THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
The Arsenal Way

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by The Arsenal Way »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:52 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:34 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:28 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:03 pm
Is this cuntbag still about and surely it's time to get rid of this thread on an egotistical, despotic cuntbag!? :?
If we get rid of this thread then the other threads will just get ruined with all this latent bitter shit that still gets posted on here. Better to keep it all in one place and give people a place to rant. :wink:
Rantist :wink:

:rubchin:

:D
tequilla :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Is this cuntbag still about and surely it's time to get rid of this thread on an egotistical, despotic cuntbag!? :?
If we get rid of this thread then the other threads will just get ruined with all this latent bitter shit that still gets posted on here. Better to keep it all in one place and give people a place to rant. :wink:
Racist :wink:
I prefer the term "rapist" thank you very much.

Oh, hang on....

:lol: :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Bye bye Jose..............Wenger to relegate United......you heard it here first :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:02 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:52 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Rantist :wink:

:rubchin:

tequilla :barscarf:
Holy Bejeezus you read my mind!!!! :shock:

ARRRIIIIIBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :bestmates:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I think a few of you are suffering PTSD.... :o

*Post Twat Stress Disorder. :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Given all those top jobs he turned down every year to stay with us unappreciative, ungrateful bastards I'm just amazed that the chairmen of the world's top clubs still haven't snapped him up. Very puzzling

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:24 pm
Given all those top jobs he turned down every year to stay with us unappreciative, ungrateful bastards I'm just amazed that the chairmen of the world's top clubs still haven't snapped him up. Very puzzling
Give him till May Steve. :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:35 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:24 pm
Give him till May Steve. :D
Just for you mate......

ONE ARSENE WENGER.......THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

ONE UNEMPLOYED ARSENE WENGER.......THERE'S ONLY ONE UNEMPLOYED ARSENE WENGER
Fixed that for you SteveO! :wink:

Happy Talk

Post by Happy Talk »

Hey, 1st January - isn't Wenger starting his new job today? Did I miss that? What is he doing - commentating on the darts?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Naaah He's commentating on the commentators.

augie

Post by augie »

I/we used to have serious arguments with people who disagreed with us wanting this french c.unt out as they labelled us ungrateful and impatient, and I continually asked at what stage, or after how many years of decline is it reasonable to look for a change ? Today it seems that I got my answer as it seems that 6 months is enough time for any manager to clear up a shitfest, and failure to do so should result in instant sacking

Fcuking fcuk off you c.unts :evil: :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored: :box: :box: :box: :box:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:20 pm
I/we used to have serious arguments with people who disagreed with us wanting this french c.unt out as they labelled us ungrateful and impatient, and I continually asked at what stage, or after how many years of decline is it reasonable to look for a change ? Today it seems that I got my answer as it seems that 6 months is enough time for any manager to clear up a shitfest, and failure to do so should result in instant sacking

Fcuking fcuk off you c.unts :evil: :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored: :box: :box: :box: :box:
No Augie ! It will take years! But it must be in the hands of someone capable!
Youve argued for emery citing budget ! Thats the same budget Akbs argued wengers case!
Ive always believed our biggest problem was wengers coaching !
I dont expect to win the title bit i do expect to see an organised defence and gameplan!
What we are getting now is no better than under wenger!
Dont cite budget or player quality! What we are judging emery as a coach a tactician and a manager and for me its 3 big zeros!
Ive seen posters rave about our beating of the spuds???
We’ve played them since! And been comprehensively beaten!
And his jumping up and down on the touchline and ott goal celebrations?
When klopp does it hes false and a *word censored*! But when emery does it ??

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:35 pm
augie wrote:

Youve argued for emery citing budget ! Thats the same budget Akbs argued wengers case!
I dont expect to win the title bit i do expect to see an organised defence and gameplan!
Dont cite budget or player quality! What we are judging emery as a coach a tactician and a manager and for me its 3 big zeros!

Sid, the only one's that defended wenger by citing budget restrictions, was the akb clowns who spend their days sucking the man's cock :roll:
For the rest of us we knew that the man had funds available, but that he continually mis-spent them - he surrounded himself with small technical ball players who had no heart and who were just happy to be at The Arsenal. He never bought for positions of need, and he continually bought nice little boys who would never question his authority.
The knock on effect is that he has now left dick with a squad that have never been properly coached in tactics since them came to the club. He left dick a defence where players were encouraged to attack at will with no concept of positioning or discipline. The problem here is that he has wasted so much money and left behind such a weak and unbalanced squad, that dick was never gonna be able to address all those issues in the summer transfer window, so he tried to prioritise by adding 3 players to the spine of the team without spending big money on any one purchase.

Where you and I seem to disagree, is that you expect (for example) sokratis to be able to cure the major shortcomings that existed prior to his arrival, but nobody can plug all them holes on their own - I think it is fair to say that most of us needed no time at all to recognise that mustafi was an average defender before he even joined us, but now (because of a lack of options) he is a fixture in our first 11, and no manager in the world (even GG) could turn him into a good enough defender in this era. Then you look at the two full back positions and you see that, for differing reasons, neither can run fast, and again dick has no other options for those positions. How is it reasonable to expect any manager to make a solid defence out of that ? You can put in whatever system you like into a defence, but players still need to have the abilities to make the system work, and if the players are either not good enough or are too slow, then there will always be vunerabilities to that back line.

I will also give some credit to dick re xhaka - the guy still has some woeful brain farts, and he is sometimes very sloppy in possession, but I do think that he has improved a lot of positional awareness and work ethic. He still has some serious flaws to iron out, and maybe he wont ever be good enough to iron them out, by dick has improved him enough to get by with him for now in the hope that he can strengthen the position in the future. He has of course benefitted greatly from the addition of torreira, and it was obvious to me that it is no coincidence that last week our midfield duo were dominated and offered no protection/help to our weak backline, and we were then duly punished by the victims.

If dick is given proper money to spend on a quality centre back and left full, and we continue to be as wide open as we are now, then I will ask questions as to how our defence and team in general are being coached - until that time though I will support dick as he struggles to succeed with donkeys to work with

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:35 pm
augie wrote:

No. Fucking. Way. Sid. :box: :lol:

There is simply no comparison. Dick has jumped up and celebrated a few goals either because they were hugely important or of such quality you'd have to be Howard Wilkinson not to celebrate. :lol:

But there is a big difference between what Dick has done and fucking Stupid Teeth running up and down the line and running right up to the cameras and running to the crowd to over-celebrate every goal, corner kick, free kick, and throw in the murdering victims get ffs. :roll:

I also do not see Dick "acting" in every fucking second advert on TV either. Or wearing a touch too much club merchandise for a middle aged man whilst trying desperately to come across as "just like a fan". :oops: :lol:

Dick jumps up on the spur of the moment with genuine delight or excitement like most managers, whereas Stupid Teeth's responses are all totally over the top, stage managed, planned, and fake as fucking fuck ffs. :roll: