THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
p206ab

Re: Arsene Wenger - For him or against him?

Post by p206ab »

I woke up with hope, turn on DM, and no news of Wenker quit. :'(
But they did say that 82% wants him gone based on poll here, so I guess someone is reading our posts and quotes them to DM :)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

We all give out because Arsene doesn't do tactics. Well turns out the fucker doesn't do strategy either. To sacrifice our ONLY chance of a trophy so he could field a stronger team in a competition we have no chance in hell of winning is mismanagement on a criminal level. :roll:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Does anyone still believe he's the right man for the job?

Wengerballs

Post by Wengerballs »

His latest statement that he is sure that this team will prove everybody wrong and this team is so good and it is only a matter of time, etc, really shows that he truly is a man in denial, a man desperately resorting to childish spin. He is like the old man behind the curtain still claiming to be the Wizard of Oz after being exposed. It is now getting truly pathetic.

And if it's true that there is now a major fall-out between him and Bould then as far as I'm concerned that truly is it. His position is now untenable and intervention by the Executive is needed.

Where is Gazidis now? He came out and made a public statement after the Bradford result. Presumably he is just biding his time now, waiting for the coup-de-grace which will be further humiliation in Munich, perhaps a bad result against the spuds, then a few weeks wait to see whether we can still squeak into 4th spot (final day of the season?). If we don't get into the UCL then no doubt that will be it, the Wenger 'exit strategy' will commence, whether it be sacking, or voluntary or requested resignation remains to be seen.

But if he gets us into the UCL, even though he does not have the confidence of most fans any longer, I think the Executive may be merciful and let him see out the end of his contract. But he won't be given another one. If he is given a new contract or extension, it will be a big, big risk, one which I think the Board would be foolish to take. There can be no sentimentality. There is just no reason to believe Wenger will recapture his former magic now, he is borderline deluded about the quality of his players and squad and appears to have lost his powers of judgement in various areas, tactically and picking the players we need in the market. There's now a clear pattern of repeated failure with all the signs saying it is only getting worse.

We are now in the Clough zone. Despite all his great achievements, the sooner Wenger is moved sideways and a new manager can step in, the better, whether we qualify for the UCL next year or not.

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

After another dreadful night, my morning was made a little brighter when at Euston tube station some ingenious soul had plastered 'Get Wenger Out' stickers all the way up the escalator.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

"You'll miss me when I'm gone"

The man's a psychopath.

Titi Gooner for life

Post by Titi Gooner for life »

Regardless of whether you and for or against him, I think he deserves some more respect than what some fans are showing him. Yes I can understand their concerns (even anger) but show the man respect for what he's done for the club.

The suggestions that the man is senile, a psychopath etc are pathetic and Arsenal fans should show more respect that to go down that route.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Titi Gooner for life wrote:Regardless of whether you and for or against him, I think he deserves some more respect than what some fans are showing him. Yes I can understand their concerns (even anger) but show the man respect for what he's done for the club.

The suggestions that the man is senile, a psychopath etc are pathetic and Arsenal fans should show more respect that to go down that route.

I would suggest that many are showing him the same level of respect that he is actually showing us.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Titi Gooner for life wrote:Regardless of whether you and for or against him, I think he deserves some more respect than what some fans are showing him. Yes I can understand their concerns (even anger) but show the man respect for what he's done for the club.

Out of interest, what do you think of the respect Wenger shows to the fans?

As for what he's done for the club, are you being selective? I assume you are only talking about the good things? What about the damage he has done?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Respect??? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Cheers for that. You obviously think being lied to, belittled and treated with contempt deserves our respect.

BAAAAAAAAAA BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WENGER SHEEP BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :roll:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Wenger complaining in last night's press conference about people not telling the truth.

:coffeespit: :coffeespit:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

DIGNITAS

augie

Post by augie »

arseofacrow wrote:Wenger complaining in last night's press conference about people not telling the truth.

:coffeespit: :coffeespit:

Seriously ?? Pot kettle springs to mind :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :banghead: :banghead: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Titi Gooner for life

Post by Titi Gooner for life »

Clash wrote:

As for what he's done for the club, are you being selective? I assume you are only talking about the good things? What about the damage he has done?

Wenger respecting the fans? He does respect the fans most of the time. Yes I understand you'll say what about the spin (some call it lies) but Arsene has never come out to the media on what he really thinks - protecting the players and the club - even in the good times. To be honest Im not in a position to know about what goes on at board level within the club etc - I don't think anyone else commenting on here does either. I don't believe Arsene is to blame.

So in your opinion, this is all Arsene's fault and if he were to go - that things would get better?? Im not so sure about that. We should be careful about what we wish for.

To answer your second question - no im not being selective. Arsene's contribution to progressing this club has been exceptional, in terms of reputation throughout Europe, etc.

Another point is - people feel Arsene has too much power - again, that is not his fault - thats the fault of those who have allowed him to make those decisions or those who have given him the responsibility.

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

Titi Gooner for life wrote:
Clash wrote:

Wenger respecting the fans? He does respect the fans most of the time. Yes I understand you'll say what about the spin (some call it lies) but Arsene has never come out to the media on what he really thinks - protecting the players and the club - even in the good times. To be honest Im not in a position to know about what goes on at board level within the club etc - I don't think anyone else commenting on here does either. I don't believe Arsene is to blame.

So in your opinion, this is all Arsene's fault and if he were to go - that things would get better?? Im not so sure about that. We should be careful about what we wish for.To answer your second question - no im not being selective. Arsene's contribution to progressing this club has been exceptional, in terms of reputation throughout Europe, etc.

Another point is - people feel Arsene has too much power - again, that is not his fault - thats the fault of those who have allowed him to make those decisions or those who have given him the responsibility.
Yes, we might get a manager that is capable of motivating a team to beat a 4th division side. :roll: