away games they've attended?
No, you can't accumulate away points on red or silver. That's the point of Travel Club membership I believe.

It's basically so you can do aways without the need for a home season ticket and without being on the away scheme which forces you to buy all games.

When tickets go on sale its usually

Away Scheme
ST with 25, 20, 15, 10, 5 credits and Travel Club with 25, 20, 15, 10, 5 credits.

Then if any are left they go to Silver then Reds.

Resident Plastic

HashKads wrote:
No, you can't accumulate away points on red or silver. That's the point of Travel Club membership I believe.

It's basically so you can do aways without the need for a home season ticket and without being on the away scheme which forces you to buy all games.

When tickets go on sale its usually

Away Scheme
ST with 25, 20, 15, 10, 5 credits and Travel Club with 25, 20, 15, 10, 5 credits.

Then if any are left they go to Silver then Reds.
Thanks. Do you know why the travel club have stopped accepting new members?

Rosicky's Right Boot

Post by Rosicky's Right Boot »

Such a shame that they've stopped accepting new members, guess I'm limited to the odd away day next year then. :(

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

They stopped it because it doesn't make the Club any money. They'd rather force you to buy a season ticket in order to go to away games.