Euro 2012

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
armchair

Re: Euro 2012

Post by armchair »

Fuck off. This thread is about the euros.
Start another thread if you wanna have a row about shite. :roll:

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

DB10GOONER wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:I was not racist. I expressed my personal experience of the Irish. I did not state any facts, other than those that are so. i.e the Irish are a drain on the British (we have bailed Ireland out of financial trouble as part of the EU). You posted an insulting and inflammatory warning. I responded with a tongue-in-cheek response which you should have seen the humour in. You subsequently sent me PMs stating that I was a racist, and that you would ban me at any opportunity. I dis-proved your claims that I was racist by PM. You then brought up the claims again in this thread. I responded. If you continue to make false claims, I won't let that continue. As always, you give one side to the story. I was happy for this to stay on PM. You couldn't help yourself. I can see that you are trying to set me up for a ban. If you want to ban me, you will. You have stated that you have GoonerEd's backing. Fine. I fail to see what this is all about. There is plenty of banter on this Forum, including sterotypes of the English (EDL Followers, rapists and murderers...."Engerland", hooligans). People from Brazil and Thailand are bantered for the "ladyboys" that supposedly dominate the nation. Diaby and Song are ridiculed for being "thick".... I know what the connotations are from these claims, so don't deny them. We could go on for hours. In essence, I have put forward some strong views, which you disagree with. They are not racist, but you claim they are. Personal grievance by PM is now in the open as a result of your further posts in this thread.

I'm happy to go back to PM.
Firstly, you don't seem to understand what racism is. You seem to think you can basically say what you like about a race and that's fine as you didn't state that those comments were facts?! Are you really that badly educated or socially unaware? Really? I cannot believe in this day and age that someone cannot understand what is racist and what is not.

At it's most basic, written racism is presenting comment about a clearly identified race that stereotypes all people of that race in a negative manner. Your comments WERE RACIST. Do you understand?

Now you are trying to deflect attention from yourself by implying that anyone that commented on Song and Diaby as "thick" are racist? You read comments about their footballing skills and assume they are racially motivated? How?! Why?! That really says a whole lot more about the way you view them than the way anyone else does.

Don't know why you mentioned GoonerEd in this. He doesn't own the Gooner. I ran your comments by Mike Francis who owns the Gooner and he fully supported my stand on the issue.

Now, you have threatened to have the Gooner forum shut down. I think you better clarify that comment because if you are serious about that then I will be banning you. We do not accept threats of any kind on here. The choice is yours. Decide.
My experience of the Irish people I have met being feckless and arrogant and loud-mouths..... Can that be racist? For one, I did not state that all Irish people are anything. I stated what I had found the Irish people I have met to be. That's fine in my book. I commented that this was just my personal experience. I didn't state a sweeping fact. I described my experience. You might not like that, but I don't care what you think. I also stated that the Irish are a drain on England. You claimed by PM that this was racist. How? The UK bailed out Ireland to the tune of Billions. FACT. I think you're the one that doesn't understand racism. You are failing to look at the actual words i wrote. All you have idenitifed is that I am not a fan of the Irish, and you as an Irishman object to that. This isn't about racism. This is about you hearing something you didn't like.
No, what you actually wrote was;

"My experience of the Irish is that they are are largely feckless, arrogant, un-trustworthy cretins"

I do not see where you have qualified that by saying anything about "the ones you've met".

The drain on England comment? In your original post you mentioned nothing about bail outs. You just stated "The Irish are nothing but a drain on England."

These comments followed your petulant little tirade about how you were sick of the Irish etc. Your comments were sweeping generalisations, motivated by racial hate. Like most people that spout racist filth you see nothing wrong in what you've said.

Now I am done discussing what you wrote, we have all seen what you wrote. Clarify your threat to have the forum shut down. You have made the threat. Do you stand by that?
My experience...... I have had an experience to form an opinion... I met those people. I don't need to write ad finitum about the experiences I have had. The problem with your post is that there is so much based on your own pre-conception, beliefs and assumptions about me. The drain on England comment sums it up for me. I made that comment. You have assumed what it refers to. I can tell you that it refers to the EU. You assume it means something else. What did you (wrongly) assume I was referring to? Your whole post and argument is a joke. I am literally picking it to pieces in front of your eyes. And yet you simply a digging a massive hole to hide in because you have called me a racist and now you can't back down. BTW. Take a look at the Kalou thread with its references to the Jungle Book. Take a look at the Song thread and read comments about "Cameroon buffoons". What you have done is take the moral highground over a simple post that was lambasting the OTT coverage of Irish support. I have a different experience of the Irish, but not being from Ireland I certainly didn't claim that the whole of Ireland was anything like my experience. Just reading through this Forum i can see a multitude of close to the bone posts.

Back off.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

frankbutcher wrote:
My experience...... I have had an experience to form an opinion... I met those people. I don't need to write ad finitum about the experiences I have had. The problem with your post is that there is so much based on your own pre-conception, beliefs and assumptions about me. The drain on England comment sums it up for me. I made that comment. You have assumed what it refers to. I can tell you that it refers to the EU. You assume it means something else. What did you (wrongly) assume I was referring to? Your whole post and argument is a joke. I am literally picking it to pieces in front of your eyes. And yet you simply a digging a massive hole to hide in because you have called me a racist and now you can't back down. BTW. Take a look at the Kalou thread with its references to the Jungle Book. Take a look at the Song thread and read comments about "Cameroon buffoons". What you have done is take the moral highground over a simple post that was lambasting the OTT coverage of Irish support. I have a different experience of the Irish, but not being from Ireland I certainly didn't claim that the whole of Ireland was anything like my experience. Just reading through this Forum i can see a multitude of close to the bone posts.

Back off.
One more time then; I am done discussing what you wrote, we have all seen what you wrote. Clarify your threat to have the forum shut down. You have made the threat. Do you stand by that threat?

armchair

Post by armchair »

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

DB10GOONER wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:

Back off.
One more time then; I am done discussing what you wrote, we have all seen what you wrote. Clarify your threat to have the forum shut down. You have made the threat. Do you stand by that threat?
That's like asking me if I'm going to report you to the police. It depends if you're going to commit a crime against me. For me to answer the question, you have to answer my question. Are you going to continue to libel me?

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Can't help but feel I'm somehow responsible for this...

Gerrard is a filthy scouse *word censored*, ok? :wink:

hope thats not racist

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

frankbutcher wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:

Back off.
That's like asking me if I'm going to report you to the police. It depends if you're going to commit a crime against me. For me to answer the question, you have to answer my question. Are you going to continue to libel me?
You were not libeled. You made racist comments and you've been warned about them. I will continue to call your comments exactly what they were; racist. Is that clear enough for you? Now, clarify the threat.

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

DB10GOONER wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:

Back off.
You were not libeled. You made racist comments and you've been warned about them. I will continue to call your comments exactly what they were; racist. Is that clear enough for you? Now, clarify the threat.
Stop being silly. The site will now hear from my lawyers.

Bye.

armchair

Post by armchair »

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

frankbutcher wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:

Back off.
Stop being silly. The site will now hear from my lawyers.

Bye.
I'm sure they will. In whatever little world it is you live in, mate. You are banned.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

burns718

Post by burns718 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:

Back off.

DB10 i have to say from what i have read i think you have massively overreacted and frankbutcher is very much entitled to his view on the Irish based on his personal experiences!
Nothing he has said has been racist, surely by the fact that you have been the only person offended by anything said should suggest to you that you've misinterpreted comments by frankbutcher and taken offense where offense shouldn't be taken!

armchair

Post by armchair »

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

he made a threat against the forum, of course he should be banned!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

burns718 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:

Back off.

DB10 i have to say from what i have read i think you have massively overreacted and frankbutcher is very much entitled to his view on the Irish based on his personal experiences!
Nothing he has said has been racist, surely by the fact that you have been the only person offended by anything said should suggest to you that you've misinterpreted comments by frankbutcher and taken offense where offense shouldn't be taken!
Firstly - No, what he wrote was racist. He made sweeping racial stereotypical comments. If the word "Irish" had been replaced with the word "Black" would you have still found his comments acceptable?

Secondly, I did not ban him for that. I warned him for it originally. He made threats. That is what he was banned for. We do not accept threats of any kind from anyone on here.