AST vs Gazidis

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
frankbutcher

AST vs Gazidis

Post by frankbutcher »

Has anyone actually looked at what these guys do? I've given them some stick in the past, but they have some seriously clued up and sharp people involved (including Reg Niseth :wink: ). I'm just watching last year's Q&A on Arsenal Player. The questions put to Gazidis are great, but his answers have as many holes as a sieve and most times he doesn't answer the question. The AST just sit back and lap it up.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... n-part-one

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... n-part-two

Herd

Re: AST vs Gazidis

Post by Herd »

He's a master at "unspeak" or Pulling a Palin !
You either pull the question off message and then answer the question u can deal with, or you ask a question back yourself !

augie

Post by augie »

frankbutcher wrote:Has anyone actually looked at what these guys do? I've given them some stick in the past, but they have some seriously clued up and sharp people involved (including Reg Niseth :wink: ). I'm just watching last year's Q&A on Arsenal Player. The questions put to Gazidis are great, but his answers have as many holes as a sieve and most times he doesn't answer the question. The AST just sit back and lap it up.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... n-part-one

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... n-part-two

Frank you have me confused here - on one hand you say how clued in they are but on the other hand you say that they accept any kind of garbage gazidas throws at them and that is hardly the actions of clued up people is it ? :?

All these groups are insignificant until such time as they force change or at least bring the serious issues out into the public domain with real conviction

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

What I'm saying is that whilst the question is direct and succinct, when Ivan ducks giving an answer there's no willingness to go off message and tell him to answer the question properly. The AST board clearly have everyone clearly briefed that backchat won't be tolerated or they'll lose their precious time with Ivan. The Club have the AST where they want them. Only when the AST gives up hanging on the coat tails of the Club will they wield any power. They might as well because they've got no power as it is. Ivan simply bats their gripes away like a fly in those videos. So whilst these guys are clued up the Board of the AST is not allowing them a proper voice. I'm dead certain that in an equal argument a fair few of the AST would rip Ivan to shreds.

Herd

Post by Herd »

frankbutcher wrote:What I'm saying is that whilst the question is direct and succinct, when Ivan ducks giving an answer there's no willingness to go off message and tell him to answer the question properly. The AST board clearly have everyone clearly briefed that backchat won't be tolerated or they'll lose their precious time with Ivan. The Club have the AST where they want them. Only when the AST gives up hanging on the coat tails of the Club will they wield any power. They might as well because they've got no power as it is. Ivan simply bats their gripes away like a fly in those videos. So whilst these guys are clued up the Board of the AST is not allowing them a proper voice. I'm dead certain that in an equal argument a fair few of the AST would rip Ivan to shreds.
For once I completely agree with you Frank and there lies the impotence of them and AISA and all these others who have contact with the club,it's very clear from the AST vids that the entire event was skillfully stage managed .
Its time for these people to get up stand up and get nasty but they wont.

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

too right.

enough is enough. we seem to be being dragged into a repeat of last summer which is unbelievable.
There should now be a policy of zero tolerance towards the board from all supporters groups.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Herd wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:What I'm saying is that whilst the question is direct and succinct, when Ivan ducks giving an answer there's no willingness to go off message and tell him to answer the question properly. The AST board clearly have everyone clearly briefed that backchat won't be tolerated or they'll lose their precious time with Ivan. The Club have the AST where they want them. Only when the AST gives up hanging on the coat tails of the Club will they wield any power. They might as well because they've got no power as it is. Ivan simply bats their gripes away like a fly in those videos. So whilst these guys are clued up the Board of the AST is not allowing them a proper voice. I'm dead certain that in an equal argument a fair few of the AST would rip Ivan to shreds.
For once I completely agree with you Frank and there lies the impotence of them and AISA and all these others who have contact with the club,it's very clear from the AST vids that the entire event was skillfully stage managed .
Its time for these people to get up stand up and get nasty but they wont.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

augie

Post by augie »

Some meaty questions there for ivan to face eh :roll: I can almost hear the c**t laughing already :oops: :evil: :banghead:

richpye

Post by richpye »

The skill of interviewing is not preparing questions, you can use Google to do that for you. It's the follow up question to probe into an original answer.
It's difficult to say what the right tactic is here though.
If AST play hardball they lose access to the higher echelons of the club, but if they play along to the Arsenal game then nothing changes.

I always remember the answer Gazidis gave last year when he said "We can't afford to pay £50 million for a player", the answer was begging for a quickfire, "What about £40 mill?", "What about £30 Mill?, "What about £20 Mill?", "Does that include wages/agents fees?" all in ultra quick succession.

Instead, nothing was said and the opportunity is lost

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

By putting that on their site aren't they just preparing Gazidis and everyone for what they're going to face, letting them come up with bullshit excuses for those questions?

augie

Post by augie »

Sutch wrote:
By putting that on their site aren't they just preparing Gazidis and everyone for what they're going to face, letting them come up with bullshit excuses for those questions?

You're not suggesting that they are in cahoots with those running OUR club are you ?? Do you honestly think that the notion that they are going to demand real answers to the serious issue's is all a charade ?? :shock: :shock:
Not one of these groups "representing" us fans have the balls to really ask the tough questions or to make any real difference unless hanging pictures around the ground or handing out free mini flags is seen as making a difference :roll: :oops: :oops:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

augie wrote:
Sutch wrote:

You're not suggesting that they are in cahoots with those running OUR club are you ?? Do you honestly think that the notion that they are going to demand real answers to the serious issue's is all a charade ?? :shock: :shock:
Not one of these groups "representing" us fans have the balls to really ask the tough questions or to make any real difference unless hanging pictures around the ground or handing out free mini flags is seen as making a difference :roll: :oops: :oops:
The massive outpouring of relief and celebration at our third place trophy says it all. The club, and football in general, value the top 4 more than anything and this is at the heart of the board/wenger's policy. Nothing else matters. Therefore the real questions about finding a way to compete are ignored, because they are not relevant to anyone at the top of the club.

All of the other stuff just skirts around the main issue - an issue that gazidis won't get involved in talking about.

georgeknows89

Post by georgeknows89 »

Maybe the penny is finally dropping.

I repeat from my posting re Usmanov on 6th May, he is the only alternative to us slipping further down the EPL pecking order of importance-we will soon become a Monday night team on a regular basis for TV .

The initial focus must be to demand ask threaten insist that Usmanov be given a seat on the board or at least confirmation that it will happen when he gets to 30% or if not , why not ?

Afc website 17th May re share register means only 171 shares to go before he gets 30%

WHat are they so scared of hiding regarding our finances that they won't share it with the 2nd richest guy in England who clearly knows how to invest , run businesses and make money.

Bunch of arse licking puppets desperate for personal recognition for the work they done for the club will in the main been the attendees besides all the press spies etc and it all achieves nothing

First objective is to get anyone with shares still to sell to Usmanov, if they got more than 1 then bloody keep 1 for nostalgia but other than that if they want club to progress then must be encouraged to sell and Spank the Yanks back across the pond

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »