Van Persie saga, officially not extending contract.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Van Persie saga, officially not extending contract.

Post by OneBardGooner »

TheCook wrote:Take your 'chocolate leg' and fuck off

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Qulaity - Qual Itt eee! :high5: :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

arseofacrow wrote:I think TheCook is having a go at Franksav, all because of one game...

:wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Rohan wrote:
augie wrote:
Rohan wrote:
Basil is a Gooner wrote:http://twitter.com/Stuart_PhotoAFC/stat ... 37/photo/1

I see Ivan's back from his hols......
So Gadida is in Islington. Why RVP scum is telling everyone something else.

Why dont you piss off with your "rvp scum" crap ? Some people deserve to have the likes of diaby, bendtner, song etc playing for their team and you are def one of them :roll:
Come on. It is just a little banter. And he is going to join one of the city/utd/chelsea scum. Daiby, Bendy and Song all are also scum if that makes you happy. Given the opportunity, they will also go to one of the scum. For me, not pissing fellow forum member is important than these paid football scums :banghead: .

Ok fair enough and if I was a tad strong then I apologise BUT if you are jesting then please put a winking emoticon so that oldies like me can pick that up 8) :oops:

As for rvp I refuse to call him scum and I will refuse to do so merely for joining citeeh or manure though my attitude towards would alter drastically should he join the chavs. I know I have said it before but I will continue to applaud rvp for his actions this week - yes I would loved for him to sign an extended contract but he didnt and he also didnt string us along for a season like flamini, didnt sit back in the shadows and say nothing of his plans to the fans like cesc did (and I still love cesc as a player) plus, and this is the most important part for me, his statement said everything many of us have said for years now and we needed somebody high profile to bring it into the public domain and he obliged 8)
Unlike many of you I really dont care if he is just using this as a smokescreen or not and it isnt the end of the world for me if he follows the money - as far as I am concerned he is going one way or another but instead of just going quietly he gave us fans this going away pressie to shake things up

Rohan

Post by Rohan »

augie wrote:

Ok fair enough and if I was a tad strong then I apologise BUT if you are jesting then please put a winking emoticon so that oldies like me can pick that up 8) :oops:

As for rvp I refuse to call him scum and I will refuse to do so merely for joining citeeh or manure though my attitude towards would alter drastically should he join the chavs. I know I have said it before but I will continue to applaud rvp for his actions this week - yes I would loved for him to sign an extended contract but he didnt and he also didnt string us along for a season like flamini, didnt sit back in the shadows and say nothing of his plans to the fans like cesc did (and I still love cesc as a player) plus, and this is the most important part for me, his statement said everything many of us have said for years now and we needed somebody high profile to bring it into the public domain and he obliged 8)
Unlike many of you I really dont care if he is just using this as a smokescreen or not and it isnt the end of the world for me if he follows the money - as far as I am concerned he is going one way or another but instead of just going quietly he gave us fans this going away pressie to shake things up
I understand your respect for RVP.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

There are a very small no of our (ex) players that deserve to be called scum and RVP is definitely not one of them.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I certainly wouldn't call him scum (not by a long shot) but I have lost a hell of a lot of respect for him. I can understand why he wants to leave, but even though some people are convinced it will benefit the club in the long run I refuse to give the guy credit for a statement that was completely self-serving and designed solely to sever all ties with the club and manufacture a cheap move elsewhere.

In my view he should have been a big enough man to accept that some fans would have slated him whatever and insisted he went for the money, that's football and you can't please everybody.

People on here are quick enough to patronise anybody who doesn't believe that Wenger is the devil personified, telling them that they're getting drawn in by AFC's propaganda machine, yet most of the same people have been duped by a smooth PR release into believing RvP is some kind of martyr for having the balls to say what he did.

I'm not disagreeing with the fabric of what RvP's statement said, but his supposed reasons for releasing it are bollocks. People are making out that you have to take RvP or the board's side, which is also bollocks. I am seriously pissed off at the way the club is being run but I'm also still disappointed at RvP. I'm frankly sick of having to decide between being an AMG or an AKB, listening to the viciousness with which some people talk of the latter you'd think they support a completely different club! I'm not an AMG or an AKB, I'm an AFC fan and although fans may disagree on some things we all want the best for the club.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

northbank123 wrote:I certainly wouldn't call him scum (not by a long shot) but I have lost a hell of a lot of respect for him. I can understand why he wants to leave, but even though some people are convinced it will benefit the club in the long run I refuse to give the guy credit for a statement that was completely self-serving and designed solely to sever all ties with the club and manufacture a cheap move elsewhere.

In my view he should have been a big enough man to accept that some fans would have slated him whatever and insisted he went for the money, that's football and you can't please everybody.

People on here are quick enough to patronise anybody who doesn't believe that Wenger is the devil personified, telling them that they're getting drawn in by AFC's propaganda machine, yet most of the same people have been duped by a smooth PR release into believing RvP is some kind of martyr for having the balls to say what he did.

I'm not disagreeing with the fabric of what RvP's statement said, but his supposed reasons for releasing it are bollocks. People are making out that you have to take RvP or the board's side, which is also bollocks. I am seriously pissed off at the way the club is being run but I'm also still disappointed at RvP. I'm frankly sick of having to decide between being an AMG or an AKB, listening to the viciousness with which some people talk of the latter you'd think they support a completely different club! I'm not an AMG or an AKB, I'm an AFC fan and although fans may disagree on some things we all want the best for the club.
Well put sir

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:I certainly wouldn't call him scum (not by a long shot) but I have lost a hell of a lot of respect for him. I can understand why he wants to leave, but even though some people are convinced it will benefit the club in the long run I refuse to give the guy credit for a statement that was completely self-serving and designed solely to sever all ties with the club and manufacture a cheap move elsewhere.

As I stated already on the board thread, I really dont give a fcuk if van persie's statement was genuine or a smokescreen cos at the end of the day it served my purpose and wont make any difference as to whether he stays or not

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I was one of van persies biggest defenders on here a couple of years ago when he was only playing half a season at most, but I have to say that the way he and his advisors/agent have gone about their business is appalling.

And anyone and I mean anyone that believes that this is about anything other than MONEY is deluded, as far as I an concerned RVP is a c u n t end of.

There are lots of things that need to be addressed at The Arsenal but this won't help one fucking bit and RVP is only looking after his own interests.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

augie wrote:

As I stated already on the board thread, I really dont give a fcuk if van persie's statement was genuine or a smokescreen cos at the end of the day it served my purpose and wont make any difference as to whether he stays or not
That's what I don't understand, how you can be apathetic towards whether or not our club captain and player of 8 years is trying to mug each and every fan who invests their time, money and emotion into AFC by releasing a steaming pile of shit trying to whore himself out to City and the like on the pretence that he's doing it for the greater good of the club?

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Robin wants to win trophies. He'd rather win them at Arsenal, especially as they will give him a good deal (but crap compared to City). However he realises from his conversations with the powers that be that they have no ambition. He issues a statement that basically says, I've had enough, you promised me (Cesc, Thierry, Patrick, etc) that you would invest and you haven't, my only choice is to leave. Simples. Good luck to the fella and I hope he has shaken a few of the twats at the top out of their complacency.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

What amazes me is that posters on here are slagged off by certain posters for defending wenger/Arsenal and labelled sheep/deluded etc for believing him/them but the same posters are then taken in hook line and sinker by a complete PR stunt to bolster a certain Dutch nationals bank balance, you couldn't fucking make it up.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:What amazes me is that posters on here are slagged off by certain posters for defending wenger/Arsenal and labelled sheep/deluded etc for believing him/them but the same posters are then taken in hook line and sinker by a complete PR stunt to bolster a certain Dutch nationals bank balance, you couldn't fucking make it up.
Even if RVP is doing a PR stunt that does not change the facts of the last 7 years. In those 7 years the mighty Arsenal have been dominant in the ..... oh I give up...

Baaa

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

arseofacrow wrote:I think TheCook is having a go at Franksav, all because of one game...

:wink:
Yeah and Cook that wasnt Franks chocolate leg, his legs were that colour because of the brown velure tracksuit he was wearing

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Chippy wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:What amazes me is that posters on here are slagged off by certain posters for defending wenger/Arsenal and labelled sheep/deluded etc for believing him/them but the same posters are then taken in hook line and sinker by a complete PR stunt to bolster a certain Dutch nationals bank balance, you couldn't fucking make it up.
Even if RVP is doing a PR stunt that does not change the facts of the last 7 years. In those 7 years the mighty Arsenal have been dominant in the ..... oh I give up...

Baaa
I appreciate that, but the truth of that sentiment and the merits of RvP's actions are two completely different things. What I (and presumably LFLG) am saying is that it's possible to think the club is being poorly run AND that RvP was selfish and wrong. If you don't think he was wrong then fair enough but I don't understand how people don't really have an opinion on it.