The 2012-2013 Season Prediction Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
_James_

Re: The 2012-2013 Season Prediction Thread

Post by _James_ »

Kvltman wrote:Man City to spend around another £100 million in the summer, and win the league again but by a bigger margin this time.

Man Utd and Chelsea to trail not too far behind in 2nd and 3rd (either order).

Us? 4th place :roll: van Persie to stay and form a decent understanding with Podolski.

We'll enjoy a run to the FA cup semi-final but Wenger will inexplicably pick a weakened side and we get done by Chelsea or Man City. League cup we bomb out of at Old Trafford in another B side clash.

Chelsea crash out of the CL in the group stage! :lol: (Here's hoping!)
I think with Vidic back and some signings United will compete again, they may not win the league but I think they will win the Champions league. :(

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

arseofacrow wrote:Santos will get bigger.
And slower! :roll:

I predict klingon bonce to have a brill start to the season and fade away just like the camel

Wilshere to rule the mid-field come February 2013

RVP to have a goal drought

Steve Bould to have a face to face (punch up with water bottles) with AW when he (AW) subs Arteta for diaby - who then has to be subbed 5 mins later coz he's out of breath

I predict diaby will have a plaque with his name on it put on one of the treatment tables - and there will be a oopen bus parade to mark the occasion

I predict we will finish 2nd in the Prem :-P

I predict we WILL win the FA Cup (Beating the scum in the semi-final) 8) :barscarf:

Quarter finals in the CL

Jenkinson to break someone's leg in the derby with the scum :high5: (and become an overnight hero!)

Cheese on Toast face will be caught taking bungs and get sacked by the scum

red nose will announce his retirement next May and Guardiola will take over.... :shock: :banghead:

fat blattered will be shot.....:high5:

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

OneBardGooner wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:Santos will get bigger.
And slower! :roll:

I predict klingon bonce to have a brill start to the season and fade away just like the camel

Wilshere to rule the mid-field come February 2013

RVP to have a goal drought

Steve Bould to have a face to face (punch up with water bottles) with AW when he (AW) subs Arteta for diaby - who then has to be subbed 5 mins later coz he's out of breath

I predict diaby will have a plaque with his name on it put on one of the treatment tables - and there will be a oopen bus parade to mark the occasion

I predict we will finish 2nd in the Prem :-P

I predict we WILL win the FA Cup (Beating the scum in the semi-final) 8) :barscarf:

Quarter finals in the CL

Jenkinson to break someone's leg in the derby with the scum :high5: (and become an overnight hero!)

Cheese on Toast face will be caught taking bungs and get sacked by the scum

red nose will announce his retirement next May and Guardiola will take over.... :shock: :banghead:

fat blattered will be shot.....:high5:
OBG to be sectioned and to then share a cell with Wenger. :-P

augie

Post by augie »

Rvp will refuse to sign a new deal. The fools running the club will refuse to sell him. A uneasy tension exists all season and a frequently injured rvp doesnt come close to hitting the heights he did this season :( At the end of the season the worst kept secret of the year is finally confirmed when rvp announces that he is to join barca on a bosman on july 1st

Tv5 will set a new season high for goals from a centre back - unfortunatley we are shipping goals all over the place as the defence is constantly exposed by tv5's gallops forward :roll:

The will be strong demands from arsene wenger and his devout followers for alex song to be crowned fifa world player of the year as he delivers four world class passes for Arsenal goals in the season. Twitchers son, again showing his knowledge of the game ( :roll: ), backs the nomination of song and uses the phrase world class repeatidly :oops: Meanwhile, undetected by most, song continues to have a passing accuracy of 37% and sets a new world record for the highest number of yellow cards amassed in the season :oops: :oops: :oops:

November 5th will see the club hire a new doctor, two new physio's, a new dietician, 2 new witch doctors and a vet in an effort to get to the bottom of the constant injuries of diaby and his treatment room buddies rosicky and gibbs.

Podolski starts the season in hot form and leads the league goal scoring wise however all is not well behind the scenes as himself and mertesacker get increasingly frustrated at the ineptitude of the people running our club which is total alien to the ultra efficency of the germans. Before the season ends both hand in transfer requests citing anti nazi rants by a mackem on a Gooner forum as the reason behind their move :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:Rvp will refuse to sign a new deal. The fools running the club will refuse to sell him. A uneasy tension exists all Summer before Kroenke finally informs Dumb and Dumber on the 30th August that they have to sell him and we get a whopping £20m for one of the best strikers in Europe.

Wenger's first programme notes say "People tell me that we need to buy a striker - well we have four (Podolski, Joel Campbell, Park and Chamakh), and Theo can play there too"

:wink:
Couple of minor amendments Augie :D

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

I predict Guardiola to be new gaffer

And

Goetze will sign for us in January

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:I predict Guardiola to be new gaffer

And

Goetze will sign for us in January
I predict that you've made two shit predictions now !

Guardiola as Arsenal manager - its better than the Goetze story :D

RioGooner

Post by RioGooner »

Robin will go, we won't replace properly, Podolski will be our leading man. Will get 18-20 goals in the league.

We'll drag over the line for 4th, again.

Lots of special circumstances will justify our shortcomings in CC, FA and CL, where we'll get knocked off by the first half decent side we face.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Do we really need one of these threads? We all know we will finish third after a near run thing with the Scum. Again. Same old fucking same old. :roll:

The only thing keeping us in third of course being overated media darling arsehole 'Arry's uncanny ability to stare a gift horse in the mouth... :banghead:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Denilson to return and become the new Fabregas, we will lose him to Citeh in January with a record plge fee of 120 billion pounds being paid.
Wenger will invest £100,000 of the proceeds in a promising youngster from the outer Mongolian hills, only to see him flop, the lad though will be rewarded with a 5 year bumper contract.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

We will be better next season, i honestly believe that. Im bored of being negative, lifes too short!

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

BournemouthRED wrote:We will be better next season, i honestly believe that. Im bored of being negative, lifes too short!
What's up mate? I hate to see you like this!

:cry: :lol: