THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
supergeorgegraham wrote:
TeeCee wrote:Once Kranky has got his money back that he initially invested, he could sell. He's a moneymaker and if he can make a billion profit he will. The big question is, who would buy? Is Usmanov still interested at 1 to 1.5billion £?? :?
Sadly he never sells his clubs. Kronke has become very powerful in Sport. There is an article on him in the Mail Online today.
5 years ago I looked into Stan Kroenke and realised he was the biggest problem by far at Arsenal.
Wenger remains the "short term" problem but Kroenke and then his son may well leave a legacy at Arsenal far more damaging than Wenger will ever do.
I agree. So many people get caught up in the Wenger hate that if you dare to suggest that there are other (possibly bigger) problems at the club you get labeled a Wenger lover or a Wenger apologist by complete morons. :roll:

Wenger is a problem and has to be removed, but at the end of the day (nominally, at least) Wenger works for the club. The club is owned by Mediocrity Stan and if Wenger is not delivering, he should be sacked by the owner. For Arsenal to ever get back on track as a high profile successful football club we need Wenger gone but equally we need Kroenke and his family and Gazidis gone too - maybe even more so than Wenger.
How can it be done?

What I'm hoping for is when Wenger does leave they I'll have problems getting a manager that performs as financially well and keeps most support happy. So then when that happens the support will unify against the owners and push them out.

Can't see it happening though

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
TeeCee wrote:Once Kranky has got his money back that he initially invested, he could sell. He's a moneymaker and if he can make a billion profit he will. The big question is, who would buy? Is Usmanov still interested at 1 to 1.5billion £?? :?
Sadly he never sells his clubs. Kronke has become very powerful in Sport. There is an article on him in the Mail Online today.

Stan has hoovered up around 65% of the shares which must have set him back a serious wedge. Now, without anyone going US Marty on my ass, can someone enlighten me on the following - if the plan isn't to sell the club for massive profit just what is the end game here? 3 million quid consultancy fees per year for all eternity is pocket change to the man and hardly worth the effort? I'm not seeing the point.....

Herd

Post by Herd »

3 mill is nothing at all !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
supergeorgegraham wrote:

Stan has hoovered up around 65% of the shares which must have set him back a serious wedge. Now, without anyone going US Marty on my ass, can someone enlighten me on the following - if the plan isn't to sell the club for massive profit just what is the end game here? 3 million quid consultancy fees per year for all eternity is pocket change to the man and hardly worth the effort? I'm not seeing the point.....
He's a "collector". The type of arsehole that locks away 20 Lambos and Ferrari's in a huge purpose-built garage in his mansion but never takes them out for a spin. :roll: :x

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
supergeorgegraham wrote:
5 years ago I looked into Stan Kroenke and realised he was the biggest problem by far at Arsenal.
Wenger remains the "short term" problem but Kroenke and then his son may well leave a legacy at Arsenal far more damaging than Wenger will ever do.
I agree. So many people get caught up in the Wenger hate that if you dare to suggest that there are other (possibly bigger) problems at the club you get labeled a Wenger lover or a Wenger apologist by complete morons. :roll:

Wenger is a problem and has to be removed, but at the end of the day (nominally, at least) Wenger works for the club. The club is owned by Mediocrity Stan and if Wenger is not delivering, he should be sacked by the owner. For Arsenal to ever get back on track as a high profile successful football club we need Wenger gone but equally we need Kroenke and his family and Gazidis gone too - maybe even more so than Wenger.

No I'm not having that - yes kroenke is a cancer in the club and we all agree with that, but there are fundamental basic things that are dragging this club down, and most begin and end with the manager. Any half decent manager (yea even fat sam) would have won the league with our squad last season, but instead we had a manager that is tactically incompetent and unable to motivate players :roll: All the 3m consultancy fee's in the world cannot mask the shitiness from wenger, and yes an owner putting more (deserved) pressure on the manager should be an automatic, but the truly great players and managers motivate themselves with a hunger that just cant be satisfied

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Kroenke's just sitting on Arsenal as his side project, as our net wealth goes up and up. Look how we've just jumped from 35th or something to 23rd in the Forbes list of wealthiest sports 'franchises' on the planet. Now up to £1.15 bn i think it is.

He's putting his time and effort into relocating the Rams from Missouri to Los Angeles, where he's currently building the most expensive sports stadium in the world. That's his real love, his pride and joy. We're a nice bit on the side, a cash cow just firming up his real investment for him in the unlikely eventuality that he doesn't become even richer through the Rams.

We're stuck with that wiggy bastard Kroenke for as long as he wants, and for as long as the football bubble continues to expand. At least Wenger will be gone in a year or two.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Robin_L wrote:Kroenke's just sitting on Arsenal as his side project, as our net wealth goes up and up. Look how we've just jumped from 35th or something to 23rd in the Forbes list of wealthiest sports 'franchises' on the planet. Now up to £1.15 bn i think it is.

He's putting his time and effort into relocating the Rams from Missouri to Los Angeles, where he's currently building the most expensive sports stadium in the world. That's his real love, his pride and joy. We're a nice bit on the side, a cash cow just firming up his real investment for him in the unlikely eventuality that he doesn't become even richer through the Rams.

We're stuck with that wiggy bastard Kroenke for as long as he wants, and for as long as the football bubble continues to expand. At least Wenger will be gone in a year or two.

Fuck me i always thought he truly loved the Arsenal :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
supergeorgegraham wrote:

No I'm not having that - yes kroenke is a cancer in the club and we all agree with that, but there are fundamental basic things that are dragging this club down, and most begin and end with the manager. Any half decent manager (yea even fat sam) would have won the league with our squad last season, but instead we had a manager that is tactically incompetent and unable to motivate players :roll: All the 3m consultancy fee's in the world cannot mask the shitiness from wenger, and yes an owner putting more (deserved) pressure on the manager should be an automatic, but the truly great players and managers motivate themselves with a hunger that just cant be satisfied
Not having what? :lol: :roll: No one is talking about motivation - that's a side issue relating to Wenger and the players - no one is saying Wenger wasn't at fault for not winning a very winnable PL last season. You are viewing this with blinkers on if you think Wenger is the only major problem we have. Replace Wenger and we will be back on track all of a sudden?? Not a chance. If the next manager is as inept as Wenger but gets that CL spot Kroenke will persist with him. And then we are back to square one. :roll:

We are talking about a solution. And whether you like it or not whilst Kroenke owns the club we will either have Wenger as manager or someone nominated by Wenger who will only have to deliver the bare minimum. Leadership starts at the top. The tone is set by the owner. A strong football-ambitious owner would say to Wenger (or any manager) "win me either the CL or the PL within 2-3 years or you are gone." Kroenke will never say that to Wenger or his replacement. Kroenke allows Wenger to pander to his own ego at the expense of Arsenal FC. Wenger has to go. But so too do Kroenke and Gazidis - anyone that can't see that is only looking at half the problem.

There are many managers that could have won that PL last year with our squad, but Fat Sam is NOT one of them. Don't be ridiculous. He can set up a system that negates other teams but that requires a certain type of limited player. Our current squad, for better or worse, are mostly technical and flair footballers and would not be disciplined enough to play in a Fat Sam system. Fat Sam was found out at the Toon when he could not get any cohesive performances out of a squad with too many flair players in it. Using Fat Sam to whip Wenger is like using Kleenex to beat syphilis. :lol: :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10, the part I highlighted was the part that you suggested that kroenke "might be the biggest problem", and that is what I will not agree with. As I said, we all know that kroenke is a huge problem there, but a better manager in situ, would make us real challengers every season without the need to spend billions every transfer window

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:DB10, the part I highlighted was the part that you suggested that kroenke "might be the biggest problem", and that is what I will not agree with. As I said, we all know that kroenke is a huge problem there, but a better manager in situ, would make us real challengers every season without the need to spend billions every transfer window
He might and he might not. It's very easy to fall into that lazy minimum requirement mode. I agree we don't need to spend billions every window but we obviously do need to spend. Kroenke won't want a manger at his door wanting to buy players, he'll want what he has now - reasonable financial return for minimal outlay. That mindset is rotten to the core and has a trickle down effect on the entire club - ffs we have supposed Arsenal fans on social media bragging about our finances rather than our history or trophies!! :shock: :roll: :oops:

I honestly believe we need to scour the club clean of everything that has the touch of Wenger, Kroenke and Gazidis. Just replacing Wenger is not enough - although it would be a helluva start! :D

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... fees-scary

amazing how his salary aint scary at all!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xgtdec wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... fees-scary

I have to admit the idea of getting paid (I won't say "earning") £8million a year for doing the bare minimum required does not scare me at all either!! :lol: :barscarf:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

DB10GOONER wrote:

I have to admit the idea of getting paid (I won't say "earning") £8million a year for doing the bare minimum required does not scare me at all either!! :lol: :barscarf:

Prob half you gooner moderator fee :box: :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xgtdec wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Prob half you gooner moderator fee :box: :D
I wish! :shock:

It's more like about two-thirds.... :lol: :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Everything regarding the about the amount of money currently floating around in the game is looked upon as being completely obscene and vulgar by Le Gimp Mask.....apart from his own astronomical wage packet of course :roll:

WHAT A COMPLETE AND UTTER CRETINOUS BASTARD :banghead: :banghead: