THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by clockender1 »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:24 am
ESPN report he has accepted a role with the world governing body as a technical director.
In his acceptance speech he will point out that he was offered the roles of Head of the UN, President of the US, French Ambassador to Wakanda etc but he turned them all down, and almost took the vacancy for the Queen Mother a few years ago.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

clockender1 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:41 am
Redarmy wrote:
ESPN report he has accepted a role with the world governing body as a technical director.
In his acceptance speech he will point out that he was offered the roles of Head of the UN, President of the US, French Ambassador to Wakanda etc but he turned them all down, and almost took the vacancy for the Queen Mother a few years ago.
:D

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Redarmy wrote:

Perfect role for him, he can pontificate on every matter now
There's a caveat, he'll take the job...….. "While he waits for his next role in football as a manager"

So, he'll be at FIFA until he dies.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

clockender1 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Qualiteee :D :D :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:00 pm
Redarmy wrote:

Perfect role for him, he can pontificate on every matter now
There's a caveat, he'll take the job...….. "While he waits for his next role in football as a manager"

So, he'll be at FIFA until he dies.
:D :D :D

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I was hoping he would fade into obscurity as a complete football relic of irrelevance, a role at FIFA means we'll still have him pontificating. It is a worrying role because as technical director I should imagine he'll have influence in rule changes etc, just think how much of a mess of things he can make as he gets further into his dotage :banghead:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:48 pm
I was hoping he would fade into obscurity as a complete football relic of irrelevance, a role at FIFA means we'll still have him pontificating. It is a worrying role because as technical director I should imagine he'll have influence in rule changes etc, just think how much of a mess of things he can make as he gets further into his dotage :banghead:
That's tackling gone from the game then :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:48 pm
1.There MUST be 5 sideways passes and 10 backward passes before the ball is allowed to go forward.

2. A player cannot tackle if he doesn't have the ball

3. With VAR now in place we can do away with referee's and linesmen.

4. Only I can make decisions about football anytime, anywhere in the world because I am perfect and know everything.

5. I should be given a 200% salary rise every month.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Bizarrely people who work in his dept. Will start getting lots of muscular injuries, they’ll say they will be off work for a week and will return a month later!

Steve Bould must be rubbing his hands together waiting for the phone call......’I need someone who can elp wiz zis, can you put zee chairs out for zee meetings?

Bould - yes boss.......

Blim

Post by Blim »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:39 am
Bizarrely people who work in his dept. Will start getting lots of muscular injuries, they’ll say they will be off work for a week and will return a month later!

Steve Bould must be rubbing his hands together waiting for the phone call......’I need someone who can elp wiz zis, can you put zee chairs out for zee meetings?

Bould - yes boss.......
Thats all he is good for, WTF he done over the past few years is a mystery.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

TeeCee wrote:

Bould - yes boss.......
:lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Blim wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:09 am
TeeCee wrote:

Bould - yes boss.......
Thats all he is good for, WTF he done over the past few years is a mystery.
The cones at training mostly. :D

Clash

Post by Clash »

clockender1 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Is "vacancy" a euphemism for "vagina"? :D

Blim

Post by Blim »

Clash wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:36 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: