THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by northbank123 »

Feel quite reassured that he’s not going to go about picking his own successor or any bollocks like that.

Looks like a clean break to me.

Tollgoon

Post by Tollgoon »

I do believe that a lot of people said vote with your feet, I certainly did in 2008. Just shows how long suffering and how bad it had to get another 10 years ---------------------------------------to push a majority over the edge. So glad it's over, he's sucked the joy out of Arsenal, but not anymore. I can literally feel a buss in the air here in London, fantastic day for fantastic news.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'm a miserable fucker i know but i wont be celebrating until the day he finally walks out the club forever, i don't trust him or the club, but then it'll be a Rodders style party!!

It'd be just like us to go and win the Europa and then for the Owner/Board/CEO have a change of heart due to the excellent end of the season and him remain as they've decided he's the right man for the job after all and bear in mind it would be their decision and he'd be all contrite and self-depricating with 'after a lot of persuasion and soul searching i've decided to remain to serve the club i love for the next 50 years!!' :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

northbank123 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:03 pm
Feel quite reassured that he’s not going to go about picking his own successor or any bollocks like that.

Looks like a clean break to me.

Ohhh Gawd! I hope you're right mate. <fingerscrossed>

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

It would be worse if Arteta was made manager, because Wenger would have a direct line to Arteta and would still be involved. Not to mention Arteta is too like minded and would carry on the 'principles' of Wenger.

The early reports are Vieira & I could certainly live with that. Given the type of player he was, he would understand the need for players like him - players Wenger neglected since ironically, Vieira left.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I’ll be glad to see the back of this thread and hopefully a return to happier times on this forum.

I honestly didn’t think he’d go till next year but am glad to be wrong.

Mixed emotions today though. Definitely the right thing for the club but so sad that it had to get so bad for the change to happen. Personally I’ll remember him with a mix of fondness, despair, dislike and ultimately disdain. I can’t say hatred though. I reserve that for nonces and Scum fans. Which reminds me, I must do the spot the difference on the back of this months Puzzler magazine.

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

augie wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:51 pm
Belfast Boy wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:37 pm
Great news for the future of the club, and hopefully great news for the future of the forum as well 8)

We might actually see a return of a few old members and mods too eh :wink: :lol: :lol:
Did you miss me Augie??? :shock: don't tell me you're gettin warm and fuzzy in yer old age cos that would be no fun! :wink:

markyp

Post by markyp »

At long last we might get to see the best from ozil every game, imagine laca aub and ozil deployed properly,add to that Ramsey, bellerin in fact the whole squad playing in their rightful positions with tactics, I can't wait, just hope it's a big name manager comjng in not a viera, Henry or Arteta type who clearly aren't ready just because they know the Arsenal way, this is a massive summer for Arsenal, they'd better be thinking big, if they aren't and appoint a half baked fuckwit we will know we are now a small club permanent

Offside

Post by Offside »

Finally :barscarf:

I thought he'd never leave. Hopefully a few of the players who've been on the Wenger gravy train for too long will shape up or ship out. My main fear is that he's been allowed to stay too long that we've missed the best opportunity to put ourselves in a strong position.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:33 pm
I’ll be glad to see the back of this thread and hopefully a return to happier times on this forum.

I honestly didn’t think he’d go till next year but am glad to be wrong.

Mixed emotions today though. Definitely the right thing for the club but so sad that it had to get so bad for the change to happen. Personally I’ll remember him with a mix of fondness, despair, dislike and ultimately disdain. I can’t say hatred though. I reserve that for nonces and Scum fans. Which reminds me, I must do the spot the difference on the back of this months Puzzler magazine.
My thoughts and feelings too. Except the Puzzler bit.... :wink:

Midz

Thank You, Arsene.

Post by Midz »

I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you to Arsene Wenger for the positive things he did for the club. My biggest gripe which I'm sure I'm not alone in is that he overstayed his tenure.
Now that he's finally done the right thing and said he will step down at the end of this season I all of a sudden feel a renewed passion for the club.

I wanted results to go against us or protests or anything to get rid of him but now there's no need for any of that .
I hope we can win the Europa now as before he made this announcement I really didn't care.

i know I've said some harsh things about him but in fairness I believed them to be correct at the time of postings.

Anyway, thank you Arsene.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Ivan doing his press conference now:

Wenger is still taken credit for George Weah getting elected and apparently we are in a better position now than when he took over.....

DB10GOONER

Re: Thank You, Arsene.

Post by DB10GOONER »

Midz wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:44 pm
I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you to Arsene Wenger for the positive things he did for the club. My biggest gripe which I'm sure I'm not alone in is that he overstayed his tenure.
Now that he's finally done the right thing and said he will step down at the end of this season I all of a sudden feel a renewed passion for the club.

I wanted results to go against us or protests or anything to get rid of him but now there's no need for any of that .
I hope we can win the Europa now as before he made this announcement I really didn't care.

i know I've said some harsh things about him but in fairness I believed them to be correct at the time of postings.

Anyway, thank you Arsene.
Sorry mate there is a Wenger thread. Merged.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Not sure the tone from Ivan was what was wanted, too many if buts and maybes or no comments in that presser......
Last edited by GoonerMuzz on Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.