THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by BFG4 »

For those who are delusional enough to think that Wenger will have an epiphany and make several world class signings, well yesterday was a sign of things to come. Next season will see Giroud miss more sitters, Ramsey will be ineffective as usual, and as for signings, we will sign no one, or rather no one who will improve the team. Wanker will again claim the likes of Giroud, Ramsey, Coquelin etc. are world class. The only transfer news involving the club, will be Sanchez and Ozil leaving the club.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

cameron326 wrote:Too many still can't look at the situation dispassionately. Let's take them at their word:

Wenger built the Emirates almost single-handedly.
Arsenal were basically a small time, mid-table club with the occasional cup win here and there before Wenger arrived.
Arsenal would be on a level with Villa, Everton, Spurs etc if not for Wenger.
Finishing in the top 4 every season (while almost never actually challenging for the title) is still an immense achievement.
Wenger is the greatest manager in Arsenal's history.
Most clubs would kill to be in Arsenal's position.

Ther's some truth to each point, and also a generous heaping of falsehood, but ok, whatever: I bow down to his majesty.

But the question that all the above remains unanswered is the only one that matters: Is he the best man for the job Right Now?
Can he build another title winning team?

The last twelve years is fairly emphatic in answering that question.

I wanted Klopp as I sincerely believe he could have built a title winning side at Arsenal within two or three years, and all the whining "so ungrateful" artcicles/blog comments in the world won't convince me that that is wrong.
Because Wenger is never going to build a title winning team, and so his being in the job merely delays, temporarily at least, Arsenal progressing to the next step - which is what we left Highbury for -surely - constant on the pitch success. The £1500 season tickets and global fanbase (read "top 4") were not meant to be an end in themselves.

My loyalty is to Arsenal Football Club, not to Wenger, however great/legendary/generous/selfless he may or may not have been. As such, I want the best man in the most important position in the club and, right now, that simply isn't Arsene Wenger.

The Arsenal club are massive, fantastic tradition one of the biggest clubs in the World.....Fuck Man utd Liverpool and Spurs all been in old second division in living memory....thats why we have all these tourists and corporate flooding the Emirates

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

BFG4 wrote:For those who are delusional enough to think that Wenger will have an epiphany and make several world class signings, well yesterday was a sign of things to come. Next season will see Giroud miss more sitters, Ramsey will be ineffective as usual, and as for signings, we will sign no one, or rather no one who will improve the team. Wanker will again claim the likes of Giroud, Ramsey, Coquelin etc. are world class. The only transfer news involving the club, will be Sanchez and Ozil leaving the club.
Fine, so be it then. Teams are getting stronger and any half decent manager knows how to beat/keep out Wengers teams. We will slip further & further down until finally EVERYBODY wants him out. I reckon it will take until the middle of the 3rd season. He is a fraud, a prick and he is a crap manager, stuck in the 90's. Every young manager coming up on the rails is going to show him up. Bring it, we'll just have to wait. I hope next year is a fucking calamitous season, from start to finish. I hope Sanchez and Ozil leave early doors, let the shit start before the season even starts.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BFG4 wrote:For those who are delusional enough to think that Wenger will have an epiphany and make several world class signings, well yesterday was a sign of things to come. Next season will see Giroud miss more sitters, Ramsey will be ineffective as usual, and as for signings, we will sign no one, or rather no one who will improve the team. Wanker will again claim the likes of Giroud, Ramsey, Coquelin etc. are world class. The only transfer news involving the club, will be Sanchez and Ozil leaving the club.

Oh yeah project Wenger will go on i think he will stay a few years yet, he is not going to let anyone else in to spend all the money and get the glory...he is now taking the piss out of the fans, saying he was warned there would be protesters in the ground (protesters as if detached from real fans)
and then explained it as "disappointed love".....

Always knew he was a patronising condescending and arrogant man

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

It will be fascinating as we know Arteta, Flamini, and Mert are going, and possibly 2 or 3 from Ox, Theo, Campbell, Sanchez and Ozil.
So that's 5 at least, maybe 6
Sanogo will be back again, as will Jenkinson, but that leaves 4 places in an already weak squad.
I wonder if it feels now is the time to reintroduce his Chambers at centre half project, v Man City.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:
It will be fascinating as we know Arteta, Flamini, and Mert are going, and possibly 2 or 3 from Ox, Theo, Campbell, Sanchez and Ozil.
So that's 5 at least, maybe 6
Sanogo will be back again, as will Jenkinson, but that leaves 4 places in an already weak squad.
I wonder if it feels now is the time to reintroduce his Chambers at centre half project, v Man City.
Wishire (briefly) & Carzola will also be back so we'll have more than enough. Giroud to lead the line with Wellbek and Sanogo as back up.... I hope we lose every fucking game.

markyp

Post by markyp »

I can honestly say that after yesterdays protest was followed by a chorus 'of theres only one' I am looking forward to the next year or so of Wenkers reign just to see us slip further and further behind and make all those window lickers look like an even bigger bunch of krunts than they already are,bring it on,i cant wait to be scrapping for Europa qualification this time next year.sad isn't it when the only joy you get out of your football club is seeing it going tits up just to prove you were right all along that wenker was finished years ago

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

markyp wrote:I can honestly say that after yesterdays protest was followed by a chorus 'of theres only one' I am looking forward to the next year or so of Wenkers reign just to see us slip further and further behind and make all those window lickers look like an even bigger bunch of krunts than they already are,bring it on,i cant wait to be scrapping for Europa qualification this time next year.sad isn't it when the only joy you get out of your football club is seeing it going tits up just to prove you were right all along that wenker was finished years ago
You've nailed it, I feel exactly the same way. I hope we fall through the fucking floor, figuratively speaking of course, I don't want to see us relegated. I hope we lurch from one calamity to the next and tumble down the league. I hope that prick Mourinho goes to Man.U as well, there's a guaranteed 6 points gone, another 6 at Chelsea, another 5 or 6 at spurs...... looking great huh???

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

interesting to see how the media reported protest events at Everton and Arsenal, seems to be very sympathetic to Everton fans, but laughing at the Arsenal protest

Around 100 Everton fans stayed behind after the home game to protest

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

From Oliver Holt on twitter: "spoiled little rich boys complaining because their pricey season tickets haven't bought them the title doesn't do it for me".
These journalist seem to be resembling Wenger in their level of arrogance :banghead:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

From Oliver Holt on twitter: "spoiled little rich boys complaining because their pricey season tickets haven't bought them the title doesn't do it for me".
These journalist seem to be resembling Wenger in their level of arrogance :banghead:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

BFG4 wrote:From Oliver Holt on twitter: "spoiled little rich boys complaining because their pricey season tickets haven't bought them the title doesn't do it for me".
Showing how stupid they are, because it's not about 'buying' the title. ___ (insert your won swear word) morons. :banghead:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Holt is a fuckwit, ignore his waffle.

T.S

Post by T.S »

Here's the thing: this thread was started eight years ago. Go back and read the first few posts.

Let that sink in. Fans (and I include myself in this) started suggesting that Wenger needs to be given "one more year" eight years ago.

This whole debate gets diluted when you make it too complex. so let's keep it simple;

If Arsene Wenger had been manager of Leicester City at the start of the season, do you think he would have got them to where they are? If your answer is "yes" you are lying to yourself.

If your answer is "no" then you've arrived at your moment of enlightenment. If he was going to win us the league again he would have done it by now.

So, if we take it that he will not win us the league again, then what is the point of keeping him? Change is needed, but not yet? I do not understand that at all.

Sure, objectively speaking our club is in a good position compared to most others, but don't forget, our fans pay the highest prices in world football. We were promised that our brand new stadium would allow us to compete with Europe's elite.

Does keeping a manager who no longer has what it takes to win the league show a level of ambition that is in proportion with the price of the tickets? Are we really competing with Europe's elite?

Breaking up is hard and oftentimes scary, but the longer we wait to do it, the more of the club's time and the fan's money gets wasted.

markyp

Post by markyp »

casgooner wrote:
BFG4 wrote:From Oliver Holt on twitter: "spoiled little rich boys complaining because their pricey season tickets haven't bought them the title doesn't do it for me".
Showing how stupid they are, because it's not about 'buying' the title. ___ (insert your won swear word) morons. :banghead:
what pisses me off the most is that the journos all miss the point,its not like we are moaning because of 1 bad season a la chavs,utd,city,liverpool which apparently they all had the right too we are pissed off with 12 seasons of mediocrity,fucking 12!!! why is it ok for supporters of other big clubs to moan and not us?i tell you why its because Wenger has dragged down the expectations of Arsenal so much that anything looks like a big acheivment and the journos and AKBS all buy into it,its pathetic,12 years of this shit and they have the cheek to tell us to shup up,WTF ,absolutely unbelievable :shock: