THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
blair207
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:32 pm

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by blair207 »

I am not Wenger apologist by any stretch but that team last night did not fight for the jersey. They thought the job was done at 3-0, and deserve the lions share of the blame. However for Wenger to blame tiredness at the end is ridiculous. Arsenal did not play last week and had easy home opposition on Saturday, any tiredness or lack of fitness is the managements fault. I think big Per Mertersacker was hinting at a real problem at the club in his comments after the first leg. This team are not up to big challenges mentally, physically or tactically and that's down to the manager.

User avatar
Monkeymaw
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:05 am
Location: Southam
Contact:

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by Monkeymaw »

Bradywasking wrote:
Monkeymaw wrote:I haven't been to a game since the 8-2 at United when I actually left before the end which was something I had never done before. I had previously never understood people walking out of a game before it had finished. I swore I wouldnt go back until Wenger had left the club and honestly didnt think it would be too long.
My boy is now 7 and is Arsenal mad (yes I feel bad) and is desperate to go to a game. I have promised him that I will take him to a game for his next birthday in February. He has already checked the fixtures and has now told all his friends he is going to see The Arsenal vs Everton. I'm really hoping he will be gone by then......The Club must seriously be thinking his time is up now and surely are just as bored as the rest of us.
Bring your son to the game, bite the bullet. When your son is 20 Wenger will be gone but Arsenal will still be there. I understand your frustration but your lad deserves to support Arsenal .
I said to my wife when my son was born I would let him choose who to support for himself but my wife would say I have brainwashed him.
A couple moved in a couple of months ago and a few weeks later the husband asked me who my kids support and what were their names. I'm sure he must have seen my boy wearing his Arsenal kit. I told him they were both Arsenal. A couple of weeks ago he knocked on my door and said "I have some stuff for your kids" He only had large signed photos of Charlie George both addressed to both my son (7) and girl (5). My son was absolutely made up while my daughter said "the man looks like a girl". He also gave them signed only photos of Carzola and Giroud. Son wanted to watch old footage of Charlie George and now does the 71 FA Cup celebration when he scores a goal in the garden.
Last edited by Monkeymaw on Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gunner Rob
Posts: 6131
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by Gunner Rob »

we didnt win last night because Wenger (as usual) didnt make substitutions early enough let alone make the right ones.

this was despite fielding pretty much the same side as v Burnley which is unbelievable in the first place.
I was near to where Walcott, Podloski and Rosicky were warming up and I couldnt help thinking why on earth they hadnt started the game in place of Cazorla, Ramsey anyway. Wenger's decisions just defy logic. We now have a nutty dictator in charge and things will get a lot worse because he has got absolutely no idea what to do anymore.

there are 2 ways he might be shifted
1. people stop going - not going to happen
2. mass protests before, during and after every game - not going to happen these days because people spend too much on their tickets and want a "nice day out"

therefore we are stuck in groundhog day

officepest
Posts: 5072
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:27 am
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by officepest »

From Kevin's article today:

Arsène, however, knows best, always remember. He told an old friend in the summer that ‘I need a centre back’, with the hope he might suggest one, rather than utilise his scouting system. You have to wonder what the point of the latter is.


Seriously?

User avatar
bang goes the 0-0 draw
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:27 pm
Location: Sutton

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by bang goes the 0-0 draw »

Monkeymaw wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
Monkeymaw wrote:I haven't been to a game since the 8-2 at United when I actually left before the end which was something I had never done before. I had previously never understood people walking out of a game before it had finished. I swore I wouldnt go back until Wenger had left the club and honestly didnt think it would be too long.
My boy is now 7 and is Arsenal mad (yes I feel bad) and is desperate to go to a game. I have promised him that I will take him to a game for his next birthday in February. He has already checked the fixtures and has now told all his friends he is going to see The Arsenal vs Everton. I'm really hoping he will be gone by then......The Club must seriously be thinking his time is up now and surely are just as bored as the rest of us.
Bring your son to the game, bite the bullet. When your son is 20 Wenger will be gone but Arsenal will still be there. I understand your frustration but your lad deserves to support Arsenal .
I said to my wife when my son was born I would let him choose who to support for himself but my wife would say I have brainwashed him.
A couple moved in a couple of months ago and a few weeks later the husband asked me who my kids support and what were their names. I'm sure he must have seen my boy wearing his Arsenal kit. I told him they were both Arsenal. A couple of weeks ago he knocked on my door and said "I have some stuff for your kids" He only had large signed photos of Charlie George both addressed to both my son (7) and girl (5). My son was absolutely made up while my daughter said "the man looks like a girl". He also gave them signed only photos of Carzola and Giroud. Son wanted to watch old footage of Charlie George and now does the 71 FA Cup celebration when he scores a goal in the garden.
Well that cheered me up slightly today :barscarf:

User avatar
Ed Hunter The Gooner
Posts: 867
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:27 am
Location: The Football Wonderland of Finland

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

Stop whining you bastards. The Boss has more serious problems than tactics and stuff. But fear not, Puma is here to rescue him... :barscarf: :barscarf:


https://www.facebook.com/Arsenal/photos ... 13/?type=1

officepest
Posts: 5072
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:27 am
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by officepest »

Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:Stop whining you bastards. The Boss has more serious problems than tactics and stuff. But fear not, Puma is here to rescue him... :barscarf: :barscarf:


https://www.facebook.com/Arsenal/photos ... 13/?type=1
Niiiiiiiice!

Saw a few 'Wenger out' comments there, rare for Arsebook .Perhaps people have started to see the light?

User avatar
Ed Hunter The Gooner
Posts: 867
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:27 am
Location: The Football Wonderland of Finland

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

officepest wrote:
Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:Stop whining you bastards. The Boss has more serious problems than tactics and stuff. But fear not, Puma is here to rescue him... :barscarf: :barscarf:


https://www.facebook.com/Arsenal/photos ... 13/?type=1
Niiiiiiiice!

Saw a few 'Wenger out' comments there, rare for Arsebook .Perhaps people have started to see the light?
Yes, there are actually more and more "Wenger out" comments in their FB postings comments... but of course a lot of fierce Wenger supporting comments too...

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 29018
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by OneBardGooner »

Is the *word censored* gone yet? :cry:

officepest
Posts: 5072
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:27 am
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by officepest »

OneBardGooner wrote:Is the *word censored* gone yet? :cry:
Yes. Yes, he has. :barscarf: :fryingpan: :cheers: :dancingbanana: :dance:

A dallying Gus Caesar
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:49 pm
Location: Chelmsford

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by A dallying Gus Caesar »

It would be funny if it was not so sad.

4-0 to 4-4 Newcastle.
last night
Liverpool 5 AFC 1
No win against Mourinho since 1938
Chelski 6 AFC 0
Can't get a result against a top team

None of this is bad luck. It is the karma that Wenger has created for himself. No coincidences, no bad fortune. Just the truth.
Anyone who seriously thinks things will improve under this goon is either deluded or has no understanding of football.
Just the natural order of things if you do not do your job right..............and there are more of the above to come!

clockender1
Posts: 6256
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:53 pm

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by clockender1 »

i blame the stadium. :roll:

Ikechukwu1
Posts: 1363
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

I think Wenger deserves some credit it's too easy to blame it all on him!
If the board hadn't withheld funds from him this summer then there's no way we fail to beat Hull, Everton and Anderlecht.
And tbf I can't think of a CB better than Mertesacker anywhere, a WC winner. We have enough depth in attack to have a key WC winner in Podolski on the bench, so no issues at striker. One thing I'll say and repeat: Chesney is a HUGE problem area. Needs replacing with class...

User avatar
Dan_85
Posts: 8607
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:09 am
Location: London

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by Dan_85 »

clockender1 wrote:i blame the stadium. :roll:
We can't compete with the finances of clubs like Anderlecht.

Gunner Rob
Posts: 6131
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by Gunner Rob »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:I think Wenger deserves some credit it's too easy to blame it all on him!
If the board hadn't withheld funds from him this summer then there's no way we fail to beat Hull, Everton and Anderlecht.
And tbf I can't think of a CB better than Mertesacker anywhere, a WC winner. We have enough depth in attack to have a key WC winner in Podolski on the bench, so no issues at striker. One thing I'll say and repeat: Chesney is a HUGE problem area. Needs replacing with class...
totally agree with this - I posted on another thread about him this morning.
he seems beyond criticism at times but if we had a world class goalkeeper we would not have lost last night.

Post Reply