THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Dan_85

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by Dan_85 »

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

For... :rubchin: :shock: :oops: ...Ooooops! Imean

AGAINST! AGAINST! AGAINST!... :barscarf: :barscarf:

Someone call the firebrigade and get that BBQ Out! :D

NEEE NORRRR NEEE NORRR! Here it comes! :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
p206ab wrote:Against, against, against!!! I want him out before transfer window opens so we won't sign :censored: :censored: from youknowwhere playing in youknowwhich league. :cussing:
It's a fucking landslide!!! :shock: :barscarf: :barscarf:

:D :wink:

DAMN RIGHT IT IS!

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

I am really starting to hate Wenger,Gazidis and the board with distain it is one big carve up at the Arsenal at the moment . :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :banghead:

p206ab

Post by p206ab »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... zidis.html

no no no no no nooo!! :banghead:
I love Arsenal since I was a little kid, but if.. well better said WHEN this happens, I'm done. I just can't do it anymore. I can't stand these :censored: destroying this "thing" which was once a football club, MY football club, THE Arsenal.
It know it will be hard but the moment I see him put that pen on paper, I won't care anymore until I accidentally see one of the following titles in news "Kroenke left Arsenal, Usmanov take charge, Wenger resigned, Wenger retired, Wenger..rip, and etc."

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

p206ab wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... zidis.html

I love Arsenal since I was a little kid, but if.. well better said WHEN this happens, I'm done. I just can't do it anymore. I can't stand these :censored: destroying this "thing" which was once a football club, MY football club, THE Arsenal.
It know it will be hard but the moment I see him put that pen on paper, I won't care anymore until I accidentally see one of the following titles in news "Kroenke left Arsenal, Usmanov take charge, Wenger resigned, Wenger retired, Wenger..rip, and etc."
You won't care until you see Wenger RIP in the news? Glad to have you as a "fan" of our club. Really glad.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I will stab myself in the head if this is true :banghead:

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

rodders999 wrote:I will stab myself in the head if this is true :banghead:
I hope with something not sharp otherwise it's a trip to the hospital for you .

p206ab

Post by p206ab »

kiwomya wrote:
p206ab wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... zidis.html

You won't care until you see Wenger RIP in the news? Glad to have you as a "fan" of our club. Really glad.
Well that was a bit overreacted, but I was really mad when I saw that article. I respect Wenger for everything he's done for Arsenal, but now with every year he's extending, he is ruining that reputation and soon, if not already, people first thought when you say Wenger will be 8 trophyless years, not 11 cups nor the Invicibles.

jrthgooner

Post by jrthgooner »

Rewarding failure again is exactly why we have a squad who have won nothing nor look like they are capable of doing so!!!!!!!! Eight years and counting this is a joke and sums up where we are going as a club - NOWHERE

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Demun210 wrote:I cannot stand this childish attitude that nothing matters but trophies - when you started supporting Arsenal it wasn't on the condition of trophies every few years, it was about far more than that. I think people would do well to remember that every once in a while, it's frustrating sure, but to keep regurgitating that same line is such an immature way to judge things. There's no divine right to win trophies, that's what makes them all the more rewarding when you're lucky enough to win them.
It isn't the not winning of trophies that is the point here, it's the not trying, I can accept losing a major final, I will not accept just qualifying for the CL with no chance of winning it, I can accept running the champions close, I can't accept settling just for 4th spot, and treat that as the be all and end all.
RVP wanted out because the board/club lacked ambition, I thought that was indisputable.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

And I can't stand this myth the AKB's peddle is that the only argument against Wenger is we haven't won enough trophies. Jesus H Christ how many times do we need to go over the poor transfers, selling experienced players, showing no ambition , disrespecting the fans and complete lack of tactics?

markyp

Post by markyp »

with potentially signing a new deal expect us to slide further into obscurity,and KIWOMYA I put it to you how many trophyless seasons will it take before you realise we are on the road to nowhere under wenger :banghead:
Last edited by markyp on Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Demun210 wrote:I cannot stand this childish attitude that nothing matters but trophies - when you started supporting Arsenal it wasn't on the condition of trophies every few years, it was about far more than that.
Classic AKB line.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Demun210 wrote:I cannot stand this childish attitude that nothing matters but trophies - when you started supporting Arsenal it wasn't on the condition of trophies every few years, it was about far more than that. I think people would do well to remember that every once in a while, it's frustrating sure, but to keep regurgitating that same line is such an immature way to judge things. There's no divine right to win trophies, that's what makes them all the more rewarding when you're lucky enough to win them.
So fucking lower prices to £10 a game and pay the players £5k a week if we are not even trying to win trophies

I went to Arsenal in the 70's and 80's when we were shit and we knew it but football has changed you cant compete while bringing shit players.You need to spend money on quality.Remind me again why we built the Emershites?.Oh yeah to compete what a fucking joke.To compete with a club whose wage bill is £50m below ours.When we celebrate 4th place you know the ambitions of the club
The lack of boycotts and protests have brought this new contract to Wenger.The fans who turn up and take the Wenger/Gazidis bullshit only have themselves to blame
At least i can say the season coming up with be the 5th season the club will not be getting a penny of my money