Season ticket waiting list and prices

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: Season ticket waiting list and prices

Post by nut flush gooner »

Yesterday was one reason I continue to support the team in person. Granted there are a lot of issues at the club, but for 30 minutes they played a brand of football that is admired all over the world.

The atmosphere at a live game even with a tier of corporate seating is amazing at the emirates when it gets going, granted it is up to the team to create this atmosphere with their level of performance. Nevertheless we have got it in us to be very passionate fans!

Daycat

Post by Daycat »

Has anyone else's position on the waiting list changed again recently. Went down to just over 20k in the summer, checked my account Friday and I'm now just below 18k

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Good shout, we have gone from 15500 in August to 12950 as of now. :barscarf:

Got a phone call in the summer from the BO to say good chance of a ticket within 2 seasons :D

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

nut flush gooner wrote:Yesterday was one reason I continue to support the team in person. Granted there are a lot of issues at the club, but for 30 minutes they played a brand of football that is admired all over the world.

The atmosphere at a live game even with a tier of corporate seating is amazing at the emirates when it gets going, granted it is up to the team to create this atmosphere with their level of performance. Nevertheless we have got it in us to be very passionate fans!
30 good minutes in between the other endless hours of frustrating, turgid dogshite :oops: Exciting stuff... well worth £1K+ :barscarf:

Sean

Post by Sean »

Needless to say, the prices are an absolute piss-take and the atmosphere - with the Tarquins, Tristians and tourists - is shite at Cashburton. The wankers running our club/corporation have no shame in being highlighted as the highest tickets in the land by the BBC and other media outlets every season.

I also see that the match categories are being held off for the late season games. So it's fucking obvious that they will re-grade the Leicester game as Cat-B instead of Cat-C, the devious bastards.

So it's obvious why I've never been to a game at Cashburton despite living only a mile from the ground, given the insane ticket prices since 2003 or so.

FYI, the only Arsenal match I ever went to was against Hartlepool Utd on October 3rd 1995 - And that's only because my school got free tickets. It was a great night - 5-0 victory. I have otherwise been priced out altogether; I never knew any older match-going Arsenal supporters who could have helped me get tickets before the price hikes. As it is, I am locked out of matches for the foreseeable, despite having a job now. Fuck paying those obscene prices to watch us pass sideways and bottle it season after season under The Old Fraud, whilst the club continue to mug us off.

I envy those of you who went to matches prior to the mid-90s. Nothing of today's 'Matchday Experience' could compare to it. I curse being born too late.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

All this talk about inching up the list by a couple of thousand every year, when in all probability you could have a ST next season sorted by Christmas if you shop around.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Robin_L wrote:All this talk about inching up the list by a couple of thousand every year, when in all probability you could have a ST next season sorted by Christmas if you shop around.
shop around?

:lol: :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

arseofacrow wrote:
Robin_L wrote:All this talk about inching up the list by a couple of thousand every year, when in all probability you could have a ST next season sorted by Christmas if you shop around.
shop around?

:lol: :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Yeah, I hear Colchester's waiting list is less than ours :lol:

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

Now there's disagreement on how big this is. Personally I paid the £3 or whatever 12 months ago just out of curiousity to see the number and its in the 60,000s. Now whether this is a smokescreen, who knows. It probably is.

But booooooy oh boy is it going to collapse after this season! It took a battering after the 10-11 collapse, but even a promise of £150m being spent won't get some STHs back and why would it?! Utter shit served up and having to pay at least £1,000 for the privilege. A thousand pounds for that shit, it makes me sick. Wouldn't be surprised if there are at least 7/8k non-renewals.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

When you're a club of Arsenal's size and based in massive capital city with above average wealth, you don't worry about such a collapse.

7k non-renewals is a drop in the ocean compared to those that would take their place.