THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by rodders999 »

My advice to the good people of Paris, be careful what you wish for :barscarf:

Au revoir L'Asshole :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

augie wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:Remind me again 16 yrs in the CL and 1 final,am i right.

I dont know what you are referring specifically to but I'll play the odds and say that you not gonna be right (transfer thread bullshit has to count against you here mc :lol:
moyes or Avb as our new managers,remember someone posting tht on this forum not too long ago.

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
augie wrote:

I dont know what you are referring specifically to but I'll play the odds and say that you not gonna be right (transfer thread bullshit has to count against you here mc :lol:
moyes or Avb as our new managers,remember someone posting tht on this forum not too long ago.

Touche :lol: :lol:

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

Blanc blew it especially with his pre-set stupid subs destroying the counter pace in the side. I immediately thought of arsene.

PSG will sack blanc for this along with words like we werent sure if we were on Chelsea's level (look at your players dude)

At least wenger has somewhere to go after arsenal, may as well make it this summer!

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Blanc made the error of sitting back to protect their 1 goal advantage, something Wenger has done in the past with varying outcomes.
Mourinho saw this and threw on an extra striker, something Wenger never does (use substitutes as a way of changing tactics).
Once Chelsea had the goal they switched to more defensive system, this would be way beyond Wenger's imagination.
Hate to praise the man, but that is what a good flexible coach can do for you.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
augie wrote:

And Hughton, don't forget Hughton, he wanted Hughton too. :banghead: :x

Or did I make that up? :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:Same here. I still hate the *word censored* but won't be as bothered if they win it again as I was the first time
^^^ Here's another one for the keeunt thread, Lefty. :x

:wink:
:lol:

Noted mate :wink:
They're on 8)
Top work. 8)

Lefty for Mod! :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:My advice to the good people of Paris, be careful what you wish for :barscarf:

Au revoir L'Asshole :barscarf:

:coffeespit:
Quality Rodders. 8)

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:Blanc made the error of sitting back to protect their 1 goal advantage, something Wenger has done in the past with varying outcomes.
Mourinho saw this and threw on an extra striker, something Wenger never does (use substitutes as a way of changing tactics).
Once Chelsea had the goal they switched to more defensive system, this would be way beyond Wenger's imagination.
Hate to praise the man, but that is what a good flexible coach can do for you.
I swear Blanc decided on his subs before the game, and respective of the activity on pitch, subbed them anyway.

If he knew who ba, was he should have known Chelsea tactic, was to be as direct as possible. Most competent mangers with the PSG squad would have saw the game out, although you always expect someone like Cavani to put the tie to bed.

If Arsene goes to PSG and still can't win the European Cup, well at least we knew Arsenal never stood a chance. I wonder how he'll deal with the pressure.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

so hopefully the team has been hard working at tactics for Saturday today.

do you think Wenger will have popped up to Wigan last night to see their game? no me neither :lol:

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

An interesting read in Le Grove this morning, something about making videos of the opposition and emailing them to the players!? http://le-grove.co.uk/2014/04/09/youre- ... orrection/

Surely not?! :lol:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Kvltman wrote:An interesting read in Le Grove this morning, something about making videos of the opposition and emailing them to the players!? http://le-grove.co.uk/2014/04/09/youre- ... orrection/

OPTIONAL VIEWING :banghead:

as i said after the chavs city game - chief pikey was quoted as saying "we worked on tactics on the training ground all week"....

its a basic fundamental of professional football - study the opposition.

maybe we didn't need to with the Famous Five plus Vieira, Bergkamp and Henry, but we do now.

AW makes us look like amateurs in every big game :censored:

at least the press have finally picked up on it. a couple more key losses and they'll be really after him.

very sad.

augie

Post by augie »

Kvltman wrote:An interesting read in Le Grove this morning, something about making videos of the opposition and emailing them to the players!? http://le-grove.co.uk/2014/04/09/youre- ... orrection/

I know that footie is a more fluent game than American football but in gridiron most of the preparation the players put in during the week, is viewing game tape of own previous games and that of their opposition.
Secondly GG used to drill his back 4 in training everyday - he didn't allow them to study it at home cos he knows, as every half intelligent person knows, that when you play any team sport, it is the team unit that wins games and not 11 individuals. Jesus Christ the concept of a player doing game tape on their own is ridiculous :oops: :roll:

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

If it is true (somehow I still can't believe it) then it really is quite incredible. Any preparation where the opposition is concerned should be mandatory and drummed into the players thinking. Tactics don't have to be changed completely, but can be altered slightly, even if it is a specific job given to one player, to hurt the other team.

I can't imagine Nik Bendtner doing his homework on the opposition rather than head down the boozer and a kebab afterwards! :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

it does explain why Sanogo just stands there during matches.
he has probably not made it yet onto the email mailing list.