THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:We will also be a leetle beet jaded :barscarf:
:lol:

I wonder, how long is the world record for an entire team being a leetle beet jaded? :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

Been enlightening to go back and read the first few pages of this thread again :lol: :lol:

A couple of comments stand out for me -

1. Gus questioned the signing of an injury prone rosicky from dortmund - absolutely shocking that he is still here 8 years later having displayed the same injury prone form throughout that he did back then :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

2. cesc is god proclaimed that "wenger is god" and that he should be allowed to stay forever and that whoever disagreed should fu.ck off and support the chavs - let me say cig that you came across like a total w*nker back then, and you sure as hell should feel like one now 8)

fabiandeguisson

Post by fabiandeguisson »

As usual though we will be allowed to "judge him at the end of the season". He says these things as if we are in the wrong for not believing we can still win the Champions League and the Premier League. Deluded!

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:We will also be a leetle beet jaded :barscarf:
I said that last week already. Man if there were ever ingredients for "a leetle beet jaded" performance this is it.

A mid week replay last week, then Sunday, then another mid week, then early Saturday. PLUS getting ko'd in the FA Cup, humiliated in the Nou Camp.... jaded & psychologically damaged. Mercy me :shock: :shock: :shock:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

franksav63 wrote:Has he gone yet?? :roll: :roll:
No, but he thanks you for taking an interest in his affairs :)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:Been enlightening to go back and read the first few pages of this thread again :lol: :lol:

A couple of comments stand out for me -

1. Gus questioned the signing of an injury prone rosicky from dortmund - absolutely shocking that he is still here 8 years later having displayed the same injury prone form throughout that he did back then :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

2. cesc is god proclaimed that "wenger is god" and that he should be allowed to stay forever and that whoever disagreed should fu.ck off and support the chavs - let me say cig that you came across like a total w*nker back then, and you sure as hell should feel like one now 8)
Smoothy on page 4.... :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:

TBH everything was said on the first 5 pages of this thread. And repeated ad infinitum. :lol:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

TBH everything was said on the first 5 pages of this thread. And repeated ad infinitum.

Just like our seasons under Wenger then. Everything done in the first 5 years, then began the horrors.... and repeated ad infinitum.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

2 things properly winding me up now.

1. The latest AKB Narrative that Lord A-hole has "earned the right" to decide when he leaves. What bollocks is this?
12 years without the league, a European record more dismal than APOEL for 6/7 years, has collected over £80m in cumulative salary but has seen fit to slate the fans, back ripoff ticket pricing and basically tell the fans how they should support and when. He's not "earned" any fucking right. People go on about this like he's some Arsenal saint when the fact is, if Tuchel or Low turned up to manage us tomorrow and then won the CL, they would have surpassed Wenker's 20 years in the space of 12 months FFS :roll:
If "football is a business" as AKBs like to use to justify our shocking ownership, then there's no room for sentiment in business and there is NO viable business anywhere in the world where an Exec "earns the right to choose when you leave". You're constantly judged on your recent record and if it's rubbish, fuck off.

2. This talk that "if he doesn't go gracefully he runs the risk of tarnishing his legacy"

Finishing a season behind Leicester and Spuds in a season Chavs, Citeh and ManYoo all lost it
Keeping £200m cash in the bank and putting Kroenke's greed before fan desires
Lying constantly to the fans
Having his worst ever domestic season at a time he's got more cash than ever and no competition
The numerous, numerous thrashings
Selling RVP to Fergie and gift-wrapping title
Defending ripoff ticket prices
Staying long enough to see Spuds overtake us (whilst building new stadium too)

Horse. Bolted. In my view the guy is a grade A C**** and I won't remember him for the Invincibles.
I will remember the thrashings, the abject pointless football, the humiliations, the disrespect shown to fans and his refusal to piss off after scraping past Hull in that cup final.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

cameron326 wrote:Have never seen so many articles, respected journalists and pundits saying its time for Wenger to go.
All that lefts to be seen is whether Wenger will finally accept what is staring everyone in the face and announce a dignified exit at the end of the season. Or will he, for selfish reasons, insist on "just one more try" (dressed up as a dignified fulfilling of his contractual obligations), when every man and his dog can see that "one more try" is only going to make things worse, not better, and will leave the club in a worse state than if he were to step down this year - even if it means Arsenal must spend half a season or even a full season of a caretaker/stop-gap manager.

For his sake almost as much as Arsenal's, I hope he goes now, as if he stays another season and things go really bad - and can you really see this group of players under this manager producing anything else? - it would be a tragic end to 20 years with Arsenal. If Arsenal do squeeze into the top 4 as is their custom, it will be a fitting enough end, and he can still go out with his head held high rather than face the likelihood of taking the club out of the Champions League in his last season as manager next year. Things are pretty bad now, but they could get a hell of a lot worse if he insists on one more season.
Actually I think you'll find it's far too late for that. You see, it ain't possible after he's spent years legislating for failure by chatting shit about "oil money" (parroted by that clueless dickhead Gazidis :roll:) only to see Leicester or Spuds win the PL ahead of him! It exposes him as The ultimate bullshitting fraudster with nowhere to hide. Not when you see that Ranieri and Pochettino currently earn less COMBINED than he does per year. :oops:
This is why he's trying every dirty trick to deflect blame and stay on. His latest con is to leak to the press that "he's concerned fan criticism will impact the team". Joker. The fans have been silent for 12 fucking years and the players change but the failure stays the same. :roll:

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

http://www.football365.com/news/arsene- ... -and-dirty

Did anyone read this article? It did make me chuckle :) apologies if already posted

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re:

Post by officepest »

TheOne2Smooth wrote:yeah lets Sack Wenger and bring in O'Leary he knows how to spend money!! Also lets get rid of our director and get Peter Ridsdale we might as well!!
I'm sorry people its time to come clean we aint got the Money Man USA have or Roman AsonofaBitch has, I will quite happly sign unearth gems like Fabregas, Vieira, Petit and the likes of!!

if you want to end up like Leeds and mark my words Tottenham and Man City are going that way to!!
I'll mark your words alright.

Horseshit.

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

officepest wrote:
augie wrote:
Chippy wrote:
MrT wrote:An ESPN journalist on twatter said ''Arsenal are looking to replace Wenger with Simeone on Pellegrini''

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Eewww. Not sure I want to see that.

I doubt if simeone would let pellegrini on top - simeone would probably be more of a giver rather than a taker :lol: :lol:
Simeone would be balls-deep up Pellegrini's arse.

Balls-deep. :lol:
... with just the nuts hanging out 8)

armchair

Post by armchair »

franksav63 wrote:Has he gone yet?? :roll: :roll:
No, but hes on his way out. :barscarf:

markyp

Post by markyp »

does anybody else feel like we may have finally just turned a corner all be it a small one this past couple of weeks and that we may finally be starting the end game??I know the journos mostly are flip floppers at the best of times but it seems that Wenger has really been found out and his tenure may be nearing its end,if not this season certainly by the end of next,or am I just deleuded :shock:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

I'd say he's better off slipping out now and retaining his own degree of self delusional respectability, next year with the managerial changes happening elsewhere and other teams actually being active in player recruitment...le fraud will find himself humiliated...he knows this and i think he'll take the red pill and opt out end of this season! I hope!!