THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
storrmin571

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by storrmin571 »

Take the contract extension off him and say we don't like how the money should be paid. Leave the rotten bastard sweat.

TurnipMasher

Post by TurnipMasher »

What the fuck is going on? It's obvious we need to strengthen but Wenger dithers yet again.

PAY THE FUCKING MONEY YOU TIT!

Transfer deadline day? What a load of old shit.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Wonga gets a nice bonus for financial achievements! He is not going to blow his bonus on another signing. This man is one of the greediest bastards ever to walk the earth!! :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Leave Arsene alone you nasty men - don't you know he's currently working 'day and night' trying to sign some super quality

Sam59

Post by Sam59 »

Every time I see the word "quality" my bp goes up, as I hear it in OGL's voice :evil:

Anyhow, there is another Arsene Wenger. Before you panic unduly though, this one's in orbit. There is an asteroid called Arsene Wenger. http://www.ian-griffin.com/styled/style ... rsene.html

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Sam59 wrote:Every time I see the word "quality" my bp goes up, as I hear it in OGL's voice :evil:

Anyhow, there is another Arsene Wenger. Before you panic unduly though, this one's in orbit. There is an asteroid called Arsene Wenger. http://www.ian-griffin.com/styled/style ... rsene.html
:D

I didn't realise what Steve_I did for a living

"it is my privilege to propose names for asteroids I find to the Committee on small body nomenclature of the International Astronomical Union and I could think of no better person to honour in this way that the man who has taken football to a new level. "

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I think Wenger and the board have decided we are not going to overhaul City this season.
they are probably right.

therefore it makes little sense to gamble £37 million on a 20 year old midfielder.
I can just about see Wenger's point here.

the problem I have with him and most others on here is that he had 3 MONTHS to buy a top class striker last summer and FAILED TO DO THIS. :banghead:

TurnipMasher

Post by TurnipMasher »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sam59 wrote:Every time I see the word "quality" my bp goes up, as I hear it in OGL's voice :evil:

:D

I didn't realise what Steve_I did for a living

"it is my privilege to propose names for asteroids I find to the Committee on small body nomenclature of the International Astronomical Union and I could think of no better person to honour in this way that the man who has taken football to a new level. "

I lol'd heartily :D

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Gunner Rob wrote:I think Wenger and the board have decided we are not going to overhaul City this season.
they are probably right.

therefore it makes little sense to gamble £37 million on a 20 year old midfielder.
I can just about see Wenger's point here.

the problem I have with him and most others on here is that he had 3 MONTHS to buy a top class striker last summer and FAILED TO DO THIS. :banghead:
We are one fucking point behind them, not 20. There's every chance of overhauling them if we build a decent squad.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Piss off and support Spurs or Chelsea you lot

The miracle man has taken football to a new level, doesn't sign superstars and still wins us virtual trophy after virtual trophy

donny123

Post by donny123 »

Wenger met him in person good man, good business ethic.. I think he's done well for the club.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

donny123 wrote:Wenger met him in person good man, good business ethic.. I think he's done well for the club.

welcome to the forum.
you are going to love it on here :lol:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Gunner Rob wrote:
donny123 wrote:Wenger met him in person good man, good business ethic.. I think he's done well for the club coffers.

welcome to the forum.
you are going to love it on here :lol:
Donny123 - filled in the word you forgot.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

donny123 wrote:Wenger met him in person good man, good business ethic.
neither of which has anything to do with success on the pitch does it ?

i'd rather have a ruthless *word censored* in charge who wins things.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

I know he's a lazy fucker and not everybody's cup of tea but Berbatov is better than Bendtner, has class and experience so if you're a penny pinching, miserable old scrooge, surely even a couple of million quid spent on him is better than nothing?