Season ticket waiting list and prices

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
hugh jardon

Re: 3700 season ticket waiting list

Post by hugh jardon »

conor_arsenalfc wrote:I am 3700 and 3701 on the season ticket waiting list but have been offered to share a season ticket with someone next season. The problem is they need to know by tomorrow before the deadline for existing members. However, i do not want to say no and then not get offered a season ticket or say yes and be offered one. What do you think are the chances of getting a season ticket for next season are because i am worried about making the wrong decision.
I think you have a decent chance of being offered one through the club and as back up an almost certain chance of finding another ST to share, through this or other AFC fans websites. I've also seen several offered on twitter in recent days.

conor_arsenalfc

Post by conor_arsenalfc »

decided not to share ticket and will wait and see if arsenal offer me 2 season tickets. When do they finish offering season tickets for next season (also) is their a better chance of getting offered one in the upper tier anywhere between corner or halfway line than lower tier

J-Calli

Post by J-Calli »

conor_arsenalfc wrote:decided not to share ticket and will wait and see if arsenal offer me 2 season tickets. When do they finish offering season tickets for next season (also) is their a better chance of getting offered one in the upper tier anywhere between corner or halfway line than lower tier
I, like you Connor, i am in similar dilema.

I am 3,577 on the waiting list. Someone i know offered me a season ticket yesterday as they did not want to renew.

Difference with me is i just shelled out a load on a new car! :banghead: Hope i dont get offered one until 2013.

Keep this thread updated, it will be interesting to see if 1. their system works in chronolgical order and 2. whether 3,700 dont renew.

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

conor_arsenalfc wrote:decided not to share ticket and will wait and see if arsenal offer me 2 season tickets. When do they finish offering season tickets for next season (also) is their a better chance of getting offered one in the upper tier anywhere between corner or halfway line than lower tier
You probably did the right think mate. To be fair season ticket loans are getting offered out on a daily basis on twatter, forums and facebook, so if you dont get offered one im pretty sure you can find another loan somewhere.

Simon

Post by Simon »

May be worth bearing in mind that the club are probably going to claim the only season tickets available will be at the back of the Upper Tier behind the goals.

J-Calli

Post by J-Calli »

Simon wrote:May be worth bearing in mind that the club are probably going to claim the only season tickets available will be at the back of the Upper Tier behind the goals.
Your correct, at the cost of £1,423 ... no thanks - how did you know?

Well just to update this post for anyone on the waiting list i was 3,577 on the list and got offered a season ticket from Arsenal yesterday, finally.

Comes at a rotten time for me and they expect you to magic £1,000 + out of thin air just like that! If you dont accept, they remove you from the list.

Main seats are upper tier behind the goal (back 10 rows £1,150 / front rows £1,423), Upper tier in the corner they have a few at £1,322 and lower tier behind the goal right at the front where you can see sodd all through the net at £990.

With that being said i purchased a season ticket. After driving the lady round the bend i managed to get east stand lower tier block 15 :barscarf:

Now i can be as miserable as the rest of you that have season tickets :lol:

Simon

Post by Simon »

They always try to sell the Upper Tier behind the goal season tickets as these are seen by many as the least desirable, so these are usually available.

It should be a bit easier to get a ticket elsewhere in the stadium if you only need the one.

Well done on getting Block 15!

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

J-Calli wrote:
Simon wrote:May be worth bearing in mind that the club are probably going to claim the only season tickets available will be at the back of the Upper Tier behind the goals.
Your correct, at the cost of £1,423 ... no thanks - how did you know?

Well just to update this post for anyone on the waiting list i was 3,577 on the list and got offered a season ticket from Arsenal yesterday, finally.

Comes at a rotten time for me and they expect you to magic £1,000 + out of thin air just like that! If you dont accept, they remove you from the list.

Main seats are upper tier behind the goal (back 10 rows £1,150 / front rows £1,423), Upper tier in the corner they have a few at £1,322 and lower tier behind the goal right at the front where you can see sodd all through the net at £990.

With that being said i purchased a season ticket. After driving the lady round the bend i managed to get east stand lower tier block 15 :barscarf:

Now i can be as miserable as the rest of you that have season tickets :lol:
Well done mate :barscarf:

From reading on here your experience was quite typical, they offer only the most expensive upper tier tickets but if you stick to your guns it seems there are lower tier seats available!

Herd

Post by Herd »

Ring the club and ask ,they can only say no .
Unfortunately my old sources inside the Box Office no longer work there otherwise I'd try and help

Nikki86

Post by Nikki86 »

Hi I'm new here, so hopefully I post this in the right place ...

I've been on the season ticket waiting list for 6 years and I finally received an email from Arsenal yesterday saying they had a small allocation left.

I was looking for 2 tickets together and wanted lower tier but they only had singles. I kept ringing back to speak to someone different just in case I had dealt with a person who just couldn't be bothered to look properly. After 5 phone calls they all said they only had 2 tickets together in the upper tier, I opted for block 97 row 14, I know this is right under the screen but do any of you know if these are good seats?

I've looked at the seat view but I'm more concerned about the atmosphere!

I've wanted to be a season ticket holder for so long, I didn't want to miss this opportunity!

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Nikki86 wrote:Hi I'm new here, so hopefully I post this in the right place ...

I've been on the season ticket waiting list for 6 years and I finally received an email from Arsenal yesterday saying they had a small allocation left.

I was looking for 2 tickets together and wanted lower tier but they only had singles. I kept ringing back to speak to someone different just in case I had dealt with a person who just couldn't be bothered to look properly. After 5 phone calls they all said they only had 2 tickets together in the upper tier, I opted for block 97 row 14, I know this is right under the screen but do any of you know if these are good seats?

I've looked at the seat view but I'm more concerned about the atmosphere!

I've wanted to be a season ticket holder for so long, I didn't want to miss this opportunity!

Dont get these tickets then. Upper tier is shite mate. Say you want 2 singles in block 5 or 6 and dont care if there not together. As everyone stands in those blocks you can still plot togther no problem

Dont get uper or you will be stuck with them. At worst tell them you want to wait for lower

Nikki86

Post by Nikki86 »

They've only got singles in block 11 in the north end. I don't mind sitting by myself but my friend who is going to help pay for the second ticket wants seats together :?

Oh I don't know what to do, I don't really want to wait another season!

Is it easy to change seats at the end of the season?

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Nikki86 wrote:They've only got singles in block 11 in the north end. I don't mind sitting by myself but my friend who is going to help pay for the second ticket wants seats together :?

Oh I don't know what to do, I don't really want to wait another season!

Is it easy to change seats at the end of the season?
Its hard to move from upper to lower. But easy to move from 1 part of lower to another.

I wouldnt get upper tier season tickets , but thats just me.

Simon

Post by Simon »

Just to play devil's advocate and point out that Upper Tier tickets are not bad. The main problem is price. I've been in the lower tier plenty of times when the atmosphere has been dire. Also you will sometimes struggle to see as everyone rises to their feet when a ball gets close to the goal. The view from the seats in the last few rows of the Lower can seem a bit letterbox due to the overhang of Club Level.

In the Upper you usually get an excellent view from almost every seat (although once you get past about Row 14 the pitch seems quite distant.) You do however lack that feeling of closeness to the players. Atmosphere can be good in the Upper - but you have to make an effort and encourage everyone around you to do so too. I have also found that it is much quicker to exit the stadium from the Upper after the game.

If I was in your situation and you are adamant you do not want to be in the Upper, I would take two singles in the lower, preferably in the same block. Get friendly with the people around you and it should be possible to chop and change seats a lot of the time. At the end of next season during the renewal period ask the club to see if they can find you two tickets together.

Nikki86

Post by Nikki86 »

Ok I've gone for Block 9 row 2 & 4 (same seats), ridiculously close to the pitch but at least i'll be in the lower tier! :barscarf: