THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Bradywasking »

Clash wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:Just saw on Sky website that Arsenal would be Champions if shots against the post or crossbar counted as goals...So another trophy for Arsene's Arsenal, hope this one is made out of wood rather than silver. .
If lamposts counted as centre forwards we'd have won the CL as well.

I thank God every day that Sky came and saved football. How did we cope without their in-depth analysis of the game ?!
Yes. There was no football pre Sky..Love their pointless exercise of picking a starting line up from two teams playing each other..

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Clash wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:Just saw on Sky website that Arsenal would be Champions if shots against the post or crossbar counted as goals...So another trophy for Arsene's Arsenal, hope this one is made out of wood rather than silver. .
If lamposts counted as centre forwards we'd have won the CL as well.

I thank God every day that Sky came and saved football. How did we cope without their in-depth analysis of the game ?!
Yes. There was no football pre Sky..Love their pointless exercise of picking a starting line up from two teams playing each other..
Or comparing players by using their ratings on football manager :oops:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
:lol: :oops:

SlySports really have become the tele-visual embodiment of the tabloid newspaper, haven't they? Another story from nothing.

If this, if that.... :roll: If my auntie had two tiny testicles and microscopic nub for a cock she'd be SPUDMASHER. :D :wink:

True, but as it is all she has is two cúnts.......and one of them is you! :lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
:lol: :oops:

SlySports really have become the tele-visual embodiment of the tabloid newspaper, haven't they? Another story from nothing.

If this, if that.... :roll: If my auntie had two tiny testicles and microscopic nub for a cock she'd be SPUDMASHER. :D :wink:

True, but as it is all she has is two *word censored*.......and one of them is you! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop it, Auntie Spuddy - you are upsetting me. And by "upsetting" I mean giving me the horn. :shock:

:D :wink:

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

Özil has apparently repeated his comments from March again. Message seems to be quite clear, we were not good enough and we need stronger (better) players next season to compete. Uncle Arse won't be happy about this me thinks... :barscarf:

http://www.football365.com/news/mesut-o ... -as-a-team

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:Özil has apparently repeated his comments from March again. Message seems to be quite clear, we were not good enough and we need stronger (better) players next season to compete. Uncle Arse won't be happy about this me thinks... :barscarf:

won't be happy and of course just does the opposite so as to prove his £8 million a year salary

Goose

Post by Goose »

Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:Özil has apparently repeated his comments from March again. Message seems to be quite clear, we were not good enough and we need stronger (better) players next season to compete. Uncle Arse won't be happy about this me thinks... :barscarf:

He may have won titles and the World cup but i don't value Ozil's opinion because he has not worked 30 years in football :roll:

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

The question is have the club learnt anything from the RVP debacle?, such as dont allow a player to go under 24 months on his contract.
RVP went for about £10m below his true value, if they allow Ozil or Sanchez to go until summer 2017, they then hold the balance of power, along with the club that wants them.
I have a feeling Wenger will see it as an embarrassment if either are sold this window, so he will hold on to them, telling everyone he strongly believes they will extend contracts next summer.... they wont, and hopefully neither will he.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:The question is have the club learnt anything from the RVP debacle?, such as dont allow a player to go under 24 months on his contract.
RVP went for about £10m below his true value, if they allow Ozil or Sanchez to go until summer 2017, they then hold the balance of power, along with the club that wants them.
I have a feeling Wenger will see it as an embarrassment if either are sold this window, so he will hold on to them, telling everyone he strongly believes they will extend contracts next summer.... they wont, and hopefully neither will he.
of course they might consider staying if he fucks off next summer

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Chelsea will be stronger. Manchester City will represent an entirely different proposition. Tottenham will look to kick on further.Something has to give at Arsenal.

Leicester are champions. Jurgen Klopp's first full season at Liverpool could be dangerous. West Ham and Southampton will strengthen again this summer.

Every journo seems to know what is going to happen, what needs to happen at all the contending clubs. Except of course at our little club where we will have to wait & see what the fuck Wenger decides to do. He is staying of course, that's a given, but what else is he gonna do?? My guess is fuck around a leetle in the market, offloading some of the shite in exchange for some cheaper shite and then basically see how it goes from there.......

Exciting times ahead, can't wait.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:Chelsea will be stronger. Manchester City will represent an entirely different proposition. Tottenham will look to kick on further.Something has to give at Arsenal.

Leicester are champions. Jurgen Klopp's first full season at Liverpool could be dangerous. West Ham and Southampton will strengthen again this summer.

Every journo seems to know what is going to happen, what needs to happen at all the contending clubs. Except of course at our little club where we will have to wait & see what the fuck Wenger decides to do. He is staying of course, that's a given, but what else is he gonna do?? My guess is fuck around a leetle in the market, offloading some of the shite in exchange for some cheaper shite and then basically see how it goes from there.......

Exciting times ahead, can't wait.

Fans are happy stan is happy.... :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

TO1AW rung loudly around the souls bowl on Sunday....our fans are shit

armchair

Post by armchair »

supergeorgegraham wrote:We can't sum up this season and Wengers record without looking at our players..............

Nobody on here will say that Sanchez and Ozil are bad buys but they both had medium seasons especially Sanchez................

Mind you I'm not talking about them it's really all about the players he has invested time and money in................

You can add Ox Chamberlain to the club as well but Theo showed a lack of everything this season when we needed him..................

That's how I see it the boss was shafted from certain players.
You forgot to blame the fans mate. Dont forget it was the nasty fans not getting behind the team.

It cant have anything at all to do with Wenger not strengthening the outfield squad over two windows. No. Not at all, its the players.
Of course it is.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Excellent! Yet another VT! :barscarf:

markyp

Post by markyp »

apparently if we hadn't let in as many goals we'd also be champions,so many positives from this season,also if my aunty had bollox she's be my uncle :shock: