THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
foxinthebox2001

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

blair207 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:for the Daily Mirror this is actually a very good article - summarises a lot of the issues raised on here very well.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ne-4390785

good to see the love in between Wenger and the journalists appears to be ending.
Agree with most of this article. The writer says that Arsenal will probably finish third. I disagree with that, despite the players bought in the summer we are toiling. ManU have overtaken us already and will undoubtedly strengthen their defence in January, Liverpool and Spurs are as inconsistent as we are and Everton are out of it already. I feel that fourth place will be an achievement the way we are playing.
Depends how we deal with the also rans, those from 8th downwards.
I think last season we had a good record against them, in a season that was regarded as 'full of surprise results'.
Due to the increased influx of cash virtually all EPL club have spent a lot of funds on their team, I suspect a few more may spring a result on us this season. Such as Leicester have done already.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Just fuck off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Quite funny - I was listening to the Arsecast Extra today and it sounds like the bloggers (Gunnerblog and Arseblog) both were quite diplomatic about saying that they didn't believe that Wenger would deliver a league title for the rest of his tenure. One of them actually compared him with Mourinho and said that Mourinho didn't care about style, just victories and Wenger cared about style at the expense of victories. They did it in a very respectful way. Not sure if anyone else heard this, but worth a listen.

paulinohio

Post by paulinohio »

I think his pay should change to

100000 basic pay

4m league title bonus
3m CL win bonus
1m FAcup win bonus
250000 League cup win bonus
250000 beating S***S bonus
500000 2nd league bonus

:box: 10000 each hit on Mureen

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

interesting bit in the independent :

the players who have given away the most penalties in the last five PL seasons :

1. Kos - 8
2. Ches - 7
3. Shawcross (kant) - 5.
4. Skrtel - 4.

so apart from the wost injury record every year (yay) and the least number of wins against the top 5 by one of its members, we also leave our keeper to be the most unprotected, meaning that he or kos has to last ditch attempt to save us.

great job wenger, really great job you utter spacker.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Koscielny has historically been exceptionally rash with tackles in the area and extremely panicky when faced with a striker playing with his back to goal, his default move being hauling him down (see Dzeko 2012/13).

I think he has improved a lot though, although he was caught Sunday (and lucky not to go off) Hazard should not have that clear a run on a CB, could have pulled out of the challenge but would have probably been a goal anyway and not his fault.

Szczesny is infuriating because he is genuinely talented and could be a very good keeper but just doesn't have the mentality. His concentration is appalling and he seems to get bored, his decision-making gets worse the longer the game goes on and the less he is involved in the action. There are no signs (to me) that his decision-making regarding coming for through balls has made any meaningful progress.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

begeegs wrote:Quite funny - I was listening to the Arsecast Extra today and it sounds like the bloggers (Gunnerblog and Arseblog) both were quite diplomatic about saying that they didn't believe that Wenger would deliver a league title for the rest of his tenure. One of them actually compared him with Mourinho and said that Mourinho didn't care about style, just victories and Wenger cared about style at the expense of victories. They did it in a very respectful way. Not sure if anyone else heard this, but worth a listen.
listen to arsecast.....have a day off will ya, its either recorded from the comfort of wengers pocket where the arseblogger resides, or he sits on wengers lap whilst recording with wengers cock controlling his vocal chords.

Arseblog my fookin hoop!!!

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

xgtdec wrote:
begeegs wrote:Quite funny - I was listening to the Arsecast Extra today and it sounds like the bloggers (Gunnerblog and Arseblog) both were quite diplomatic about saying that they didn't believe that Wenger would deliver a league title for the rest of his tenure. One of them actually compared him with Mourinho and said that Mourinho didn't care about style, just victories and Wenger cared about style at the expense of victories. They did it in a very respectful way. Not sure if anyone else heard this, but worth a listen.
listen to arsecast.....have a day off will ya, its either recorded from the comfort of wengers pocket where the arseblogger resides, or he sits on wengers lap whilst recording with wengers cock controlling his vocal chords.

IMO he's AKB slant is purely for commercial reasons seeing as the vast majority of his readers appear to be AKBs as well. Personally I stopped reading his shit after late 2012.

augie

Post by augie »

SydneyGooner wrote:
xgtdec wrote:

IMO he's AKB slant is purely for commercial reasons seeing as the vast majority of his readers appear to be AKBs as well. Personally I stopped reading his shit after late 2012.

And he had a couple of digs at the non believers today too - bullshit comments suggesting that some fans who complain want us to fail :roll: Another comment said that he too feels frustrated that we are always a player or two away from being contenders, but yet his blog has continually failed to hold wenker responsible for the situation - basically he wants to state the obvious but doesn't want to hold anyone accountable for it :roll: The most relevant point though was his suggestion (not in these words obviously) that if people didn't like his comments then they shouldn't read his blog......it's a close comparison to the much loved akb stance where the rest of us should fcuk off and support another team if we not happy with the way our club is being run :blah:
I accept that some of his comments arise from him being abused by some comments on his blog (I have to admit that I had severe/harsh words with him a few years ago re his anti DD agenda) and maybe that is fair enough, but by the same token you put your opinions on your blog partially to provoke debate amongst fans (otherwise why have a comments section at all ?) and any blog/forum would be pretty dull if everyone felt the same way on it. It also needs to be accepted that his sponsorship/advertising deals are based around the number of people that click on his blog so less visitors will affect his standing with these businesses

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Hasn't arseblog also taken the Arsenal coin in the recent past.

Would be difficult to see him slating the club, as is warranted, if he wants to earn a few bob in the future.

Sticking yourself on the fence is always the best way of developing your business.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

arseofacrow wrote:Hasn't arseblog also taken the Arsenal coin in the recent past.

Would be difficult to see him slating the club, as is warranted, if he wants to earn a few bob in the future.
They sent copies of his book out in the membership packs a few years ago. Pravda plug and link back to his site too... :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

arseofacrow wrote:Hasn't arseblog also taken the Arsenal coin in the recent past.

Sticking yourself on the fence is always the best way of developing your business.
If Wenger calls his cock the Fence, then yes it is.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

ONE ARSENE WENGER.....THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:

If Wenger calls his cock the Fence, then yes it is.
Oh, we are gonna have him on here.... :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »