THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
dPmunky

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by dPmunky »

we have judged him in may EVERY YEAR, arguably since 2008 but for most of us 2011 and he is still here and the season plays out some variation of the same. we fall short of our squads actual potential.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Wonga doesn't want Arsenal to lose...............but he also isn't desperate to win as in win a trophy. He simply wants to manage to HIS agenda, to satisfy HIS (and Stans) 'requirements', his interests are no longer the best for Arsenal Football Club in a footballing sense, he has turned full circle from football coach/manager to Finance Director with Kranky pulling his strings and Wonga is happy to do it for 8m a year plus bonuses for financial performance (and make no mistake, Arsene LOVES money). Arsenal FC is no longer worried about winning, it's worried about making a profit. We are Chavski/Citeh in reverse. Nothing will change whilst Kranky/Wonga are there. Our only hope is an Usmanov buy out offer.......can't see that happening for some time!! :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

i posted a lighthearted thread recently on the Arsenal merchandise.

but there is a serious side to this and when I popped into the Armoury last week I was quite worried (still didnt buy anything by the way!)
so basically we won the FA Cup about 6 months ago, the first major trophy win in a decade. I would have expected there still to be loads and loads of memorabilia for it - after all thats what the club is about nowadays isnt it? making money out of us in as many ways as they know how...anyway there really is hardly anything in there to show that we had won anything. it got me thinking that the club were not wanting to place any real importance on this cup win, they were just trying to flog as much of their usual crap as usual. it just struck me again that there is no winning mentality at the club, no desire to win trophies, and being up amongst the top six clubs in the PL is what the club is happy to achieve. :x

Skooner

Re: A Couple Of Observation

Post by Skooner »

QuartzGooner wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:If we buy new central midfielder in summer, he MUST be a good tackler. A hard man, a ballwinner, with energy.
I posted that during the 2007 -2008 season.

I am not sure there is anything left to say.........seven seasons on and what has changed?
This is the bit the press don't get, they think that the problems have only just begun, hence the use by some of the word "fickle". Wenger has proved beyond all doubt that he is not able to fix the issues with the squad and tactical issues as they have been ongoing for at least 6/7 years.

augie

Post by augie »

QuartzGooner wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:If we buy new central midfielder in summer, he MUST be a good tackler. A hard man, a ballwinner, with energy.

I am not sure there is anything left to say.........seven seasons on and what has changed?

Well flash was pro-wenker then went anti wenker, then went back to pro-wenker and now I think he is anti-wenker but how can any of us be really sure :? :wink: :lol:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

augie wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:

Well flash was pro-wenker then went anti wenker, then went back to pro-wenker and now I think he is anti-wenker but how can any of us be really sure :? :wink: :lol:
flip-flop, flip-flop...flip-flop, flip-flop

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Oh fuck off :roll: :lol:

I like to have views that change depending on circumstances. The facts are this time last year we were top of the league and I (stupidly) wonder out loud on here that maybe Wenger had sorted things out. Obviously it wasn't to be but I like to have floating opinions on everything and people like Babatunde (ikewecho) and the opposite end highburyJD are so entrenched in their views Wenger winning the champions league 5 times in a row or getting relegated wouldn't change their view.

I question my footballing, political and religious views constantly and I believe it's a good way to be

So up yours :lol:

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

arseofacrow wrote:
augie wrote:Well flash was pro-wenker then went anti wenker, then went back to pro-wenker and now I think he is anti-wenker but how can any of us be really sure :? :wink: :lol:

:lol:

flip-flop, Flashslop... flip-flop, Flashslop!

:barscarf:

he flips then he flops
he flips then he flopppsss
first he sucks Wenger's
and then he sucks Klopp's

:oops:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Its Up 4 Grabs Now wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
augie wrote:Well flash was pro-wenker then went anti wenker, then went back to pro-wenker and now I think he is anti-wenker but how can any of us be really sure :? :wink: :lol:

he flips then he flops
first he sucks Wenger's

:coffeespit:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Wenger wants to be judged in May does he?

Okay lets make it May 2011.

The verdict: Totally inadequate, go away!

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

arseofacrow wrote:

he flips then he flops
first he sucks Wenger's

:coffeespit: Its good to have you back IU4GN.

I cannot believe the precious bollocks being talked about the video. One of the last games I went to was the manure game in 2012. If anyone had recorded me when he made the infamous Ox substitution it would have made that video seem like a vicar's tea party. I think that is the angriest I have been in 30+ years. The red mist descended. I'm not sure I'd have been much different if I had been on Stoke station on Saturday evening.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

arseofacrow wrote:

he flips then he flops
first he sucks Wenger's

:lol: :) :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

who is the :censored: that wrote this! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -fans.html

"At the age now of 65, he remains as hungry, sharp, focused and engaging as ever" :rubchin:

"for all Wenger’s weaknesses, the argument that he has yet produced a sackable set of results – even in the more difficult later years of his tenure – remains unconvincing" :banghead: :banghead: yeah lets all conveniently forget about the 2-8, the 0-6, the 1-5 and the 4-4

Tomáš

Post by Tomáš »

German newspaper reporting that Arsenal fans fighting each other because of Wenger yes or no :rubchin:
http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/pr ... 07477.html

Cheers,
Thomas

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Can anyone actually think of a genuinely compelling reason that Arsene should be allowed to see out his current contract?

:rubchin:

I am genuinely interested in peoples views on this, much as i have disliked Wenger's way of doing things for a good few years there has always been some doubt in the back of my head, this season i really can't find any real reason.