THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: Wenger to AC Milan - Milan my new second team

Post by Herd »

There is no way in hell that Gazidis will employ Wenger unless he just wants to hire him then fire him ,its pure bullshit .
Gazidis spent 5 years trying to fire him from Arsenal !

GTG

Post by GTG »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:03 am
augie wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:19 am
TeeCee wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:52 am
I’ll watch their results too, praying for loss after loss and total humiliation for the parasite! Hopefully his last job in football!!

Well said that man :roll: Even if wenger becomes manager of the dog and duck pub team, I will still want him to lose every game and stink the place out like the failure he is :evil:
The man is an arrogant cock who killed this club for the past few seasons just for his own selfish needs :censored: :censored:
I`m as glad as the next man that he has finally left our club and we can move on, the last few years were turgid bar the FA Cup wins but the hatred on here towards him is way over the top, this is a man who gave a lot of us some of the best moments of supporting our club after Anfield 89, between the 98 double and 2004 were magical years, I don't believe for one second he is a "parasite" or an "arrogant cock" or "evil", ridiculous statements from people who have no idea what he is like as a person like most of us on here, I believe that he is actually a decent human being who believed he was doing his best for the club but just got it all wrong for the last few years unfortunately for us!!
I just don't get the hate thing, be glad he has gone, wish he had gone earlier but to hate and despise the man who served our club for so long and won so many trophys is just plain wrong. I wish him luck wherever he ends up.
I will get vilified on here for these comments but hey, you know me as much as you know Wenger so go ahead and make assumptions based on nothing!
No Vilifying from me mate. Your completely entitled to your opinion and its one which many inc the majority of my mates hold.

I personally don't agree with your assumptions based on nothing comment though. We literally know nothing about you. The same cannot be said for Wenger.

On so many occasions he showed a complete lack of respect to the fans. He even threw his hat into the debate on the price of match tickets the once. Like that has anything to do with being a manager. Compare that to Leeds manager Bielsa (publicity stunt or not) getting his players to do community work to understand what the average fan has to go through to pay for a ticket.

Time and time again he dimissed the fans in an arrogant manner. That coupled with his behaviour turning the club into a complete laughing stock at times on the touchline or deciding he wasn;t going to a press conference if we got hammered. The way he behaved towards the female reporter the once just for daring to ask him some awkward questions. I also blame him and the club completely for the divide between the fans. Literally every away game I was going to some kind of trouble was kicking off and i'd never witnessed such a bad atmosphere between fellow gooners in my years supporting the club.

All of that is before you even really get into the football issues.

Some of the stuff goes way beyond the call but there are so many reasons why he lost my respect regardless of the amazing things he did for this club.

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

GTG wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:07 pm
elpelsarmy wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:03 am
augie wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:19 am
TeeCee wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:52 am
I’ll watch their results too, praying for loss after loss and total humiliation for the parasite! Hopefully his last job in football!!

No Vilifying from me mate. Your completely entitled to your opinion and its one which many inc the majority of my mates hold.

I personally don't agree with your assumptions based on nothing comment though. We literally know nothing about you. The same cannot be said for Wenger.

On so many occasions he showed a complete lack of respect to the fans. He even threw his hat into the debate on the price of match tickets the once. Like that has anything to do with being a manager. Compare that to Leeds manager Bielsa (publicity stunt or not) getting his players to do community work to understand what the average fan has to go through to pay for a ticket.

Time and time again he dimissed the fans in an arrogant manner. That coupled with his behaviour turning the club into a complete laughing stock at times on the touchline or deciding he wasn;t going to a press conference if we got hammered. The way he behaved towards the female reporter the once just for daring to ask him some awkward questions. I also blame him and the club completely for the divide between the fans. Literally every away game I was going to some kind of trouble was kicking off and i'd never witnessed such a bad atmosphere between fellow gooners in my years supporting the club.

All of that is before you even really get into the football issues.

Some of the stuff goes way beyond the call but there are so many reasons why he lost my respect regardless of the amazing things he did for this club.
Good post and response!!
Yeah I lost respect for him at the end too and he definitely sided too much with the board but then he was an employee so what was he supposed to do, he made loads of mistakes and divided the support for sure, it was horrible last year, but to hate someone for making mistakes is a bit harsh too in my opinion

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Oh FFS. We have a fucking Wenger thread! :banghead:

Merged. :roll:

Gunner Rob

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Gunner Rob »

looking forward to the last 16 Europa League match between the 2 sides :lol: :lol:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Herd wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:48 am
There is no way in hell that Gazidis will employ Wenger unless he just wants to hire him then fire him ,its pure bullshit .
Gazidis spent 5 years trying to fire him from Arsenal !
its the ex-managers press team talking. trying to talk him up.

they need a young defensively minded coach. there is also not a chance in hell that the top clubs in Europe have not taken note of our rapid turnaround.

