Season ticket waiting list and prices

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rich212

Re: Season ticket waiting list and prices

Post by rich212 »

Personally I think they should close the waiting list for a season or two and allow it to clear up a little bit. Also with the deferral list they should boot people off after 2 consecutive seasons of not renewing.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

MK Gould wrote:I haven't read all the pages in this thread so apologies if someone has already made the same point....

As a season ticket holder I kind of thought that I was immune to all the talk of £62 to get into category A games etc. But, for the first time in the 6 years I have had one, I decided to work out exactly what the saving was in having a season ticket rather than paying per game. It was supposed to put a smug look on my face....

Unfortunately, it did the opposite. It appears, according to my calculations, that season ticket holders effectively pay full price (including for category A games!) for 25 of the 26 home games a season. The "discount" equates (ALMOST!!!) to 1 category B game for free! This calculation assumes that the 7 cup games are all category B.

Of course there are benefits....not least that I buy enough away tickets to guarantee myself a cup final ticket should we ever get to one again! And I don't have the hassle (and extra charges) of havihing to go online to buy individual tickets for games.... Given the current state we are in though these do seem very small benefits indeed!!!!
Out of interest, did you factor in booking fees when buying individual tickets?

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

had a call, voicemail and email today from arsenal checking my details are the same and that i am still interested in purchasing a season ticket.

Thats great communication and a nice touch as i put my name down on the list in 2006 i believe.

should i tell them that i have actually been a season ticket holder all season as i bought one last july? :lol:

can i have two? :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Make sure you get those renewals sorted......this Summer he's going to spend BIG

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Big.............is not coming :lol: :lol:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:Make sure you get those renewals sorted......this Summer he's going to spend BIG
Indeed. Klopp's going to bring Reus, Gundogan and Hummels with him :lol: :lol: :lol:

If not then it'll be Simeone with Costa, Villa and Turan :barscarf:

:( :( :(

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

BournemouthRED wrote:
Den10kamp wrote:i was 37000 when i joined it in 2006, im now 17000 ive never been offered one and to be fair i will only take lower tier as upper tier is atrocious, when i applied i intended for a lower tier and its also alot easier to get on the pitch when we we reach that point of full on protest.
Mate I joined in late 2006, was 40odd thousand when I joined and am now 17300k on the list.

I got offered one in July!

The st list is a joke, they just make it up as they go along!
They do seem to make it up aswell, i been on list about 4 years and dropped about 8000 places in the first few yearsm This season i dropped 2000 places, Makes no sense at all, I have also heard of people as low down as 25k being offered them and then others way less than that who havent

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

so the club lost 20,000 ST holders since 2006.

or a third of the crowd....

I wonder how many of those ST's were long time ST's at The Home of Football ?

quite a lot i'd reckon - 75% maybe ?

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Mate of mine is 19000 on the list and got a call today offering him a seat :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ryanswannell

Post by Ryanswannell »

Eboue-Why? wrote:Mate of mine is 19000 on the list and got a call today offering him a seat :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd tell them to shove it up Wenger's arse.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Just got a weird email saying they tried to contact me today about my position on the waiting list, can I call them back :? :? Are they putting feelers out already? In April?

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Dan_85 wrote:Just got a weird email saying they tried to contact me today about my position on the waiting list, can I call them back :? :? Are they putting feelers out already? In April?
yeah they are currently approaching people on the list mate. if like me you only wanted one in the lower tier then don't take no for an answer, the good thing about being contacted early is you should have your pick of the seats :barscarf:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

BournemouthRED wrote:
Dan_85 wrote:Just got a weird email saying they tried to contact me today about my position on the waiting list, can I call them back :? :? Are they putting feelers out already? In April?
yeah they are currently approaching people on the list mate. if like me you only wanted one in the lower tier then don't take no for an answer, the good thing about being contacted early is you should have your pick of the seats :barscarf:
How can they offer seats in April when they have no idea who will or won't renew in June? Mental. Anyway in typical AFC fashion they insisted I call them back immediately, belled them within 5 mins of getting the email & they've all fucked off home for the day :lol:

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Dan_85 wrote:
BournemouthRED wrote:
How can they offer seats in April when they have no idea who will or won't renew in June? Mental. Anyway in typical AFC fashion they insisted I call them back immediately, belled them within 5 mins of getting the email & they've all fucked off home for the day :lol:
I think are basically getting an idea who's interested, last season i think 1 in 5 only took up the offer so they are preempting it and gauging who's actually serious. in arsenals defence they mustve wasted a lot of time and effort waiting to hear back from people who had no interest of actually buying a season ticket.

I think its a good decision to try and weed out the non serious people and avoid a lot hassle and season tickets being offered in september (like my mate did last season as we were about to board the plane to vegas at heathrow :lol: )

I always find with arsenal, the first person you speak to is really unhelpful and then the second time you call back you get through to a really sound and more than helpful staff member, they must have two shifts or something :lol:

Damien

Post by Damien »

I got this e-mail as well! They just confirmed my contract details and that was that. They did ask if I was still interested so they may be pre-screening the list. :rubchin:

Where are you on the list? I got excited thinking I was being offered one but I am 21,000k on the list. Trying to work out if they contracted everyone or just people that might be up for a seat offer this season depending on how the renewal and take-up goes this season.

Also where can I find a list of prices for season tickets. It's surprisingly difficult. How much is lower tier at the half-way line, towards the middle or back? How much are the half-way line tickets in the upper tier? Anyone know? :|

(Also, hello. First post and all that :barscarf: )