THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sell By date Looooong Since Expired.

Expideri Tempus

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

robbo10 wrote:
TeeCee wrote:c.unt
+1

+2

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

you know its bad when you cant think of a single person you despise and hate more than the manager of the team you love. and you know you have to suffer another 2 and a half seasons of the exact same thing.

hate is a strong word but when a single man is responsible for tearing down your love for the club and the game, i think its appropriate.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:you know its bad when you cant think of a single person you despise and hate more than the manager of the team you love. and you know you have to suffer another 2 and a half seasons of the exact same thing.

hate is a strong word but when a single man is responsible for tearing down your love for the club and the game, i think its appropriate.
Behave.

Teddy Sheringham; Tony Pubis, Sam Allardyce, Jose fucking Mourinho, John Terry, Ashley Cole, Royston Keane, anyone connected with/to FIFA …………………

Simon Cowell.......

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:you know its bad when you cant think of a single person you despise and hate more than the manager of the team you love. and you know you have to suffer another 2 and a half seasons of the exact same thing.

Thing is he has done this to many thousands of us - and is "Unforgivable".

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

The thing that is really insulting is his lack of respect for fans and for certain questions of him asked by some members of the media. As soon as he is asked a probing question or is asked about negative fan reaction, the barriers come up and he resorts to pompous and arrogant answers that I am amazed are not followed up on by the press.

Ever since that AGM in 2009 (I think?) when a fan challenged him about the Silvestre signing, he hasn't taken any open questions from the supporters? I would love to hear his answers to some of the direct questions he would be asked by some of the posters here :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Like uhhhm ......... :rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin:

Why is such an inept clueless cun.t like you still mis-managing our team?

Why won't you just fuckoff and let a proper manager manage our team ?

Why do you insist on not buying the players we need in the positions that are causing us to lose games?

Why do you insist on giving shyte players long well paid contracts instead of giving some of the youngsters a chance?

Have you ever heard of the term Tactics?

Are Sanago, Denilson and Ebuoe your illegitimate children?

Did you help Kroenke choose is ill fitting wig?

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

Kvltman wrote:The thing that is really insulting is his lack of respect for fans and for certain questions of him asked by some members of the media. As soon as he is asked a probing question or is asked about negative fan reaction, the barriers come up and he resorts to pompous and arrogant answers that I am amazed are not followed up on by the press.

Ever since that AGM in 2009 (I think?) when a fan challenged him about the Silvestre signing, he hasn't taken any open questions from the supporters? I would love to hear his answers to some of the direct questions he would be asked by some of the posters here :lol:
The Silvestre question wasn't the AGM it was at a supporter Q&A session. I was there. Wenker's attitude and dismissive contempt to the fan who asked the question made me sick.

Block93

Post by Block93 »

In fairness, I don't think Wenger ever wanted to sign Welbeck, he thought he was just coming on loan, and so could have been shunted off back north again when everyone realised that being one of the best England strikers doesn't necessarily mean you're good enough for the top half of the PL. Of course, it didn't help that AW was effing around abroad on deadline day. Seriously, I would have preferred Balotelli for the same price, he scored a lot of very good goals in Italy but is now playing in a system which most people don't understand (including him, and probably Rodgers too). I would swap them in an instant, I know I will get shot down for saying it, but there you are. But then I watched Cavani in the World Cup, and for PSG, and at £50m to Arsenal (if you believe today's press) I think PSG would be wetting themselves. Diego Costa he certainly ain't. And is Walcott EVER going to actually play some football? We're going to have a great team in July when they're all fit again, just ready for the pre-season tour, during which Wilshere will do his ankle. I am off to watch a re-run of 'On the Buses' now, to calm myself down....

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

officepest wrote:

Behave.

Teddy Sheringham; Tony Pubis, Sam Allardyce, Jose fucking Mourinho, John Terry, Ashley Cole, Royston Keane, anyone connected with/to FIFA …………………

Simon Cowell.......
Don't get me wrong, I have ill feelings towards Sheringham. But Imo it was cracking and justified banter when, after taking a year of stick about winning fuck all whilst we won the double, he lifted three imaginary trophies whilst warming up for the community shield in 2000. Wanker but you don't often get good banter like that any more.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Arsenal have failed to clear the first man in over 160 corners in all competitions this season. ONE HUNDRED & SIXTY.

That stat won't surprise many but it's still a fucking indictment on everyone involved.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

rodders999 wrote:Arsenal have failed to clear the first man in over 160 corners in all competitions this season. ONE HUNDRED & SIXTY.

That stat won't surprise many but it's still a fucking indictment on everyone involved.
For a good team who win a lot corners should be worth 10 goals a season. Ours are unbelievable, for as long back as I can remember we've had difficulty clearing the first man and its a shambles.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

northbank123 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Arsenal have failed to clear the first man in over 160 corners in all competitions this season. ONE HUNDRED & SIXTY.

For a good team who win a lot corners should be worth 10 goals a season. Ours are unbelievable, for as long back as I can remember we've had difficulty clearing the first man and its a shambles.
Near post Bould, far post Adams.

silus

Post by silus »

Is that true?!! I've had a few beers and not sure if you're taking the piss!
If it's true then it's fucking disgraceful!!
If it's not, then I'm a gullible twat, was totally sucked in and deserve ridicule. :D

Dodgyknee71

Post by Dodgyknee71 »

Wenger admitted his men were nervous in the closing stages.

He said: "Our game is about psychology and the mental aspect. In the final part of the game when the result is not settled, it's always very important.
"I'm happy I could win 400 and it's not as easy as it looks. The next 400 will be much more difficult."

THE FRAUDULENT ONE