I think there's more chance of Dick going to Real Madrid in the summer that the ex-manager going to a sleeping giant like Milan. :lol:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Hoping he loses every game at whatever joke of a football club employs him & what's left of his tarnished legacy is totally destroyed for ever! :barscarf:

Nothing but total contempt for the supporters over the years, defending outrageous ticket prices & fleecing his lucrative wages for the last decade. Blaming the fans for his total failure over many seasons, letting players take the piss, obscene wages, no discipline, allowing cúnts like Gallas to get away with behaviour that would have had him booted out of any other club.

Signing loads of shite like Sonogoals & too many others to list, no other rival clubs would have bought those players that he did. Treating some of our best players like shite & hounding them out of the club! Letting our star players go to rivals! :cussing:

Bollox to the fraudster cúnt wherever he ends up! :barscarf: Piss off Wenger! :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

clockender1 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:53 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:20 pm

That's exactly what he's trying to do Augie. The man is an absolute ringpiece :oops: if he was still here stinking the place out we would be 6-8pts worse off (at least) Jack would be on the treatment table and flicky would be on a million a month :shock: he can fuck right off.

yep. we would of lost 6-0 to city, and Laca would be banging them in for Nice or somewhere.

6th is not 'in good shape' not in any way or form, unless you are those crunts down the lane :banghead:

if Real appoint him they are absolutely insane.

this is the second interview where he has said he doesn't know where he'll be managing. who cares ? literally, no one cares where he goes, fans of The Arsenal or not, no one does.

and i hate the fact that he says ' i'm still an Arsenal fan' - that's utter bollocks too. he was an overpaid employee nothing more.

wanker !
Agreed. He wasted five years with us on 10M a year F.F.S.

Still makes my blood boil. He lived in this bubble totally obvious to the changes that were going on around him and the greater footballing world. He was great for the club in the first 10 years no doubt, but totally obsolete thereafter.

Anyhow, we have moved on. For the good. Long as the owner doesn't keep taking out £4.25M every three months to pay the interest on his loan.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:12 pm

Signing loads of shite like Sonogoals & too many others to list, no other rival clubs would have bought those players that he did.

i think many of those signings were down to (alleged) untraceable backhanders from the agents.

some of the Asian players never made a first team appearance :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Hoping he loses every game at whatever joke of a football club employs him & what's left of his tarnished legacy is totally destroyed for ever! :barscarf:

Nothing but total contempt for the supporters over the years, defending outrageous ticket prices & fleecing his lucrative wages for the last decade. Blaming the fans for his total failure over many seasons, letting players take the piss, obscene wages, no discipline, allowing cúnts like Gallas to get away with behaviour that would have had him booted out of any other club.

Signing loads of shite like Sonogoals & too many others to list, no other rival clubs would have bought those players that he did. Treating some of our best players like shite & hounding them out of the club! Letting our star players go to rivals! :cussing:

Bollox to the fraudster cúnt wherever he ends up! :barscarf: Piss off Wenger! :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
We'll mark you down as an "undecided" then. :lol: :wink:

Whilst I don't hold the obvious hatred you do for him I fully agree that he cunted us the fans and every word of your post is true. I have zero respect left for him and whilst I remember his first 10 years fondly I cannot understand any Gooner now hoping he goes on to further success. He has not earned that, given the last decade of self indulgent ego-driven mismanagement of our club. Id rather he just retired and we moved on as a club.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:26 pm

Signing loads of shite like Sonogoals & too many others to list, no other rival clubs would have bought those players that he did.

i think many of those signings were down to (alleged) untraceable backhanders from the agents.

some of the Asian players never made a first team appearance :banghead:
You obviously meant to stick an "alleged" in there huh? You know so we don't get shut down. No? Ok I'll do it for you. :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

What with the Bayern,Madrid MUFC and now AC Milan rumours all of which have now been proved to be utter kaka you have to wonder if it's journo's just filling up space or some very cruel ,sarcastic people taking the piss and having a laugh !
The more they do it the more I'm thinking the latter ,Fulhams up next I reckon but even they can't be that stupid can they ?
Perhaps someone can run a poll on his next employment !
My Guess is there will be Zero offers from the Premier or Italy or Spain but possibilities in France or the Fatherland ,and best hopes for Big Bucks in China or Japan !

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

He'll go to the far east, only place he has any kind of (good) reputation now!

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Have to say I think my contempt for him has grown rather than tempered since Dick’s arrival!
Dicks transformation of the team and individual players merely confirms what many of us had been saying for 12 years!!!
I’ve heard some gooners discussing the possibility of a Wenger statue being erected outside the stadium should now be considered!
I hope this never happens in my lifetime, it would be hugely divisive, the turmoil he brought for all those years have unfortunately for me outweighed all his success! And that takes some doing considering some of the great moments from his tenure!
There were however far more humiliations and as others have pointed out, his utter contempt for any fan or anyone else who dared to question him showed him for the conceited utter bastard he was and still is, fuck him!!

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

If a statue of him goes up......it will quickly come down again!! :barscarf: