Bergkamp to Swansea?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Bergkamp to Swansea?

Post by OneBardGooner »

QuartzGooner wrote:Might be a good thing if he takes the job.

He has been a coach at Ajax, but not a manager.

Some time managing at Swansea would I think be useful learning and preparation for him taking over from Wenger at some point.
:D :D :D :high5: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

I wonder what's Welsh for

"We've Got Denis Bergkamp" :rubchin: :? :wink:

(Google says it's "Rydym wedi Dennis Bergkamp Got" 8) :barscarf:

ps: To any detractor's of DB10 (not the Oirish one either!) going to Swansea, Look! the Pope needs four blokes to carry him around in that chair/sedan thing...Whilst Bergkamp walks on water and scored the Best Goals EVER!! So Feck Off!. :banghead:

He'd be given a Standing Ovation at the bowl...and anyone who didn't join in would be seen for what they really are a
Moronic *word censored*. :box:

simples :wink:

ForeverRed

Post by ForeverRed »

Fucking hate Swansea. Hope they do a rangers :censored:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

sorry OneBard, I don't think they speak welsh anymore :rubchin:

in fact I think most celts lost their native language long ago, thanks to us 8)

T.S

Post by T.S »

From a mate of mine who is a big Swansea fan.
Can't see it mate, it all started from a post on the swansea forum, admittedly from a guy who usually gets things right but the forum seems to be playing a bit of a game in seeing who they can get to favourite each day. An old photo of Desailly at the stadium was enough to nearly make him fav on Sunday, most of the rumours Sky pick up are based on the bookies odds, which seem to be based on the planetswans forum. But it would be interesting if this one were true!
So, it's almost certainly bollocks. Can't say I'm too disappointed by that. I'm much happier for him to be getting experience at Ajax while Wenger keeps his seat warm 8)

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:sorry OneBard, I don't think they speak welsh anymore :rubchin:

in fact I think most celts lost their native language long ago, thanks to us 8)
your right go south of Carmarthen and you will hardly find any welsh people speaking welsh, Swansea, Cardiff etc, etc is English speaking

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Might be a decent chance for him to test his mettle, could be a future candidate for the manager's job here although it should be on merit rather than legendary status (ask Liverpool fans).

Interesting point about flying to away games though, very difficult to see how he could get round that as manager of a top club.

ForeverRed

Post by ForeverRed »

it was started on the planet swans forum

tel

Post by tel »

It must be just me who doesn't fancy DB10 taking over one day. I'm very uncomfortable with club legends taking over because if it goes tits up.......besides he'd never be able to manage a team playing away in Europe. When Wenger does go I'd like a proven quality manager who has done it at the highest level, Dennis is nowhere near that level yet. I'll stick to watching his goals and assists thanks.

manninger

Post by manninger »

Can you have a manager, who is afraid off flying?

If you play in Greece, it is a hell of a drive.....

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

ForeverRed wrote:it was started on the planet swans forum
Funny if true :lol:

I'm convinced that Adrian Durham on talksport :blah: :blah: :blah: gets lots of his anti Arsenal stuff from logging on here 'cause some of the stuff we debate gets talked about a day or so later on his showpiece the daily arsenal :roll:

He even had Szezney's goal at the training ground up on the website the day after it was on here.