Season ticket waiting list and prices

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Dan_85

Re: Season ticket waiting list and prices

Post by Dan_85 »

Damien wrote:
Dan_85 wrote:Just got a weird email saying they tried to contact me today about my position on the waiting list, can I call them back :? :? Are they putting feelers out already? In April?
I got this e-mail as well! They just confirmed my contract details and that was that. They did ask if I was still interested so they may be pre-screening the list. :rubchin:

Where are you on the list? I got excited thinking I was being offered one but I am 21,000k on the list. Trying to work out if they contracted everyone or just people that might be up for a seat offer this season depending on how the renewal and take-up goes this season.

Also where can I find a list of prices for season tickets. It's surprisingly difficult. How much is lower tier at the half-way line, towards the middle or back? How much are the half-way line tickets in the upper tier? Anyone know? :|

(Also, hello. First post and all that :barscarf: )
I'm also about 21k on the list. Interestingly I rung the number in the email about 8 times over a period of three days and only ever got through to an answering machine :? Can't have been that important. Anyway I checked all my contact detail in my account area on the ticket hub and they're all up to date, not really sure what they were playing at.

My guess is, like you say, they're pre-screening. Trying to work out who's serious about taking up the offer so they don't have to call up the timewasters in the summer. For what it's worth, I think us and people probably up to about 25k will get the call this summer. No idea what i'm gonna do because I can't really afford even the cheapest ST right now, i'm sure as fuck gonna make them sell it to me over the phone though :lol: Come on you fuckers, convince me why I should part with over a grand!

Damien

Post by Damien »

Dan_85 wrote:I'm also about 21k on the list. Interestingly I rung the number in the email about 8 times over a period of three days and only ever got through to an answering machine :? Can't have been that important. Anyway I checked all my contact detail in my account area on the ticket hub and they're all up to date, not really sure what they were playing at.

My guess is, like you say, they're pre-screening. Trying to work out who's serious about taking up the offer so they don't have to call up the timewasters in the summer. For what it's worth, I think us and people probably up to about 25k will get the call this summer. No idea what i'm gonna do because I can't really afford even the cheapest ST right now, i'm sure as fuck gonna make them sell it to me over the phone though :lol: Come on you fuckers, convince me why I should part with over a grand!
Yes it will be interesting to see what happens. I wonder if I would be that interested in a season ticket if I were a Silver Member but I am a long, long time away from that so a season ticket is my best bet. I'll keep this thread updated if I am offered anything as I imagine the rest of us will be getting one soon too. Keep trying the number btw. You might find out more information. :-P

Also need to find out the prices for different areas of the ground so I can have a better idea where I would want to ask to sit.... :rubchin:

gooner4life14

Post by gooner4life14 »

1st post Newbie HI GUYS :banner: I just signed up on the ST waiting list (im a silver atm) and I am 50,532. A long wait potentially but we will see. Just wanted to update on the current length of the list :D . I waited 9 years for Red to Silver.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

1st post Newbie HI GUYS :banner: I just signed up on the ST waiting list (im a silver atm) and I am 50,532. A long wait potentially but we will see. Just wanted to update on the current length of the list :D . I waited 9 years for Red to Silver.

Don't worry mate, I would be fairly sure you will be offered one within two years!!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

if the decline on the pitch continues then the season ticket will be pointless.

as it is as a red member I can go to any game I want to - and I have even been easily able to get a ticket for the semi final.

I could go on the season ticket list but I really can't face going to see Giroud playing up front week in week out.
It would make me even more annoyed than i already am.

jacko-arsnl2

Post by jacko-arsnl2 »

I'm 22,000 in the list
Just had a phone call from arsenal wanting to make sure my details are up to date and saying i will probably get offered a ST in the next 1-3 seasons and just wanted to check i was still interested.

I reckon give it 4 weeks and they will call again offering 1

Damien

Post by Damien »

So what are the prices for various places in the stadium?

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Gunner Rob wrote:as it is as a red member I can go to any game I want to - and I have even been easily able to get a ticket for the semi final.
Ditto. I've been to any and every game I want to in recent years by picking up tickets either through official channels such as the online ticket hub, ticket exchange etc or through unofficial channels like here or Twitter. I've missed only about 5 home games in the last 5 years and haven't sat upper tier for maybe 2 years. Nine times out of ten, ticket exchange allows me to pick up a ticket in my preferred area of blocks 5-7. I've been to numerous away games both domestic and european that officially never went anywhere near a Red sale and of course I got a ticket for the semi final with no problem.

The benefits of an ST decline at the same rate as the team. The shitter we get, the less valuable an ST is. The only real benefit of having an ST appears to be for cup finals and those have been rarer than rocking horse shit for us in recent years.

North-Bank-1987

Post by North-Bank-1987 »

My bro just signed me up as I had to give back the one I was renting last season, my position is 50530 something. I hope is isn't too long a wait. I only want it for the away games and the possibility of being on the lower tier. I get to enough games on my silver which has only just turned from red this season. I got my red membership in April 2004 the year we went on to win the league unbeaten, I think it was just as they were changing it from the old TRS. The most annoying thing is the away scheme was still open then, I remember getting an application form but never sent the bastard thing off! Now I've got to pay over £1k just to be able to build credits. :banghead:

valdemordor

Post by valdemordor »

I've got the call today. They've been trying to contact me for a week but I didn't have my phone with me every time they called me.

Anyways, they just wanted to know if all my details are up to date and asked if I'm still interested. I'm 21000 on the list and when I asked if I might be offered a season ticket for the next season they said that's unlikely :( :( 2 or 3 more seasons at least.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

valdemordor wrote: I'm 21000 on the list and when I asked if I might be offered a season ticket for the next season they said that's unlikely :( :( 2 or 3 more seasons at least.
I would hope it's true, i'm a similar position on the list and can't fucking afford it this summer :lol: But I don't know why they would call people out of the kindness of their heart to check their contact details if they're not gonna be offered one for another 3 years :?

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Benefits...? Not having to chance your arm when the tickets come on sale or via ticket exchange. Seeing the same familiar faces around you each time you go (I guess this could also be a negative!). Being able to sell your ticket to friends and/or ticket exchange, so you don't really need to be able to afford to pay for a whole one. And, of course, a guaranteed cup final ticket (unless you are mug enough not to maintain the requisite 3 away credits...).

For me it's the latter one that is the big draw... Even in this fairly barren period we've still been in 3 cup finals and silver/red members won't get a look in now that they are being held at Wembley. And it would have been a very close call for the semi's if we'd been forced to stick with the standard 32000 allocation (another 2 appearances). So at the least, the season ticket assures me of a ticket for a match every 18 months/2 years that I would probably have little chance of getting from other sources.

valdemordor

Post by valdemordor »

Dan_85 wrote:
valdemordor wrote: I'm 21000 on the list and when I asked if I might be offered a season ticket for the next season they said that's unlikely :( :( 2 or 3 more seasons at least.
I would hope it's true, i'm a similar position on the list and can't fucking afford it this summer :lol: But I don't know why they would call people out of the kindness of their heart to check their contact details if they're not gonna be offered one for another 3 years :?

Put it that way, you might be lucky, I'm really disappointed tho. I thought I'd be offered one this season and I know it's still soon and no one knows what will happen, but I guess 21000 on the list is still a pretty high number :| :|

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Damien wrote:So what are the prices for various places in the stadium?
Don't think anyone has answered your question yet, and I can kind of understand why... Even as a season ticket holder I'm not 100% sure what I pay. Ok, there is the basic price but then you get the adjustment for the previous season i.e. a refund if we've played less than 7 home cup games, or an additional charge if we've played more. So what you pay is often nothing like the underlying cost of the following season alone e.g. around £900 for me in the family enclosure.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

If There's Only One pisses off then all the JCLs who thought the club was formed in 1996 will soon abandon their seats