THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by augie »

Dan_85 wrote:
Arsène Wenger fears that Calum Chambers has “hit the wall,” having had too much responsibility forced on to his young shoulders during his fledgling Arsenal career.
“For a 19-year-old player, he has played too many games,” Wenger said.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... are_btn_tw

Well, who's fucking fault is that then? I was gonna say this is unbelievable, then I realised we're talking about Wenger so its very fucking believable.

Oh sweet jesus - that along with the comments in the express suggesting that world cup players (referring to BFG) never really get back sharp until november, makes his decision not to sign a centre half evem more crazy especially when he knew kos had been carrying that injury for a long time :evil: :evil:
Man needs to be sectioned or shot :roll: :oops:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Dan_85 wrote:
Arsène Wenger fears that Calum Chambers has “hit the wall,” having had too much responsibility forced on to his young shoulders during his fledgling Arsenal career.
“For a 19-year-old player, he has played too many games,” Wenger said.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... are_btn_tw

Well, who's fucking fault is that then? I was gonna say this is unbelievable, then I realised we're talking about Wenger so its very fucking believable.
Yes, and fantastic timing too seeing as he has no fucking option but to play young Calum continuously with Kos injured and no other options. Remind me who chose to let 4 defenders leave and sign only 2 despite the fact we were weak in that area. Nice to see West Ham benefitting from Jenko on loan while Lord Cuntchops bemoans injuries, World Cups and everything but him. He really is an absolute tool of the highest order.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

SteveO 35 wrote:
...but then arseofacrow will effectively be a mute for 24 hours :D

cfcforever will be most pleased however !
for only 24 hours? :barscarf:

I demand to be made aware of any such ban....and I will make a banner for you steveo

:rubchin: 8)

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

From Pravda quoting the leader;

on Gary Neville saying Arsenal are a long way from the title…
You have to take that with a distance, because it’s judgment on one game. I believe it’s a bit exaggerated.

Oh God..for his own sake take him away.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Bradywasking wrote:From Pravda quoting the leader;

You have to take that with a distance, because it’s judgment on one game. I believe it’s a bit exaggerated.

Looking at the league table we are clearly on the cusp of the title

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

“Arsène Wenger fears that defender Calum Chambers, 19, has "hit the wall," having had too much responsibility forced on to his young shoulders during his fledgling Arsenal career.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... en-arsenal

And who the fucks fault is that!?

One F'ing Guess. :cussing:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Bradywasking wrote:From Pravda quoting the leader;

Oh for fucks sake. :roll: :banghead:

Sam59

Post by Sam59 »

Wenger says he played Chambers at RB to 'ease the pressure on him'. So Wenger wasn't watching the game against Swansea then?!
Beyond belief.
He seems to be having a go at Mertesacker when he says no-one was leading or talking. It's his 2nd pop at big Per. I'm not saying Mertesacker is playing well, just that it isn't all his fault and he looks exhausted and demoralised by having to play left CB partnered by whoever Wenger has managed to cobble together that week. I hope Per has a go back; it's time someone took a risk with their contract and spoke out about this fraud.

Ah well. Merry Xmas everyone.

A dallying Gus Caesar

Post by A dallying Gus Caesar »

Anyone on this forum who thinks Wenger can turn things around, thinks he is a good manager or the right man for the job does not understand football. Simple as that. There really need not be discussion on the multiple shortcomings of our 'manager' anymore. It has all been said and said again thousands of times. He is so poor now, and so out of his depth, that to think otherwise is purely the preserve of the deluded. Sad but true.
Last edited by A dallying Gus Caesar on Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

augie

Post by augie »

Sam59 wrote:Wenger says he played Chambers at RB to 'ease the pressure on him'. So Wenger wasn't watching the game against Swansea then?!
Beyond belief.
He seems to be having a go at Mertesacker when he says no-one was leading or talking. It's his 2nd pop at big Per. I'm not saying Mertesacker is playing well, just that it isn't all his fault and he looks exhausted and demoralised by having to play left CB partnered by whoever Wenger has managed to cobble together that week. I hope Per has a go back; it's time someone took a risk with their contract and spoke out about this fraud.

The BFG has already made a few comments this season which have pissed le cock off - wenger doesnt forget which is why cesc is a chav now :evil:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Sam59 wrote:Wenger says he played Chambers at RB to 'ease the pressure on him'. So Wenger wasn't watching the game against Swansea then?!
Beyond belief.

A manager worth his salt would see that Per is playing shite and would have dropped him accordingly. Oh, but we have no other option at present, so he has to play on.

Per plays very well with Koscielny but the latter is smacked for an indeterminate period of time, which of course, Wenger was aware of.

So we cannot drop Per because we have no fucking back up and the one player he dovetails with is crippled. It is pathetic squad management.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Being honest i was never a huge Vermaelen fan but boy are we missing him right now, christ even some of our poorer defenders like Squillaci couldn't do much worse currently.....

I wonder if Martin or Tony would be willing to get their boots on for a few weeks, they really couldn't be any slower or have less bite than BFG currently.

For me though the problem is endemic through-out the whole team, there is a huge lack of organisation when on the pitch and i genuinely believe this is caused especially amongst the younger players by their 'Awe' of Wenger.

I believe the younger players are totally enraptured by the 'Cult' and 'Legendary' status that has been bestowed on Wenger over the years and will only do what he directly instructs them.

Even when given direction on the pitch the younger players wont follow it if has not come directly from the mouth of 'le boss' they actually cant function independantly of him.

Slightly off topic here but I believe over the last 15 or more years there is actually a problem in football as a whole though not just in our house, remember the days when you had proper journeyman players who spent time in the lower leagues battling to prove themselves worthy of a place amongst the footballing elite. Nowadays youngsters are plucked into the great academies of the footballing world long before they've had a chance to mature and learn their trade, the academies do not seem capable of teaching certain aspects required in general football, strength, tenacity, stamina etc. It is incredibly rare now to find a real old school powerhouse coming out of the modern academies.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Beyond belief.

The BFG has already made a few comments this season which have pissed le cock off - wenger doesnt forget which is why cesc is a chav now :evil:

I know Cesc made a few innocuous commenst when he was at Barca - But don't recall him slagging off Clueless, if anything he paid him compliments - saying he had been like a father to him and how he had made him(cesc) a better player etc...

Mind you Clueless is certifiable - so we shouldn't be surprised by any of his petty decisions - even thugh it means Arsenal miss out.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Happy Christmas to all my fellow Gooners, and to the AKB'S, hope you secure that day release from Broadmoor :barscarf:

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

OneBardGooner wrote:“Arsène Wenger fears that defender Calum Chambers, 19, has "hit the wall," having had too much responsibility forced on to his young shoulders during his fledgling Arsenal career.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... en-arsenal

And who the fucks fault is that!?

One F'ing Guess. :cussing:

mmm, only at arsenal can anyone not question this young kid playing so many games, and some claimed he was vermaelen's replacement.

The way I see it young players give Arsene an excuse not to judge him and the team too quickly, fans lap it up and say don't worry this kid will be great in 5 years time, so it doesn't matter that he is inadequate right now.