THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Wilson

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Wilson »

Ozil and Sanchez are out the door. It also looks like Chamberlain wants out, also issues with Wilshere. Between Walcott/Chamberlain and Ramsey/Wilshere its the later who needs to be kept. Gnabry was sold way to early - major F up there. Joel Campbell should never have been loaned out. So its increasingly looking like Chamberlain, Gnabry and Campbell will all be lost because Wenger cannot bring himself to remove Theo. Wenger will F up the Wilshere contract and we will lose him too. You know what Wilshere, Campbell, Gnabry and Chamberlain all have in common - they work off the ball, run, and play like they care.

There is something about Wenger that makes him resistant to these hard off the ball workers. Its almost as if he gravitates to lazy showboats who show no desire in the nitty gritty of the game. Between Welbeck, Perez, Chamberlain, Walcott - Theo is the worst yet the most favored. He has taken this club for a ride for almost a decade, whilst other players who show more promise and effort have been shelved.

If you thought this team was a shambles, wait until next year when Wally and Olly replace Ozil and Sanchez as our top strike players. Wenger has his favorites, he gives them pay rises and a place at a club like Arsenal. In turn they so routinely let him down, but he just keeps backing them. A real door mat our manager is.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Is " Not the worst English team in the Champions League " a new virtual trophy?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Read this quote from Martin keown about wenger on twitter"None of us are worthy to tap him on the shoulder and convince him his time at Arsenal is up.He has to see it for himself."

How cringeworthy is that.

PS some guy on twitter is organising on 20 mins of todays game a round of applause for appreciation of wengers 20 yrs at the club,anyone who is on twitter should check out this fool,he goes under the user name Arsenal guvnor,if you thought John cross was a huge ass kisser ,this guy is worse.

GoonerN5

Post by GoonerN5 »

mcdowell42 wrote:Read this quote from Martin keown about wenger on twitter"None of us are worthy to tap him on the shoulder and convince him his time at Arsenal is up.He has to see it for himself."

PS some guy on twitter is organising on 20 mins of todays game a round of applause for appreciation of wengers 20 yrs at the club,anyone who is on twitter should check out this fool,he goes under the user name Arsenal guvnor,if you thought John cross was a huge ass kisser ,this guy is worse.
Perhaps all those going to West Brom next week should all start clapping on 13 minutes as thats how many years we have failed to win the league

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:Read this quote from Martin keown about wenger on twitter"None of us are worthy to tap him on the shoulder and convince him his time at Arsenal is up.He has to see it for himself."

Yep, I've seen the guy once and awhile in Twitter and in YouTube. This is the guy who is wearing a CocaCola case in his head... at least on YouTube. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b8Elbtceqg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuGCf-Xnsjs&t=851s

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:

Yep, I've seen the guy once and awhile in Twitter and in YouTube. This is the guy who is wearing a CocaCola case in his head... at least on YouTube. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah that's the moron

Offside

Post by Offside »

Some interesting quotes from Guardiola:
If I have no silverware, I will not be here for a long time
No silverware - it will not be a good season. I knew that in August. Being a manager depends on results
I know what my standard was in the past and I know what is on my shoulders. I have to handle that. But I know we will be judged on the titles we have won. My period in Munich was judged like a disaster because we were not able to win the Champions League. I won three leagues in a row, we won two cups from three, we arrived every time in the semi-finals and finals but it was a disaster
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39237214

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

It's an ideal time for Wenger to go. I read this morning that the Juventus manager is giving Arsenal 3 weeks to make up their mind. This guy would be a great change and we would learn how to defend again like we did under Graham.
My fear is that we will lose out on a quality manager once Wenger leaves because he does not want to give up his kingdom.
If he wanted the best for our club he would let Allegri have a go but he will leave it until the last min and we will lose out

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

WTF ???? Why's he got a box on his head?

DT slaughters him time and time again but like all AKBs he can't see how he contradicts himself each time he opens his mouth.

Heaven help us if he's reflective of the AKB mentality

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:

WTF ???? Why's he got a box on his head?

DT slaughters him time and time again but like all AKBs he can't see how he contradicts himself each time he opens his mouth.

Heaven help us if he's reflective of the AKB mentality
:lol: :lol:

That guy is a nut case. Blabbering the same shit over and over again... and that box? Jesus wept, I'm losing my hope on mankind.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Agree mate.

Watching him and listening to his ridiculous arguments made me realise why we're in this awful situation. My dear old Dad used to say "There's none so blind as those that won't see"

Tollgoon

Post by Tollgoon »

Cheers Pete, that's just made my morning

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

That Pratt with the box on his head is no Arsenal fan. He's on a wind up and has managed to convince a load of gullible AKBs that he's genuine!

Babu

Post by Babu »

The Reason Wenger won't Quit!

http://newsthump.com/2017/03/09/pissing ... ne-wenger/
Arsenal have announced that Arsene Wenger will remain Arsenal manager until either he or Piers Morgan dies.

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Gaz wrote:That Pratt with the box on his head is no Arsenal fan. He's on a wind up and has managed to convince a load of gullible AKBs that he's genuine!
And what that tells about the AKB's? :lol: :lol: :lol: