Season ticket waiting list and prices

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jack Stealer

Re: 3700 season ticket waiting list

Post by Jack Stealer »

Yeah I'm still in the same place, unless everyone renewed their season tickets...

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

It hasn't been updated, I phoned the club up twice about this and spoke to someone called Pete there. I said to him that it's normally done by now and he said it was going to be updated in a week (I phoned them initially at the beginning of November), I then phoned them again last week and he said that he would email me once it had been but he couldn't put a date on it.

It'll make interesting reading once it has been done and perhaps that's why they're relunctant to do it as my boy was on 23,000 odd and as others have said, they've offered season tickets to other people higher up in the waiting list than this, I think it may have something to do with this waiting list number being tied to my normal season ticket.

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

valdemordor wrote:
jamjc64 wrote:Waiting list is now up to date

I just checked it and I'm still on the same position as I was last season, so it can't be updated

All i can say is that the one i have has been moved up about 11000 places to 11000 ish in the Q

valdemordor

Post by valdemordor »

jamjc64 wrote:
valdemordor wrote:
jamjc64 wrote:Waiting list is now up to date

I just checked it and I'm still on the same position as I was last season, so it can't be updated

All i can say is that the one i have has been moved up about 11000 places to 11000 ish in the Q

Mine hasn't been updated yet

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Seems an obvious question maybe, but with thousands and thousands of people filling up the season ticket deferral list, how are they all going to be fitted in the season after they initially reject?

I can't see how someone on the list can move up at all now, they have so many deferrals waiting to be fitted in and they (supposedly) get priority.

Clearly there are going to be some people that deferred last season and will wait for the call next May/June......only that call will never come.

The system's getting bloated and all messed up, thousands of cash strapped people reaching the top before they thought they would and piling onto a rapidly swelling deferrals list.

Meanwhile I bet the main season ticket waiting list has gone through the floor with these prices and the recession, a few years ago people were talking about 70,000+ people on there.

valdemordor

Post by valdemordor »

December and the list hasn't been updated yet.

Simon

Post by Simon »

I think the waiting list has just collapsed. :banghead:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I'll be very surprised if there is any waiting list next season. In fact I think you may see Arsenal tickets being advertised in the Metro from September 2013!!

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Does anyone know when this list is going to be updated? I have a feeling that they've either fucked up big time with this list or they're embarrassed by how far people are going to drop down it from last season.

I know there are people that work at the club who monitor this forum, perhaps one of them can enlighten us?

:?

Edit... When I say fucked up... I mean by offering people on it that were on a higher number than others (I know people who were only on it for a year or so and got offered upper tier season tickets, it really does make a mockery of a waiting list imo.)

Glitch33

Post by Glitch33 »

TeeCee wrote:I'll be very surprised if there is any waiting list next season. In fact I think you may see Arsenal tickets being advertised in the Metro from September 2013!!
Yes, alongside West Ham, Fulham and QPR.

Got email for the club this week saying:-

We are pleased to announce that there are a very limited number of tickets still remaining through our Friends and Family service for the Arsenal vs. Manchester City match on Sunday 13th January 2013, kick off 16:00.

This service is exclusively available to you as an Arsenal member; allowing you to purchase up to four tickets for your family and friends.

tel

Post by tel »

Glitch33 wrote:
TeeCee wrote:I'll be very surprised if there is any waiting list next season. In fact I think you may see Arsenal tickets being advertised in the Metro from September 2013!!

We are pleased to announce that there are a very limited number of tickets still remaining through our Friends and Family service for the Arsenal vs. Manchester City match on Sunday 13th January 2013, kick off 16:00.

This service is exclusively available to you as an Arsenal member; allowing you to purchase up to four tickets for your family and friends.
What a bargain!! I'm sure they'll all be upstairs at £80 a pop, I'm glad to see the Cat A games struggling to sell out. Until the TV companies stop showing them there's no incentive to pay such stupid money to watch a match.

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Let's hope so. I've said it a million times but these short sighted clubs are doing nothing but making trouble for themselves by pricing a lot of the genuine fans out of the game. For now its fine, tourists will come and pay £80 a ticket but before long the bubble will burst, especially since there are only so many teams that can genuinely compete at the top of the table and, surprise, surprise, these tourists aren't so arsed about turning up if they aren't watching the "best" team in the league.

Eventually the wankers that make up a sizable percentage of the crowds in the PL these days will move onto something else, the tourists will get bored and clubs will be desperately reducing prices hoping to get back their hard core fans. A lot of these fans, however, will be sick of being shat on from a height, will be pissed off that they were cast aside without a second thought when clubs saw the chance to make more money and won't want to return to a soulless plastic bowl with arsehole stewards wanting everyone to sit down and not swear. A lot of lads will stay in the pubs and the clubs will regret it. That day can't come soon enough.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

tel wrote:
Glitch33 wrote:

What a bargain!! I'm sure they'll all be upstairs at £80 a pop, I'm glad to see the Cat A games struggling to sell out. Until the TV companies stop showing them there's no incentive to pay such stupid money to watch a match.
I'm loving the sight of the stadium plan on the ticket hub showing huge swathes of orange just days before the game. Sadly a lot of the seats showing as available have been paid for, regardless of whether they're filled or not, but it's pleasing to see them struggling to fill the stadium.

I've given up attending Cat A games myself this season as I think £63 minimum is a fucking liberty. I'm much more enjoying watching these games in the pub where for half the price of the cheapest match ticket I can drink, sing and have a laugh without getting a ticking off from some jobsworth in an orange bib...

I'm intrigued to see the updated waiting list, as like others have said, I reckon they've made a right balls up of it this summer. I'm expecting to be offered an ST next year and unless I see some sign of drastic change, I'll probably tell em to keep it.

burg hohenzollern

Post by burg hohenzollern »

Agree with the statement that its an obvious blinding rip off, but disagree with the statement that the ground will not be filled. The club are no mugs - there are 1000's and 1000's of tourists who have more money than sense and who will come. The marketing department of AFC are very clever.

Jack Stealer

Post by Jack Stealer »

Got this reply when I enquired re the waiting list;

"Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately the Season Ticket Waiting List is still to be updated. Since the start of the season, the system database underwent a number of upgrades and there is a final programme to be installed that processes the updates. The upgrade has taken longer than originally planned, but hopefully this will be implemented shortly.

We are fully aware that updates are later than usual this season, but as soon as the system is active and waiting list positions updated, members will be notified of same on arsenal.com.

I am sorry that I do not have a more positive response for you at this stage."

Sounds BS to me.